CSIR NET Notification 2022 (Out): The National Testing Agency (NTA) administers the CSIR UGC NET (CSIR NET) exam on a national basis to select candidates for Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) and to establish their eligibility for teaching positions in Indian universities and colleges. On December 3, 2021, the NTA CSIR NET 2021 announcement was released, and the application procedure will end on January 2, 2022. On January 29, February 15, and February 18, 2022, the CSIR UGC NET test will be held.
The ability to pass a single MCQ test is used to select candidates for the CSIR UGC NET. If the candidate passes the exam, he or she will be asked for an interview and will be given a Junior Research Fellowship.
The CSIR NET exam is held in computer-based mode twice a year, in June and December, for five papers: Life science, Earth science, Mathematical science, Chemical science, and Physical science.
The CSIR UGC NET 2021 official announcement has been released. The CSIR UGC NET June 2021 exam was set for mid-July 2021, but the NTA has postponed the June 2021 and December 2021 exams due to the pandemic crisis.
What is CSIR NET?
For individuals interested in becoming a professor or lecturer, the CSIR UGC NET test is one of the most popular national level exams. It allows them to instruct pupils in colleges and universities. NET JRF approved applicants are also eligible for M.Phil or PhD programmes at top universities.
A JRF qualification is also more valuable because JRF students are eligible for a monthly stipend of INR 25,000 per month for a two-year period. If the fellow is registered for a PhD, the fellowship is upgraded to SRF (NET) after two years and the pay is increased to INR 28,000 per month for the third and subsequent years.
CSIR UGC NET Notification 2022: Highlights
The key points of the CSIR UGC NET Notification 2022 are tabulated below:
|Name of the Exam||CSIR UGC NET|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency|
|Posts Offered||Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor/ Lectureship|
|Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Frequency of Exam||Twice a Year (June and December)|
|Number of Subjects for which CSIR UGC NET is Conducted||5|
|Notification Release Date||To be Announced Soon|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
CSIR NET Exam Date 2022
Candidates interested in applying for the CSIR UGC NET 2022 exam should review the exam’s crucial dates. The date of the CSIR UGC NET exam has yet to be declared. Soon after the formal notification, the exam dates will be released.
|CSIR NET 2022 Notification||December 3, 2021|
|CSIR NET 2022 Online Application Start Date||December 3, 2021|
|CSIR NET Application Form Last Date||January 2, 2022|
|CSIR UGC NET Application Fee Last Date||January 2, 2022|
|Online Application Correction Date||To be announced|
|CSIR NET Exam Centre Change||To be announced|
|CSIR NET Admit Card Download Date||To be announced|
|CSIR NET Exam Date 2022||January 29, February 15-18, 2022|
|CSIR NET Result Date||To be announced|
Before taking the exam, applicants should look over the CSIR UGC NET Exam Pattern and Syllabus.
CSIR UGC NET Notification 2022: Eligibility Criteria
Before filling out the application form, candidates should double-check the CSIR NET Eligibility Criteria. Candidates must meet all of the eligibility criteria, including age, educational qualification, and any other requirements, in order to apply for the UGC NET exam. The following are some of the fundamental educational prerequisites for the exam:
- Candidates must have earned a Master’s degree or an equivalent degree from a recognised institute or college, such as an Integrated BS-MS.
- SC/ ST/ physically/ visually handicapped applicants must have scored a minimum of 50% in the Master’s Degree, while general/ EWS/ OBC-NCL candidates must have scored a minimum of 55 per cent in the Master’s Degree.
- Candidates in their last year of a Master’s Degree or equivalent courses, or whose results are pending, are also eligible to take the exam.
- Only PhD degree holders who finished their Master’s degree prior to September 19, 1991, are eligible for a Lectureship. A minimum of 50% of the marks are necessary for this.
CSIR NET Age Limit and Relaxation
- A candidate for a Junior Research Fellowship must be under 31 years old.
