GSSSB Head Clerk: The clerk recruitment exam has been postponed indefinitely by the Gujarat government. The date was set for February 13, 2022. Since 2019, the exam has been canceled three times. The exam had received over 6 lakh applications. There are approximately 3500 clerk and office assistant vacancies. Administrative issues were cited as the reason for the cancellation.
On February 5, 2021, the Gujarat State Service Selection Board issued an official notification for the GSSSB recruitment 2021 for the position of Head Clerk.
The Board announced 157 openings for Head Clerk (Class 3) positions. The Board will, however, conduct the recruitment process once more in March 2022. The GSSSB made the decision in light of the question paper leak on December 12, 2022. Once the GSSSB Head Clerk Admit Card is released, applicants will be able to download it from the GSSSB’s official website. A written exam, a computer proficiency test, and a computer practical test are all part of the hiring process.
|Name of Examination||GSSSB Head Clerk 2022|
|Name of posts||Head Clerk (Class 3)|
|Total number of vacant posts||157|
|GSSSB Official Website||gsssb.gujarat.gov.in|
|Selection Process||Written Exam, Computer Proficiency Test, Computer Practical Test|
GSSSB Head Clerk Notification 2022
The official notification was released by the Gujarat State Service Selection Board on February 5, 2021, and the application deadline was March 1, 2022. The official notification contains a detailed list of vacancies as well as all of the necessary steps for a candidate to take. Candidates can download the notification from the GSSSB’s official website.
GSSSB Head Clerk Exam Dates 2022
The official announcement was made on February 5, 2021, and the application deadline was March 1, 2022. The dates for the GSSSB Head Clerk Recruitment exam are listed below in the table:
|Name of Organization||Gujarat Secondary Service Selection Board|
|Official Website||GSSSB Official Website|
|Post Name||Head Clerk|
|Exam Conducting Body||GSSSB|
|Selection Process||Written Exam, Computer Proficiency Test, and Computer Practical Test|
|Notification Release||05th February 2021|
|Application Start||05th February 2021|
|Late Date to Apply||1st March 2021|
|Admit Card||11th March 2022|
|Exam Date||20th March 2022|
|Result||19th April 2022|
|Qualification||Graduates Government Jobs|
GSSSB Head Clerk Vacancy 2022
The Board has revealed that there will be a total of 157 openings for Head Clerk (Class 3) positions. Aspirants can check the detailed vacancy through various posts wherein the recruitment process is conducted after the GSSSB Head Clerk Recruitment 2022 advertisement has been made available online on the official website. The specifics are described in the following:
|Name of the Post||Number of Vacancies|
|Head Clerk Class 3||157|
GSSSB Head Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2022
For the GSSSB Head Clerk Recruitment 2022, eligible candidates can apply online. Candidates who want to take part in the recruitment process should make sure they are eligible before registering. The following are the requirements for candidates interested in applying for the GSSSB Head Clerk Recruitment 2022.
Age Requirements for GSSSB Head Clerks:
- Applicants applying for the position must be under the age of 35.
- As of the last date of application, the above-mentioned age must be met.
- Certain candidates will be given age relaxation in accordance with government regulations.
Educational Qualification Criteria for GSSSB Head Clerk:
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized board/university in any discipline.
Nationality Criteria for GSSSB Head Clerks:
- Applicants must be Indian citizens in order to be considered for the position.
GSSSB Head Clerk Application Form 2022
According to the notification that was distributed by the GSSSB, candidates who are interested in taking part in the GSSSB Head Clerk Recruitment 2022 will first need to submit an online application for the position. The GSSSB website will be the avenue through which the recruitment board will accept online applications. Detailed instructions on how to register and apply online for the same are provided below for your convenience.
- You can use your web browser to navigate to the OJAS Gujarat’s official website, or you can click on the direct link that we have provided below.
- In order for applicants to move forward with the application process, they will first need to register on the OJAS website. To register for the event, select the Registration Tab from the submenu.
- Candidates will be able to log in and complete the online application form after they have successfully registered and obtained the necessary credentials.
- To submit an application online, select the “Online Application Tab” from the pull-down menu that can be found on the homepage of the website.
- In the new window, select the GSSSB option from the drop-down menu that is located under the heading “Select Advertisement by Department.” Click “OK” to continue.
- After completing this step, an online application form will be presented to you. Complete the blanks with the appropriate information.
- Additionally, you must upload all of the necessary scanned documents while adhering to the website’s requirements regarding file format and size.
- Make the required payments for the online application, then hit the “Submit” button.
- Get a printout of the completed application to keep as a record for future reference.
GSSSB Head Clerk Application Fee 2022
The fee can be paid online with a credit or debit card or through net banking. Candidates must pay their fees only through the internet. Candidates who fall into certain categories, however, are exempt from paying the fee. The application fees for the various categories are listed in the table below.
|EWS/SC/ST/SEBC/Ex-Serviceman||No application fees apply.|
|JKSSB Patwari||SSC||UP Lekhpal|
|JKSSB Accounts Assistant||JKSSB Forest Guard||Delhi Forest Guard|
GSSSB Head Clerk Admit Card 2022
A call letter for the position in question will be sent to each and every eligible candidate who completes the registration process for the recruitment process successfully. During the brief time period before the scheduled exam, the admission tickets will be made available to candidates. Admit cards for the GSSSB Head Clerk Recruitment 2022 will be made available for candidates to download from the official website of the GSSSB.
