The GSET Exam is an eligibility entrance exam used to select qualified candidates for Assistant Professor positions in colleges throughout Gujarat. The GSET exam is administered by the Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET) Agency, which is based at the Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda in Vadodara. The University Grants Commission in New Delhi has approved it. GSET is a once-a-year state-level online examination.
Candidates taking the GSET Exam must be over the age of 18, but there is no upper age limit. Candidates can start their application by visiting the official website; the entire application process is conducted online.
GSET Exam 2022: An Overview
For aspiring candidates, the table below summarizes the key features of the GSET exam.
|Exam Name||Gujarat State Eligibility Test|
|Conducting Authority||Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara|
|Level of Exam||State|
|Frequency of Exam||Once in a year|
|Levels of Exam||Paper 1 (50 Objective Questions)Paper 2 (100 Objective Questions)|
|Duration of Exam||3 Hours|
|Name of the Post||Assistant Professor|
GSET Exam Dates 2022: Tentative Dates
The dates listed in the table below are estimates based on the dates of the previous year’s examinations.
|Exam Related Events||Tentative Schedule|
|GSET Admit Card Date||January|
|GSET Exam Date||January|
|Online Application Process||June|
|Admit Card||To be Announced|
|GSET Exam||To be Announced|
|Answer Key||To be announced|
|Result||To be announced|
The GSET Exam Application Process
The application form for the GSET exam can be found on the official website. Before filling out the registration form, each applicant must ensure their eligibility by checking the GSET 2022 eligibility criteria provided by the conducting authorities. The GSET 2022 exam application process starts with the payment of the application fee and ends with the candidate’s registration.
Below is a detailed description of the application process:
- Before applying for the GSET 2022 exam online, applicants must have a scanned passport-size colored photograph in JPG format. The document must be under 100 KB in size.
- Candidates must first go to the GSET website and log in with their order number and SBI epay Reference ID before filling out the GSET 2022 application form by clicking the “Apply Online” link beneath their login profile.
- Candidates must fill out all the information on the online application form carefully and follow the on-screen instructions. Please include all of your basic details, such as your name, subject, preferred exam center, category, and so on.
- Before submitting the application form, double-check all of the details because no changes can be made after it has been submitted.
- After successful submission and confirmation, the candidate must print the filled online GSET 2022 application form. The candidate must keep and preserve the printed application form for future reference.
To pay the fee, go to www.gujaratset.ac.in, which is the official website of the GSET. The application fee can only be paid with a debit or credit card, net banking, or UPI (GST).
The following is a list of the application fees for each of the GSET 2022 exam categories.
|Category Name||Application Fees|
|General/ SEBC (Non-creamy layer)/ EWS/ Candidates||INR 900/ plus bank charges.|
|ST/ SC / Transgender Candidates||INR 700 plus bank charges.|
|PWD (PH /VH) Candidates||INR 100 plus bank charges.|
|WBSSC Teacher||SSA Gujarat Recruitment||RSMSSB NTT Teacher|
|Bihar Scholarship||KPSC Teacher||UP Scholarship|
GSET Exam Eligibility Criteria
The minimum qualification for applying for the upcoming GSET 2022 exam is listed in the GSET eligibility criteria 2022. In the official notification, the official eligibility details are published. To avoid last-stage disqualification, it’s critical to follow the criteria before applying online. Examine the educational requirements as well as the age limit for GSET 2022 eligibility.
According to the GSET Eligibility 2022, applicants must have a master’s degree in a GSET subject to apply for the exam. Candidates in their final year of study are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates in the General/Unreserved/General-EWS category must have received at least 55 percent in a Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from a UGC-recognized university or institution.
- Science, Humanities (including languages), Social Science, and Computer Science & Applications are all acceptable post-graduation streams.
- Other categories require a minimum of 50% marks.
For Assistant Professor eligibility in GSET, there is no upper age limit.
GSET Subject-Wise Eligibility
The full list of GSET subjects was also included in the official notice. Under the GSET Subject List 2022 section, you’ll find the list. Candidates must take the GSET only in the subject of their post-secondary education.
GSET Syllabus 2022
The following is a list of the syllabus and subjects as found on the official website. As a result, students can start preparing for the GSET 2022 exam using the information provided below.
GSET Syllabus: For Mathematical Sciences
- Analysis- Elementary set theory, finite, countable, and uncountable sets, Real number system as a complete ordered field, supremum, infimum, archimedean property, Metric spaces, connectedness, etc.