- There is no upper age limit for lectureships or assistant professorships.
- SC/ ST/ Physically or Visually Handicapped and female candidates receive a 5-year age relaxation, whereas OBC-Non Creamy Layer applicants receive a 3-year age relaxation.
CSIR NET Application Form
Candidates interested in applying for the UGC NET exam may go to the official website to register and get further information. While completing the CSIR UGC NET application form, aspirants must follow the processes outlined below:
- Step 1: Go to the CSIR UGC NET official website.
- Step 2: Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the ‘Application Form UGC- NET Dec 2020 and June 2021 cycle’ button.
- Step 3: You will be redirected to the application form page after clicking that.
- Step 4: Select ‘New Registration’ for new users. A page of instructions will appear; carefully read everything, scroll down, and check the box provided below.
- Step 5: Select the ‘Click here to Proceed’ button. Name, date of birth, educational qualification, email address, mobile number, and other required information were all mentioned.
- Step 6: After the application form has been correctly filled out. Then press the ‘Submit’ button.
- Step 7: You’ll be given the application number and password. For future reference, log in with the same application number and password.
- Step 8: Candidates must upload their scanned pictures in the format specified.
- Step 9: Candidates must double-check all information before paying the ‘Application Fee.’
- Step 10: Keep a copy of the fee receipt and a printout of the completed application form for future reference.
CSIR UGC NET Application Fees
The application fee for the CSIR UGC NET 2022 exam varies according to the categories listed below:
|OBC (NCL)/EWS||INR 500|
|SC / ST / Person with Disabilities(PwD) / Transgender||INR 250|
Candidates are advised to pay the application fee and complete all application-related obligations before the deadline to ensure a smooth application process. Because a website’s load has a greater probability of crashing servers.
Quick Guide for Aspirants
We’ve put up a comprehensive reference to the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) NET Exam, which includes all of the necessary exam information.
- Eligibility Criteria – Before applying for the exam, you should be aware of the educational requirements as well as the age limit for CSIR UGC NET Eligibility.
- Exam Pattern & Syllabus – It is critical to understand these two aspects before beginning your exam preparation. You should be aware of the types of questions that will be asked on the exam. Knowing the grading scheme will aid you in creating a study strategy.
- Question Papers – The easiest way to prepare for the exam is to solve the previous year’s papers. It will assist you in determining the exam difficulty level and the types of questions that will be asked.
- Answer Keys – The answer key contains all of the solutions to the question papers, allowing you to determine your exam preparation level. It will also give you an idea of the correct answers you provided during the exam.
- Mock Tests – Practice makes perfect for males. Regularly taking the CSIR NET Mock Test Papers might help you enhance your speed and accuracy on the exam.
CSIR UGC NET Notification 2022: FAQs
Q1. What is the full form of CSIR UGC NET?
Ans. The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test is abbreviated as CSIR UGC NET. The purpose of this exam is to determine the qualifications of candidates for a lectureship or junior research fellowship.
Q2. Has NTA released the CSIR UGC NET June 2022 notification?
Ans. In the month of October, the official notification for the CSIR UGC NET is anticipated to be released.
Q3. What if candidates made a mistake while filling out the application form?
Ans. If a candidate fills out the application form incorrectly, the National Testing Agency permits them to fix it. However, that window will be open for a limited time, from September 7 to September 12, 2022.
Q4. Does CSIR NET offer job vacancies to candidates?
Ans. Candidates who pass the UGC NET exam are not offered any jobs by CSIR or NTA. Candidates who pass the exam are eligible for lectureship positions at universities or colleges. The CSIR UGC NET exam is solely held to assess applicants’ ability for Assistant Professor positions.
Q5. Where can I fill out the application form for CSIR UGC NET?
Ans. Candidates can apply for the CSIR UGC NET by visiting the official website.
Q6. How much stipend is provided to JRF candidates?
Ans. A JRF who is selected through the CSIR UGC NET would be paid INR 25,000 per month for two years.