BPSC Eligibility Criteria 2022: The BPSC eligibility criteria for 2022 are listed in the official notification, which is available at bpsc.bih.nic.in.
The Bihar State Civil Services Combined Competitive Examination, also known as the BPSC Civil Services exam, is held by the Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC).
The 67th CCE exam for the BPSC will be held in January 2022. Only those who meet the eligibility requirements are eligible to apply. The minimum and maximum age ranges for applying are 20 and 37 years old, respectively. For the BPSC Exam, interested candidates can check daily current affairs and news analysis.
BPSC 2022: Highlights
The BPSC has issued Notification 2022, the 67th. The following table contains all of the important information about BPSC that aspirants should be aware of.
|Organization Name||Bihar Public Service Commission|
|Posts||Assistant Forest Guard Officer Competitive Exam|
BPSC Assistant Engineer exam
Combined Competitive Exam
Assistant Public Prosecuting Officer Competitive Exam
Bihar Judicial Service Competitive Exam
BPSC Motor Vehicle Inspector
|Mode of Examination||Offline (OMR Based)|
|Age Limit||21 years to 42 years|
|Selection Process||Written Test (Either one or Prelims and Mains)Interview|
- To apply for BPSC, you must have completed your education.
- Candidates must be 20 years old (Deputy Superintendent of Police) or 21 years old (Probation Officer) to apply (depending upon the post they choose).
- The maximum age is 37 years old. Candidates who fall into one of the reserved categories have an upper age limit.
- There is no limit to how many times candidates can take the BPSC exam as long as they meet the age requirements.
- The number of attempts is three for government employees who have been in continuous service for at least three years, and the upper age limit is relaxed to five years for those who have been in continuous service for at least three years.
- Persons with Disabilities (PwD) have a maximum age of ten years.
- Ex-servicemen under the age of 53 can apply for a three-year BPSC age relaxation.
BPSC Exam Eligibility
For male aspirants in the General Category, the BPSC age limit is:
- Minimum Age – 20, 21 and 22 years
- Maximum Age – 37
The upper age limit for BPSC is given in the table:
|Category||BPSC Upper Age Limit|
|General Category – Female||40 years|
|SC/ST (Male, Female)||42 years|
|BC/OBC (Male, Female)||40 years|
|General Category – Male||37 years|
For different services and categories, the age limit and other BPSC eligibility criteria vary:
|Post/Service Name||Minimum Age|
|Deputy Superintendent of Police||20 years|
|State Transport Officer||21 years|
|Prison & Correctional Services Inspector||22 years|
|Officer, Urban Development & Housing Department||21 years|
|Rural Development Officer||21 years|
|Department Under Election Officer (Election Department Planning Officer)||22 years|
|Planning Officer/District Planning Officer (Gazetted), Labour Resources Department||22 years|
|Officer, Sugarcane Industries Department||22 years|
|Probation Officer||21 years|
|Supply Inspector||21 years|
|Labour Enforcement Officer||21 years|
|Block SC/ST Welfare Officer||21 years|
|State Tax Assistant Commissioner, Commerce (Tax Department Under Election Officer)||22 years|
|District Commander||20 years|
Important points regarding BPSC Age Limit:
- Candidates can attempt as many times as they want as long as they meet the age requirements.
- Employees who have worked for the government for at least three years are eligible for the following benefits:
- The total number of attempts is three.
- 5 years of relaxation in the upper age limit
- The upper age limit for Persons with Disabilities (PwD) has been lowered by ten years.
- Ex-servicemen under the age of 53 can apply for a three-year BPSC age relaxation plus the number of years served.
According to the BPSC Eligibility Criteria, the following educational qualifications are required:
- A Graduate Degree from a recognised University or
- An equivalent qualification
BPSC Physical Requirements 2022
|Bihar Police Service||Minimum Height:|
General Category (Male) – 5 feet 5 inches
Women candidates – 5 feet 2 inches
SC/ST – 5 feet 3 inches
General category (Male) – 32 inches
SC/ST (Male) – 31 inches
Candidates who want to claim benefits under the reservation system must:
- Have a Bihar domicile
- In the BPSC Exam online application, make a note of the reservation category.
Applicants for reservation in the SC/ST category must present the following documents:
- Caste Certificate
Aspirants for BC/OBC reservations must present the following documents:
- Caste Certificate
- Non-Creamy Layer Certificate
BPSC Application Form 2022
On September 24, 2021, the Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) published the BPSC notification 2022 on its official website. On September 30, the BPSC 2022 application form was made available on the official website. Candidates who meet the BPSC Civil Services 2022 eligibility requirements are eligible to apply. Prelims, mains, and interview are the three stages of the BPSC selection process. Applicants who pass all three stages will be hired into various services throughout Bihar.
It is recommended that all BPSC aspirants keep up to date with all official notifications by visiting the BPSC website.
BPSC Eligibility Criteria 2022: FAQ
The candidate must have a graduation degree from a government-recognized university by the end of the online application deadline. The authority has provided two specific guidelines.
A master’s degree from a reputable university or
A qualification that is comparable.
These two candidates should be given more consideration.
Yes, such instances are common. Experts advise staying calm and concentrating on the most important aspect. The following physical criteria, however, must be met.
General Category: Male is 5 feet 5 inches
Women candidates are 5 feet 2 inches
SC/ST – 5 feet 3 inches
General category: Male candidates is 32 inches
SC/ST Male is 31 inches is usually crossed by the 80% of the candidate.
Yes, all of the requirements must be met. The BPSC authority has divided the selection process into four stages of eligibility, which are as follows:
And, in order to succeed, all four must be restrained.
Some of the highest positions in the BPSC are Deputy Superintendent of Police and Sub District Magistrate. In terms of power, salary, and benefits, however, every post covered by the BPSC CCE is the best.