- Linear Algebra- Vector spaces, linear dependence, basis, dimension, algebra of linear transformations, subspaces, Eigenvalues and eigenvectors, Algebra of matrices, rank, etc.
- Complex Analysis: The complex plane, polynomials, power series, Algebra of complex numbers, transcendental functions such as exponential, trigonometric and hyperbolic functions, Analytic functions, etc.
- Algebra- Combinations, pigeon-hole principle, inclusion-exclusion principle, Permutations, Derangements, Fundamental theorem of arithmetic, divisibility in Z, congruences, Chinese Remainder Theorem, etc.
- Topology: basis, dense sets, connectedness and compactness, subspace and product topology, separation axioms.
- Ordinary Differential Equations (ODEs)- Existence and uniqueness of solutions of initial value problems for first-order ordinary differential equations, singular solutions of first-order ODEs, a system of first-order ODEs, General theory of homogeneous and non-homogeneous linear ODEs, etc.
- Partial Differential Equations (PDEs): Method of separation of variables for Laplace, Heat, and Wave equations, Classification of second-order PDEs, General solution of higher-order PDEs with constant coefficients, etc.
- Numerical Analysis- Numerical solutions of algebraic equations, Rate of convergence, Solution of systems of linear algebraic equations using Gauss elimination and Gauss-Seidel methods, etc.
- Calculus of Variations: Euler-Lagrange equation, Variation of a functional, Necessary and sufficient conditions for extrema. Variational methods for boundary value problems in ordinary and partial differential equations.
- Linear Integral Equations: Characteristic numbers and eigenfunctions, resolvent kernel, Linear integral equation of the first and second kind of Fredholm and Volterra type, Solutions with separable kernels.
- Classical Mechanics: Lagrange’s equations, Generalized coordinates, Hamilton’s canonical equations, Hamilton’s principle and the principle of least action, Euler’s dynamical equations for the motion of a rigid body about an axis, the theory of small oscillations, Two-dimensional motion of rigid bodies.
- Descriptive statistics, exploratory data analysis, Sample space, Bayes theorem, Modes of convergence, Limit theorems (i.i.d. case), Independent random variables, etc.
GSET 2022 Syllabus: For Physical Sciences
Part A ” Core”
- Mathematical Methods of Physics: Dimensional analysis,matrices, vector algebra, vector calculus, matrices, Cayley-Hamilton, linear algebra, central limit theorem, etc.
- Classical Mechanics: Newton’s laws, relativistic kinematics, and mass-energy equivalence, non-inertial frames and pseudo forces, conservation laws and cyclic coordinates, etc.
- Electromagnetic Theory: Electrostatics: Gauss’s law and its applications, Magnetostatics: Biot-Savart law, Ampere’s theorem, Dary value problems, Magnetostatics: Biot-Savart law, etc.
- Quantum Mechanics: wave-particle duality, motion in a central potential, orbital angular momentum, tunneling through a barrier, etc.
- Thermodynamic and Statistical Physics: Laws of thermodynamics and their consequences, Maxwell relations, thermodynamic potentials, phase equilibria, etc.
- Electronics and Experimental Methods: Semiconductor devices (diodes, junctions, transistors, field-effect devices, homo-and hetero-junction devices), operational amplifiers and their applications, etc.
Part B ” Advanced”
- Mathematical Methods of Physics: Green’s function, tensors, elements of computational techniques: the root of functions, interpolation, finite difference methods, extrapolation, integration by trapezoidal and Simpson’s rule, etc.
- Classical Mechanics- Dynamical systems, invariance, and Noether’s theorem. Hamilton-Jacobi theory, etc.
- Electromagnetic Theory- Dispersion relations in plasma, Transmission lines and waveguides, etc.
- Quantum Mechanics- Relativistic quantum mechanics: Klein-Gordon and Dirac equations, etc.
- Thermodynamic and Statistical Physics- Diamagnetism, paramagnetism, and ferromagnetism. Ising model, etc.
- Electronics and Experimental Methods- Linear and nonlinear curve fitting, chi-square test, amplification (Op-amp based, instrumentation amp, feedback), etc.
- Atomic & Molecular Physics- Quantum states of an electron in an atom, Quantum states of an electron in an atom, etc.
- Condensed Matter Physics- Josephson junctions, Superfluidity, Defects and dislocations, Ordered phases of matter: translational and orientational order, etc.
