GPSC Syllabus: Exams are conducted by the Gujarat Public Service Commission (GPSC) to select students for civil service positions in Gujarat. Candidates must pass the Gujarat Civil Services Exam in order to be considered for jobs in the Gujarat Government’s Class I and Class II categories. The GPSC syllabus is divided into two parts: the GPSC Prelims syllabus and the GPSC Mains syllabus. Interview rounds are also used to select candidates. Exams for the GPSC are only given in Gujarati or English.
The GPSC is divided into three stages:
- Prelims (2 papers of Objective type)
- Mains (6 papers of Written type)
- Personal interview
Candidates applying for the positions of Assistant Engineer, DYSO, Police Inspector, and State Tax Inspector should familiarise themselves with the GPSC Syllabus and Exam Pattern for the respective positions, as this will aid in their preparation for the GPSC exams.
Class I: Preliminary Exam GPSC Syllabus Phase I
The GPSC Prelims consists of two MCQ-based papers. The papers are worth a total of 400 points, with each Question Paper carrying 200 points. To appear for the mains, you must pass the preliminary exams. Each preliminary exam will last approximately 120 minutes.
- Topics for GS Paper 1: General Mental Ability, History, Cultural Heritage, Constitution, Policy, Social Justice, and International Relations
- Topics for GS Paper 2: Indian Economy and Planning, Geography, Science and Technology, and Regional, National, and International Current Events
Suggested Books GPSC Prelims Paper
It is critical to prepare for the GPSC using the correct books; in order to achieve a high score, the correct books for preparation are essential. The following is a list of essential books that will aid candidates in passing the GPSC exams:
|Name of the Subjects||Name of the Books||Authors||Details|
|Indian history||1.Modern History|
|These history books provide a simple way to prepare well in the section of Indian History.|
|Cultural heritage||Facets of Indian Culture||Spectrum’s||It helps you to easily understand the facts of the Indian culture quickly.|
|Indian polity||Indian Polity||M. Laxmikant||You can understand about the Indian polity in this competitive exam book and score a good mark.|
|Geography of India||Geography of India||Majid Husain||Various topics such as India geography and Gujarat history are covered in the competitive exam book.|
|Economy of India||Indian Economy||Ramesh Singh||The book will teach you everything you need to know about Gujarat and India.|
|International and nation Current affairs||Current affairs combo for PSC||Team Youwin||The book covers both national and international current affairs.|
Class I: Mains Exam GPSC Syllabus Phase II
The GPSC mains consists of six exams, and candidates must pass the prelims exam before taking the mains. In the GPSC mains, there are six exams: Gujrati, English, Essay, General Studies 1, General Studies 2, and General Studies 3.
|Gujrati||Comprehension, Synonyms, Sentence Translation, Grammar, Vocabulary, Error Detection, Antonyms, Fill in the Blanks, Plural Forms, and Phrases/ Muhavare, etc|
|English||Writing an essay, a letter, a press release/appeal, a report, writing on visual information, giving a formal speech, precise writing, reading comprehension, English grammar, and translation|
|Essay||Current events, Sociopolitical issues, Socioeconomic issues, Environmental issues, Civic awareness issues, and Reflective topics|
|General studies 1||History of India, Cultural Heritage, And Geography|
|General Studies 2||Indian Polity and Constitution, Ethics in Public Service and Public Administration and Governance|
|General studies 3||Science and Technology, Current Events of regional, Indian Economy and Planning, language and International importance|
Suggested Books GPSC Mains Paper
It is essential to prepare for the GPSC using the correct books; in order to achieve a high score, the correct books for preparation are essential. The following is a list of essential books that will aid candidates in passing the GPSC exams:
- For General Studies
- Books : Indian Economy by Dutt & Sundaram and History of Modern India by AC Banerjee
- Features: The Indian economy book cover topic based on the economy that helps you to build stronger concepts in this section.
- For Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Books: Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning books R.S Agarwal
- Features: It covers various topics in the reasoning that provide the candidate full preparation for the examination.
- For English essay English Language
- Books: English language by S.P Bakshi and Phrasal Verbs Dictionary 2nd Edition by Cambridge Dictionary
- Features: This book helps you to understand the English language and score good marks in this section.
- For Fundamentals Of Computer Architecture
- Books: Operating System Principles by Galvin and Physically Based Rendering (PBRT) by Pharr and Humphreys
- Features: The book covers the important topic related to computer science from the basic level to the advanced level.
- Other Important Books
- Navneet General Knowledge for GPSC by N.G.Raval: This book gives important material to the candidates for scoring good marks in the examination. It is a popular book for PSC exam preparation.
- A Compendium of Essays by J.K. Chopra: The book almost covers everything in the English language that helps the student to understand good English.
- Gk for GPSC and All Competition Exam by Akshar Prakashan: The book is specially designed for the PSC candidates that includes the question on GK.
To achieve a good exam score, it is necessary to develop a proper preparation strategy and prepare accordingly.
Frequently Asked Questions
The GPSC syllabus includes topics such as Indian history, cultural heritage, geography, Indian politics, public administration, economics, science, and current affairs.
No, candidates have the option of writing their answers in English, so Gujarati is not a requirement for the GPSC Exam.
Applicants should read the state board school textbooks and bring reference books for each subject listed on the GPSC syllabus.