GPSC Preparation Tips 2022: The Gujarat Public Service Commission, or GPSC, conducts recruitment exams for various positions in the state government. Before taking the exam, candidates should familiarise themselves with all of the criteria. Before filling out the application forms, aspirants should familiarise themselves with the syllabus and eligibility requirements.
Candidates who are taking the Gujarat Public Service Commission examination must pass all stages in order to be considered for a job in the state. The exam is administered in two languages: English and Gujarati. The prelims stage consists of objective-type questions, the mains stage is a written stage, and the final round is the personal interview round.
GPSC Preparation Tips 2022
1. Proper Time- table should be made
- All candidates should begin their exam preparation by creating and sticking to a schedule.
- Your preparation will be crystal clear and completed on time if you use a proper timetable.
- The timetable will include deadlines, and the candidate will be required to work harder to meet them.
2. The Syllabus should be well-known to you.
- Before purchasing any books or study materials, aspirants should be well informed and go over the entire syllabus.
- For the Preliminary and Mains examinations, aspirants must complete the entire syllabus provided by GPSC.
- Candidates should study the exam pattern to better understand the syllabus.
3. Make appropriate notes
- Candidates should take thorough notes on all of the previous year’s topics.
- These notes are extremely useful for candidates who are revising for the GPSC exam at the last minute.
- Daily revision of these notes is crucial.
- Short and precise notes are required.
4. For the GPSC Exam, previous year question papers must be solved.
- Candidates must examine GPSC previous year question papers in order to assess their preparation.
- Solving previous year’s question papers will assist candidates in identifying all of the important exam topics that have been asked in previous years.
- Candidates should solve practise questions papers after finishing and revising each topic.
- It is simple to predict the difficulty level of the GPSC examination if candidates solve previous year’s papers.
5. Mock Tests must be completed.
- Candidates should begin taking online mock tests once they have completed the syllabus.
- Candidates can take a variety of mock tests online.
- Taking mock tests is a must if you want to improve your question-solving ability and speed.
- Candidates will be able to solve the question paper on time if they practise mock tests.
6. Proper revision
- The GPSC examination requires thorough review of all topics and subjects.
- Candidates who keep revising will not forget what they have learned previously.
GPSC Tips for Current Affairs Section Preparation
- Aspirants must keep up with current events and trends to determine how and what questions are related to current affairs.
- To stay informed, the candidates must subscribe to a national newspaper, preferably The Hindu.
- In addition to reading the newspaper, the aspirant should read a monthly magazine to keep up with current events.
GPSC Do’s and Don’ts
- Candidates should not cut corners when it comes to revision time, and they should not learn new topics right before the exam.
- Before any examination, sleep and good nutrition are essential.
- Water consumption is critical.
- Stress can lower your morale, so avoid it. Candidates should take small breaks every hour.
- Regularly review all of the topics to ensure that you are well prepared.
- Always be upbeat, positive, and confident.
Study Material for GPSC 2022
For the GPSC exam, candidates must have study materials; here are the important details:
- GPSC Examination Books in Gujarati
- NCERT Books and its Notes must be with the candidates
- Yojana Magazine, Kurukshetra Magazine, The Hindu, Press Information Bureau (PIB)- Current Affairs
- Books in English
Best Books for GPSC Exam Preparation
Here is a list of all the important books that candidates should have for the GPSC exam preparation:
- Gujarat No Itihas (In Gujarati) by Hiren- Gujarat History
- Laxmikanth- Indian Polity
- Bipin Chandra- Modern History
- Ramesh Singh- Economy
- India Year Book
- Majid Hussain- Geography
Important Points to keep in Mind
- Before taking the GPSC exam, candidates should be mentally and physically prepared.
- Every candidate should establish their objectives and plan accordingly.
- All subjects should be given the same amount of time, which should be carefully planned.
- The eligibility criteria for the GPSC must be read by all candidates who plan to take the exam.
- All candidates taking the GPSC examination should be aware of the exam pattern.
Frequently Asked Questions
Candidates must keep up with current events and trends to understand the types of questions that will be asked. Candidates can also get the latest news from national newspapers like The Hindu.
Because the GPSC is not like other yearly competitive exams. Even if GPSC announces its schedule, the entire process will never be completed in less than two years.
Cracking any type of competitive exam is not difficult if you have a dedicated and focused mind. Focus on the prelims first, and then on all of the important subjects in the paper.