- Nuclear and Particle Physics- Nature of the nuclear force, a form of nucleon-nucleon potential, charge-independence, and charge-symmetry of nuclear forces. Deuteron problem, etc.
GSET 2022 Syllabus: For Chemical Sciences
- Inorganic Chemistry: Chemical periodicity, transition elements, and coordination compounds: structure, spectral and magnetic properties, bonding theories, reaction mechanisms, etc.
- Physical Chemistry: Basic principles of quantum mechanics, chemical bonding in diatomics, approximate methods of quantum mechanics, atomic structure and spectroscopy,chemical applications of group theory, molecular spectroscopy, etc.
- Organic Chemistry: IUPAC nomenclature of organic molecules, including regio- and stereoisomers, principles of stereochemistry, chemistry of natural products, aromaticity, pericyclic reactions, asymmetric synthesis, etc.
- Interdisciplinary topics: Chemistry in nanoscience and technology, medicinal chemistry, supramolecular chemistry, catalysis, green chemistry, environmental chemistry.
Life Sciences Syllabus
- Methods in Biology
- Cellular Organization
- Applied Biology
- Cell Communication and Cell
- Evolution and behavior, etc.
- Molecules and their Interactions Relevant to Biology
- Developmental Biology
- Fundamental Process
- Darśana Literature: Special Study- Īśvarakṛṣna, Bādarāyaṇa, Laugākṣibhāskara; Arthasaṁgraha, etc.
- General Introduction of Vedic Literature: Main theories regarding the Veds, Saṁhitā Literature, Dialogue Hymns, Brāhamaṇa-Literature, Āraṇyaka Literature, Vedāṅgas.
- Specific Study of Vedic Literature
- Gupta, Vakataka age, etc.
- Pastoralism and food production
- Colonial Economy
- Society and Culture
- Sources of Modern Indian History
- Rise of Indian Nationalism, etc.
- Dissolution of Empire and Emergence of Regional Powers
- From State to Empire: The Rise of Magadha
- Vedic and later Vedic periods
- Expansion of the state system
- Negotiating the Sources: Archaeological sources: exploration, excavation, myths, legends, etc.
- Indus/Harappa Civilization
- Science, Technology, and Society, etc.
- Urban Society
- Structural Functionalism and Structuralism
- Social Change and Processes
- Political Processes in India
- Conceptualizing Social Reality
- Classical Sociological Traditions
- Postmodernism, post-structuralism, and post-colonialism
- Rural and peasant society
- Hermeneutic and interpretive traditions
- Indian Thinkers
- social movements and protests.
Syllabus of Economics
- Environmental Economics and Demography
- Mathematical Economics
- Growth and Development of Economics
- Public Economics
- International Economics
- Money & Banking
- Indian Economy
- Statistics and Econometrics
- Micro Economics
Political Science Syllabus
- International Relations
- Political Theory
- Governance and Public Policy in India:
- Comparative Political Analysis
- Political Thought
- India’s Foreign Policy
- Indian Political Thought
- Political Processes in India
- Public Administration
- Political Institutions in India
- Human Development and Interventions
- The Emergence of Psychology
- Thinking, intelligence, and creativity
- Personality, motivation, emotions, stress, and coping
- The biological basis of behavior
- Psychological testing
- Attention, perception, learning, memory, and forgetting
- Social Psychology
- Research methodology and statistics
- Emerging areas
- Non-Fictional Prose
- English in India: history, evolution, and the future
- Cultural Studies
- Language: Basic concepts, theories, and pedagogy. English in use
- Literary Theory post World War II
- Literary Criticism
- Fiction, Short Story
- Research Methods and Materials in English
Syllabus: Library and Information Science
- Information Sources: Nature, Characteristics, Types, and Formats.
- Data, information, knowledge, and wisdom
- Historical Development of Libraries in India; Committees and Commissions on Libraries in India.
- Library Automation
- Computer Technology
- Academic Library and Information Systems
- Research Concept, Purpose, Functions, Scope, and Ethics; Types of Research: Basic and Applied, Interdisciplinary, and Multidisciplinary.
