The CBSE has released the CTET Cut-Off Marks along with the CTET result 2022. The CTET Exam has different minimum qualifying marks for different categories (GEN/OBC/SC/ST). General category candidates who score 60% or higher in the CTET 2022 exam will be considered qualified, while candidates from the OBC/SC/ST categories must score at least 55%. The normalisation process for CTET score calculation is being used for the first time by CBSE. Candidates who achieve the required Passing Marks in the CTET Exam are declared successful in the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET). Read this full article to know about the CTET cut-off for 2022.
Cut off Marks For CTET 2022
This exam is passed by lakhs of candidates. The Central Teachers Eligibility Test (CTET) was held in approximately 135 cities across the country by the CBSE. The exam is divided into two parts. Paper 1 is for candidates interested in teaching in grades 1 to 5, while Paper 2 is for candidates interested in teaching in grades 6 to 8. Each paper is of 150 points. Candidates with a score of 90 or higher will be considered qualified. The number of candidates who appeared and qualified each year is as follows:
Category Wise CTET Cut off and Marks 2022
Candidates in the General category who got 60% on the examination will be considered qualified. There is no negative marking for incorrectly attempted questions, which is good news for all candidates. We’ve also included CTET 2022 qualifying marks and cutoffs for each category. The CTET qualifying marks are listed below, arranged by category. Candidates can check their CTET passing scores by category (SC, ST, OBC, General).
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentage||Passing Marks|
|For General||60%||90 Out Of 150|
|For OBC/SC/ST||55%||82 Out Of 150|
Steps to Check CTET Cut off 2022
Candidates can check the CTET 2021 exam cutoff by following the steps below:
- Step 1: Candidates must go to the CTET exam’s official website, @ctet.nic.in.
- Step 2: Go to the CTET results page and click on it.
- Step 3: Write down your roll number.
- Step 4: Click the Submit button.
- Step 5: Review the CTET score and cutoff.
Score Card for CTET 2022
Candidates who passed the CTET Exam 2021-22 can access and download their CTET score card 2022 from their DigiLocker account with ease. The CBSC board will send the CTET score card 2022 directly to the candidates’ DigiLocker accounts. Candidates will not be given a hard copy of their CTET Score Card or CTET Certificate. They must log in to their DigiLocker account using the credentials that CBSE has sent to their registered mobile number and email address.
Result Highlights and Previous Year Pass Percentage for CTET
|CTET Year||Applicants Appeared||Qualified||Passing Percentage|
|January 2021 Paper 1||12,47,217||4,14,798||33.25%|
|January 2021 Paper 2||11,04,454||2,39,501||21.68%|
|December 2019 Paper 1||14,13,390||2,47,386||17.50%|
|December 2019 Paper 2||9,91,755||2,94,899||29.73%|
|July 2019 Paper 1||13,59,478||2,14,658||15.78%|
|July 2019 Paper 2||10,17,553||1,37,172||13.48%|
|December 2018 Paper 1||10,73,545||1,78,273||16.60%|
|December 2018 Paper 2||8,78,425||1,26,968||14.45%|
|September 2016 Paper 1||1,93,005||26,638||13.8%|
|September 2016 Paper 2||3,86,085||42,928||11.12%|
|February 2015||6,77,554||80,187||11.95 %|
CTET Cutoff 2022: Factors to Consider
The cut-off for CTET is determined by a number of factors. The following are some of the factors:
- Number of candidates who took the CTET Exam Minimum passing marks for the CTET Exam
- Candidates who have registered for the CTET Exam
- The paper’s level of difficulty
Validity of the CTET Certificate
The CTET is a national-level entrance exam. Candidates who obtain a CTET certificate now will be eligible to apply for teacher recruitment for the rest of their lives. The CTET 2022 minimum qualifying marks have been set by the CBSE.
Opportunities After Qualifying CTET Exam
Candidates who have passed the CTET can apply at:
- Schools under the administrative control of the UTs of Chandigarh, Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu, and Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, and NCT of Delhi (KVS, NVS, Central Tibetan Schools, etc.).
- Teachers may be considered for unaided private schools based on CTET scores.
- If a state government decides not to conduct the State TET, CTET scores can be used in teacher recruitment.
- According to CBSE Affiliation Bye-Law 53, which prescribes the minimum qualifications for teachers to teach various subjects in Classes I to VIII in CBSE-affiliated schools, the minimum qualifications for teachers to teach various subjects in Classes I to VIII have been amended to that extent, and it will be mandatory for teachers appointed after March 6, 2012, to teach classes I to VIII in CBSE-affiliated schools, candidates must pass the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) administered by CBSE on behalf of the Central Government or the Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) administered by the appropriate State Government in accordance with the NCTE Guidelines.
Tips to Consider To Crack CTET Exam
- Stick to the strategy you’ve devised for yourself. Now is the time to execute and perform to the best of your ability in the exam hall.
- In your exam, time management is extremely important. Keep track of your time and the number of questions you attempt. For the exam, time management will be crucial, so don’t waste it on any specific questions. You must practise more and more to check your preparation and manage your time during an exam.
- Accuracy and speed– Keep these two words in mind. Speed and accuracy are critical components of any competitive exam. You must maintain both because if one of them is not followed, you may be caught in a blunder. You must maintain both because if one of them is not followed, you might screwup. You simply cannot afford to make such an error. If you believe a question is taking longer than it should, you should leave it and move on to the next.
Yes, one is eligible to apply, but it will be contingent on the recruitment eligibility criteria.
No, you are ineligible. The OBC Category candidate must score at least 82 marks to pass.
The CTET Certificate is valid for a lifetime.