For the purpose of selecting Commissioned Officers for the Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy, and Indian Air Force Academy, the Union Public Service Commission administers the Combined Defence Service exam. The UPSC administers CDS exams to applicants twice a year. This year, UPSC has also made the date for the CDS exam 2022 official on their website.
The CDS exam syllabus can be quite extensive, so strategic preparation is advised. In this article, we’ve offered the top CDS 2022 preparation advice. The sections below will teach you how to get ready for the CDS exam in 2022.
CDS Exam 2022 Preparation Tips
The Union Public Service Commission administers CSD exams to candidates for a variety of positions. The most well-known exam for government employment can be passed with ease with the right preparation plan and study materials, though.
More than 3 lakh people apply each year to take the CDS exam. Candidates can use some of the CDS Exam Preparation tips listed below to help them score well on the exam given the competition for fewer than 371 positions without wasting time, reading pointless books and content, etc.
- Applicants for the CDS should start their preparations at least three to six months prior to the exam.
- Keep a consistent study schedule to make sure the entire syllabus is covered.
- Set aside 6 to 8 hours on your schedule for preparations.
- Give your weekly revisions some thought.
- Take brief breaks frequently.
- Boost your confidence by keeping up with current affairs.
- Establish a schedule for going over topics one at a time.
- The syllabus should be studied and memorised to help you choose which subjects to concentrate on.
- Each day, candidates should take one practise test and review their results. This will make it easier to spot weak points.
- Make sure you are familiar with the fundamental ideas behind each subject and have access to all the information you require.
Subject-wise CDS Exam 2022 Preparation
- For English Language
- Vocabulary, Proficiency, Phrases, One Word Substitution, Sentence Improvement, sentence rearrangement, English Usage Errors, Spotting Errors, Idioms, Phrases, and English Comprehension are all covered in this subject.
- If you want to do well on the CDS Exam 2022, you should practise English on a regular basis.
- Regularly review grammar rules and concepts. But don’t put too much pressure on yourself; go slowly and steadily.
2. For General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Ancient, Medieval, and Modern History, Economics, General Science, Civics, and Geography are all included in the General Knowledge section.
- Candidates must begin preparing for the exam eight months in advance to gain an in-depth and comprehensive understanding of current events.
- Candidates should also keep up with current events and news. He or she should read a summary of editorials, which will assist them in gaining a better understanding of any news or issue.
3. For Mathematical Aptitude
- Profit and Loss, Percentage, Time Speed and Distance, Ratios, Algebra, and Average are all topics covered in elementary mathematics. The primary goal of this subject is to assess the candidate’s numerical abilities.
- This subject took longer to master than others. Because “practise” is the key to perfecting your preparation, the maths section becomes easier than the other subjects if you have properly practised all of the core topics.
- It is not necessary to attempt all of the questions, but it is critical to do so correctly. A candidate should learn the fundamentals of maths while preparing for the exam, and then devise a strategy for solving the questions in a timely manner.
- The key to this subject is time management. Candidates should plan their time so that they can understand and answer all of the questions correctly.
Important Points to Remember for CDS Preparation
A candidate must be willing to work hard both physically and mentally in order to prepare for the CDS exam. Previous year’s papers, preparation books, topic-wise notes, and other UPSC study materials are required. Candidates can improve their chances of being selected by approaching the following tips after receiving the required study materials:
- Get copies of the exam pattern, syllabus, and previous year’s question papers printed.
- Rather than cramming formulas, your basic concepts must be clear at the start of your preparation days.
- Candidates should focus on the important topics that carry the most marks in each exam by analysing previous year’s question papers.
- Make reading a habit. Reading a variety of media, such as magazines, newspapers, blogs, and notes, can help you improve your vocabulary and understanding of practical English.
- Make a list of all the new words you’ve learned and their definitions. Experiment with the words on the list in various scenarios and sentences.
- To improve your answering skills, take online mock tests.
- Daily, read newspapers, news blogs, watch the news, and so on to stay up to date on what’s going on in the world. Keep the material as broad as possible.
- Take down every important date, name, or event that comes up.
- A candidate’s GK preparations can be aided by a variety of mock tests.
- Make a daily revision list of all the important formulas, theorems, identities, and so on.
- To learn how to use theorems and identities properly, try to solve a variety of questions.
- Enrol in a mock test series online.
Preparation Tips for CDS Personal Interview
Candidates must face a personal interview conducted by SSB after passing the CDS test. The SSB interview assesses a candidate’s intelligence, personality, and ability to hold ranks among the Defence Forces’ officers. Psychological tests, group discussions, intelligence tests, outdoor activities, opinions on issues, physical fitness, and other aspects of the interview are included. Here are some important points to help you pass the interview:
- Maintain your self-confidence. Although it is natural to feel nervous or anxious, a candidate must be able to express himself or herself as beautifully as possible.
- A well-honed communication skill is essential, as thoughts can be expressed more effectively and appropriately.
- Keep up with the latest and most interesting events from around the world.
- Consider your words before speaking, and act as if you are already an officer.
- Being respectful and humble is essential.
Last Minute Tips For CDS Exam 2022
The steps below may assist candidates in planning and preparing during that time:
- Make small, practical notes. The notes should be concise and serve as a summary of the material covered.
- Although the last few weeks can be chaotic, all that is required is a calm and well-planned approach.
- Time management is extremely important. The CDS exam is a timed exam in which candidates have approximately one minute to answer each question. Knowledge is important, but so is the ability to apply it quickly.
- Each incorrect answer receives a negative mark on the exam. As a result, speculation should be avoided.
- Taking an online practise test is beneficial.
Because the competition is so tough, students should devote at least ten hours per day to studying.
Yes, in the CDS exam 2022, one-third of a mark was deducted for each incorrect answer.
Solving previous year’s question papers and sample papers will assist candidates in understanding the question pattern and increasing the predictability of the exam topics.