- Environmental & Human Rights Law
- Law of Crimes
- Commercial Law
- Family Law
- Comparative Public Law & Systems of Governance
- Public International Law and IHL
- Constitutional and Administrative Law
- Intellectual Property Rights and Information Technology Law
- The Law of Torts and Consumer Protection
- Business Management and Human Resource Management
- Business Finance
- Business Economics
- Income Tax and Corporate Tax Planning
- The Business Environment and International Business
- Legal Aspects of Business
- Banking and Financial Institutions
- Marketing Management
- Accounting and Auditing
- Business Statistics and Research Methods
- Decision Making
- Value-Based Organisation
- Managerial Economics
- capital structure, etc.
- Emotions and Stress Management
- Group Behavior
Computer Science & Applications Syllabus
- Computer System Architecture
- Discrete Structures and Optimization
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Artificial intelligence (AI)
- Data communication and computer networks
Syllabus: Earth Science
- Mineralogy and Petrology
- Structural Geology and Geotectonics
- Paleontology and its applications
- Chemical Oceanography
- Physical Meteorology
- Sedimentology & Stratigraphy
- Atmospheric electricity
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean & Planetary Sciences
- Cloud Physics
Physical Education Syllabus
- Teaching Aptitude
- Physical education and adapted physical education
- Teaching Aptitude
- Management- its principles and theories
- Social aspects of sports
Home Science Syllabus:
- Communication for Development
- Family Studies
- Apparel designing
- Extension Management & Community Development
- Food Science & Food Service Management
- Housing & Interior Design
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Resource Management & Consumer Issues
- Child/Human Development
Social Work Syllabus
- Social Work with Individuals and groups
- Indian Constitution, Social Justice, Human Rights, and Social Work Practice
- Research in Social Work
- The Nature and Development of Social Work
- Areas of Social Work Practice
GSET 2022 Exam Pattern
Those preparing for the GSET 2022 exam should be aware of the exam’s content structure and pattern in order to improve their scores. The GSET exam consists of two papers, each of which contains only Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ). GSET 2022 is an offline exam in which candidates must take an OMR-based test (Optical Mark Reader).
The correct response to each question in paper 1 and paper 2 will earn you +2 marks. In both papers, there is no negative marking. The GSET 2022 takes 3 hours to complete (09:30 AM to 12:30 PM). Physically handicapped candidates will be given 20 minutes of extra time for Paper 1 and 40 minutes of extra time for Paper 2. The paper pattern is shown below.
The questions in the paper will be in Gujarati and English (except for Science and Language subjects).
|Paper||Total Number of Questions||Marks allotted to each question||Maximum Marks|
The questions in Paper I are designed to assess the candidate’s teaching and research abilities. The majority of the questions will focus on the candidate’s reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness.The questions on Paper II will be based on a specific subject.
The applicant can choose the subject.
GSET 2022 Preparation Plan
- It’s more important to learn the GSET Syllabus over time than it is to memorize it. Understanding what topics will be covered in Paper 1 and why will help you develop better exam preparation strategies. Make a distinction between your weak topics and those that you are familiar with and understand. Recognize where you should spend the most time and effort in order to conveniently prepare for something challenging.
- After you’ve gone over the syllabus, you’ll know what topics you need to prepare for. To understand what types of questions will be asked in the exam, you must first understand the GSET Exam Pattern. Once you comprehend this, you will have a clear understanding of how to prepare for the entire course.
- Understand which time of day or night works best for you. Recognize your levels of concentration and gradually improve them. Know your weak areas and work on them, as well as your strong ones, so that you can use them in your planning. You must also determine which units in the syllabus require the most attention and which can be completed in a shorter amount of time. That way, you can schedule your entire chart based on the amount of time required for each topic. You’ll save a ton of time by doing so.
- You must also keep track of your progress. To do so, you must first set some objectives for yourself. Begin with small daily or weekly goals, then progress to monthly goals and ensure that you achieve them. This will keep you on track with your studies and prevent you from falling behind.
- Now that you’ve created your daily schedule, the next step is to stick to it. Try to stick to your schedule as much as possible. After completing each small task, you will be required to evaluate yourself. Examine the weekly goal and assess your progress. Don’t worry if you weren’t able to complete the goal; it’s fine. You can do it the following week. Just keep in mind to evaluate your mistakes and why you weren’t able to complete the task. Determine what that particular aspect is and work on it. In no time, you’ll be back on track. Take small steps at a time; there’s no need to hurry.
- Take as many mock tests as you can because they will help you prepare for the real exam and allow you to evaluate your preparation. Prevent learning any new material in the days leading up to the exam. This will only add to your confusion about the subject, resulting in an incorrect response.