The candidates will be guided through the process of downloading the GSSSB Head Clerk Recruitment 2022 Admit Card using the step that is given below.
- Go to the official site of the GSSSB, which can be found at gsssb.gujarat.gov.in in your web browser.
- To send a call letter, follow the link that says “Call Letter.”
- To begin, select the Preliminary Exam from the list of available options.
- When the new window titled “Select Job” pops up, select the “Head Clerk” option from the drop-down menu.
- On the new window, you will need to enter the appropriate credentials, such as your Confirmation Number and Date of Birth.
- In the end, select the option to “Print Call Letter.”
GSSSB Head Clerk Exam Pattern 2022
The GSSSB Head Clerk 2022 Recruitment Process consists of Three Phases: the Written Examination, the Computer Proficiency Test, and the Computer Practical Test. As part of the preparation, applicants are required to familiarize themselves with the comprehensive exam format. The GSSSB Head Clerk Exam is comprised of several phases, each of which has its own unique exam pattern, which can be found in the tables that follow.
|Subjects||Maximum Marks||Total Duration|
|Gujarati Grammar & Literature||50||120 Minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude & Reasoning||30|
Computer Proficiency Test
|Stages in the Test||Total Duration||Marks Awarded|
|Gujarati Typing Test||1 Hour 30 Minutes||30 Marks|
|English Typing Test||20 Marks|
|Computer Practical test with reference to the basic knowledge of computer applications as prescribed in (PART –III)||50 Marks|
Computer Practical Test
|Preparing a note in a word file||10 Marks|
|Preparing an Excel spreadsheet and answering an arithmetic problem||15 Marks|
|Preparing a PowerPoint slide for presentation based on data provided||15 Marks|
|E-mails(with attachments)||10 Marks|
GSSSB Head Clerk Syllabus 2022
|GSSSB Head Clerk Recruitment 2022 Syllabus|
|General Knowledge of Computer|
|History of Gujarat|
|Test of Reasoning|
|Gujarati Literature and Grammar|
|Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning|
|Geography and Culture|
|Constitution of India|
GSSSB Head Clerk Preparation Books 2022
|Name of the Book||Name of Author/Publication|
|Gujarati Sahitya Descriptive And Oneliner book||Sanjay Paghdal|
|S.P. Bakshi||S.P. Bakshi|
|Practice Workbook of GSSSB Clerk Recruitment Exam||Kiran|
|Samanya Vigyan (Gujarati)||Ajay Patel – Sanjay Paghdal|
Answer Key 2022
After taking the Head Clerk Recruitment 2022 exam, candidates can check the selection board’s Answer Key. The answer key will be made available on the official websites of the GSSSB and/or OJAS Gujarat. Candidates will be able to forecast their expected score. If there are any issues with the answer key, applicants will be able to express their dissatisfaction online, and the GSSSB will release a final answer key, which will be used to evaluate the final result.
Candidates can get a rough idea of their results by looking at the official GSSSB Head Clerk Recruitment 2022 Answer Key, but the final results after the Computer Proficiency Test will be published on the GSSSB website. The shortlisted candidates’ merit list will be made public. Aspirants can check their results by following the steps outlined below.
- Visit the GSSSB’s official website.
- Look for the “Exam” tab. Select it by clicking on it.
- Click the link that says “Know the Exam Results.”
- As once result link for the Head Clerk position is open, click the Download button.
- A merit list of the chosen candidates will be displayed. Use your exam roll number to look up your name.
The cutoff marks for the Head Clerk Recruitment 2022 are an estimate of the target score that a candidate needs to score higher than or equal to in order to pass the examination. The GSSSB posts the qualifying score requirement for the examinations on the main page of its website. The factors that influence the cutoff level change from year to year depending on the number of applicants and the individual scores of high performers. Along with the announcement of the results of the GSSSB Head Clerk Recruitment 2022, the cutoffs will also be made public.
GSSSB Head Clerk Salary 2022
Candidates who are able to pass through all of the stages of the Head Clerk Recruitment 2022 and emerge victorious will ultimately be considered for appointment to the position of Head Clerk. After being chosen, each successful applicant can anticipate receiving a monthly salary of approximately 31,340 Indian Rupees (INR). In addition to receiving a salary, candidates may also be eligible for a number of allowances and benefits, such as medical, general facility, and so on. In addition, they will be eligible for benefits such as earned leaves, social insurance, TDB and PDB, and pensions.
- Read the course material for the written exam as well as the test to determine your computer proficiency in great detail.
- Now is the time to look over the exam pattern to determine the relative weight of each subject’s marks.
- The prospective candidates need to place a strong emphasis on their general knowledge of Gujarat.
- Aspirants can familiarize themselves with the exam format by working through the previous year’s papers for the GSSSB Head Clerk position.
- Because the candidates’ performance on the Computer Proficiency Test and the practical test is what will ultimately determine their status, it is imperative that they prepare for both of these examinations in accordance with the given syllabus and pattern.
A written examination, a computer proficiency test, and a computer practical test are all part of the GSSSB Head Clerk Recruitment 2022 process.
Candidates are required to apply online by submitting an application via the OJAS portal in order to be considered.
Only candidates who fall into the unreserved category will be required to pay an application fee of INR 115/-.
Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized board/university in any discipline.
The GSSSB Head Clerk Call Letter 2022 will be made available a few days before the exam, which is scheduled to take place in March 2022.