- This point is particularly important in light of the current state of chaos. Don’t put yourself under any additional strain. Your productivity will suffer as a result. Relax your mind as much as possible.
- Take an hour of your time and do whatever makes you feel light and relaxed: listen to music, watch anything motivational or light-hearted, spend time with your family, talk with your friends. This can assist you in getting off the ledge. A good night’s sleep is also important for concentration. Maintain a regular sleeping schedule to ensure that your mind functions properly.
GSET 2022: Book Recommendations
Exam preparation is greatly aided by GSET books. The following are some of the books that candidates can use to study for the GSET exam:
|Book Name||Author’s Name|
|Schaum’s Outline of Human Anatomy and Physiology||Van De Graaff Kent M.|
|Developmental Biology||Scott. F. Gilbert|
|Books for Chemical Sciences||Authors|
|A Logical Approach in Chemistry for CSIR/NET/JRF and GATE (Problems and their Solutions)||Jagdamba Singh, Ashutosh Singh, Jaya Singh|
|Molecular Quantum Mechanics||Peter W Atkins, Ronald S Friedman|
|Books for 2022 Physical Sciences||Authors|
|Modern Physics and Solid State Physics (Problems & Solutions)||S O Pillai|
|CSIR-UGC NET (JRF & LS) Physical Science||W Malemnganba Chenglei|
|Books for Mathematical Sciences||Authors|
|Complex Variables and Applications (Brown and Churchill)||Ruel Churchill, James Brown|
|CSIR-UGC NET/JRF/SET Mathematical Sciences||Alok Kumar (Upkar)|
|Books for Earth, Ocean, Atmospheric & Planetary Sciences||Authors|
|Physical Geography||Savindra Singh|
|An Objective Earth Sciences||S Ahmad|
GSET Admit Card 2022
GSET Admit Cards are available for download on the internet. You will not receive a GSET 2022 Roll No. in the mail or via email. To obtain your admit card, you must use the online option. As you may be aware, all candidates taking part in GSET 2022 must have an admit card/hall ticket.
Because the GSET admit card is such an important document, all applicants must obtain one before taking the exam.
- Step 1: Visit the official website via the link provided in the highlights.
- Step 2: Enter your login information, including your registration number and password or DOB.
- Step 3: From the drop-down menu, choose the login option.
- Step 4: Obtain a copy of the candidate’s GSET admit card.
- Step 5: Keep it for later reference.
GSET Answer Key 2022
A preliminary answer key will be posted on the official website after the exam. Candidates can use the answer key to compare their answers to determine their likely score. Candidates can go over their answers and contest the conducting body if they think any of the questions were incorrectly marked in the answer key. The question is answered before an expert panel, who will evaluate the response and make a decision.
Previous Years’ Cut Off Marks
All applicants should review the previous two years’ cut-off marks for the competitions they want to attempt. The previous year’s cutoff marks are used to establish the marking scale for following years.
Gujarat SET Cut Off Marks 2019
Gujarat SET Cut Off Marks 2018
GSET Result 2022
Briefly after the GSET answer key is released, the GSET result is made public. It will be posted on the official website of the recruitment body. Candidates must keep the online application form with them after the GSET results are announced. It will be useful during the recruiting process.
Steps to Check GSET Exam Result 2022
The procedure for checking the GSET exam result (2022) is as follows:
- Go to GSET’s official website.
- On the main page, click the link for the most recent notification.
- Now, select the relevant result link for the applicable post.
- For the post’s selection process, click the link labelled “shortlisted candidates.”
In the first phase, candidates can expect to earn anywhere from INR 41,000 to INR 45,000 per month, depending on their total score, skills, and colleges.
The GSET is a test that determines whether or not a candidate is qualified to teach as an assistant professor. Candidates interested in becoming professors can apply. It’s a state-level government position, so it’s a safe bet. By gaining experience, you can become a professor, and your salary will rise as you advance.
After passing the GSET Exam, an Assistant Professor’s salary in Gujarat ranges from 41000 to 45000 per month.
Yes, according to the GSET official notification, to be eligible for the exam, a candidate must have a Master’s Degree recognized by the U.G.C. in a GSET subject.
No, the GSET exam is only for Assistant Professor positions, not for JRF positions.
In the Gujarat SET exam 2022, there is no negative marking. The GSET exam is divided into two sections, each of which contains 50 and 100 questions.
Gujarat State Eligibility Test, or GSET Exam, is held once a year. From the time the notification is issued until the e-certificates are issued.