HP Police Recruitment 2022: The Himachal Pradesh Police Department is about to begin the hiring process for a variety of positions. This will allow the applicants to work for the general public, and it is a source of great pride for the applicants. Various police stations in various districts across the state of HP will be used for posting. All recruitment activities will be monitored by the Himachal Pradesh Police Recruitment Board. Every year, the authority conducts statewide exams for various police positions in Himachal Pradesh.
- Both online and off-line applications are accepted for Himachal Pradesh Police examinations. As a result, a growing number of applicants from Himachal Pradesh’s rural areas are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have completed at least secondary school education to be considered. This criterion is different for each post.
- Applicants can apply for a variety of positions, including male and female constables, Sub Inspectors, ASIs, Warders, Constable Drivers, Junior Assistants, Lower Division Assistants, Upper Division Assistants cum Accountants, to name a few.
- Written examinations, personality tests, and medical examinations are used to screen applicants.
Himachal Pradesh Police Constable 2022 Exam Overview
|Name of Exam||Himachal Pradesh Police|
|Exam dates||To be notified soon|
|Post||Sub-Inspector, Constable, Constable Driver and others|
|Total Test Marks||100 for Sub Inspector exam 80 for Constable exam|
|Exam Frequency||Once in a year or as vacancies may arise|
|Registration method||Online and off-line|
|Eligibility Criteria||Varies; Minimum Class 10 pass|
|Conducting Authority||Himachal Pradesh Police Recruitment Board|
|Location of Job||Anywhere across the state of Himachal Pradesh|
Himachal Pradesh Police Constable 2022 Important Dates
|Activated Application link||TBA|
|Final date to apply||TBA|
|Admit card release for Written Test||TBA|
|Written Test Date||TBA|
|Declaration of Result||TBA|
Due to the uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, these dates are tentative and subject to change. Aspirants should keep an eye on the official website for any new information.
Himachal Pradesh Police 2022 Application Process
Himachal Pradesh Police recruitment applications will be accepted both online and offline. Applicants can choose between the two options, whichever is more convenient for them.
- Applicants must go to the Himachal Pradesh Police website to apply in the offline mode.
- On the home page, look at the Notice Board section.
- Open the link that contains information about the job opening.
- Download the application form that will be accompanied by the advertisement.
- Print a copy of the form and complete it completely.
- With the form, include a passport-size photograph and any other necessary documents.
- The form, along with any attachments, must be mailed (speed post) to the authority’s address.
- Applicants must go to the Himachal Pradesh Police Department’s official website.
- Go to the section that says “Notice Board.”
- A link to the recruitment will be available; click on it.
- To apply online, click the ‘Apply Online’ button.
- Complete the form with all necessary information.
- Upload a scanned image of your passport photo as well as your signature.
- Application fees must be paid.
- Verify all of the information you’ve entered and, if you’re sure, click ‘Submit.’
- Print a copy of the completed form for future use.
Required Documents to Upload
Applicants must upload scanned images of their passport-size photograph and signature in order to apply online. The same is true for off-line submission; however, a passport-sized photograph must be attached to the form, and signatures must be manually provided. Aside from these, applicants may be required to submit some documents with their off-line application, such as:
- Birth Certificate
- Education certificates
- Caste certificate, etc.
The authority will specify any such requirements in the advertisement itself.
|Sub Inspector||360 INR||120 INR|
|Constable / Constable Drivers||140 INR||35 INR|
- Net banking, credit cards, and other payment gateways will be accepted online.
- Ex-servicemen who apply for any position are exempt from paying the application fee.
|UP Police||West Bengal Police||Rajasthan Police SI|
|Mizoram Police||Sikkim Police||IB ACIO|
Himachal Pradesh Police Constable 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Nationality: Applicants must be Indian citizens to apply.
The minimum educational requirement for Himachal Pradesh Police varies depending on the position.
|Posts||Minimum Educational qualification|
|Sub Inspector||Has completed graduation from a recognised university after passing the 10+2 level.|
|Constable||Passed Class 10 and received an Engineering diploma from a recognised university/Board.|
|Constable Driver||Passed a recognised Board’s Class 12 examination.|
Academic qualifications for other positions will also be listed in the official announcement.
Applicants applying for the positions of Constable or Sub Inspector in the HP Police Department must meet the minimum physical requirements listed below.
|Category||Height||Chest (for males only)|
|General||5’6”||5’2”||31” * 32”|
|SC/ST||5’4”||5’0”||29” * 30”|
|OBC||5’6”||5’2”||31” * 32”|
|Gorkhas||5’4”||5’0”||29” * 30”|
|Distinguished Sportsman (General & OBC)||5’6”||5’2”||31” * 32”|
|Distinguished Sportsman (SC/ST & Gorkhas)||5’4”||5’0”||29” * 30”|
|Home Guards (General & OBC)||5’6”||5’2”||31” * 32”|
|Home Guards (SC/ST & Gorkhas)||5’4”||5’0”||29” * 30”|
The minimum age requirement is 18 years old, with some exceptions for reserved category applicants. The age limit varies depending on the position being applied for.
|Posts Name||Category||Minimum Age||Upper Age limit|
|Constable||General||18 years||23 years|
|SC / ST||25 years|
|Distinguished Sportsman (all categories)||25 years|
|Home Guard (all categories)||20 years||28 years|
|Sub Inspector/ASI/Inspector||All categories||18 years||45 years|
Himachal Pradesh Police 2022 Exam Pattern
If applying for the positions of Constable and Sub Inspector in the HP Police, applicants must take a written test. Shortlisted aspirants will be called for a personality test and other tests based on the requirements of the respective positions after passing the test.
During the Written Exam,
- The questions will be objective in nature.
- The question paper will be bilingual, with questions written in both English and Hindi.
- The written test for Constable and SI positions will last 90 minutes, with no sectional time limit.
- There will be a total of 100 questions asked.
HP Police Constable Exam
The questions will be based on the following topics:
|Sections||Subjects||Total Number of Questions||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|I||General Awareness||100||80||90 minutes|
|II||Mathematics & Science|
HP Police Sub Inspector Exam
The following is the question pattern for the Sub Inspector exam:
|Sections||Subjects||Total Number of Questions||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|I||General Awareness||20||20||90 minutes|
|IV||Mathematics & Science||20||20|
Himachal Pradesh Police 2022 Selection Process
Selection procedures differ from one job to the next. We have attempted to provide a brief overview of the most common tests administered by Himachal Pradesh Police for the majority of positions.
Physical Standard Test: Applicants will be asked to take this test to ensure that they meet the minimum physical requirements for the position, as stated earlier in this article under the Eligibility heading.
Written Test: If they are eligible, candidates for the positions of Sub Inspector, Constable, Constable Driver, stenographer, Lower Division Assistant, and others will take this test.
Physical Efficiency Test (PET): For this test, they will have to run for a set amount of time, jump high, long, and wide.
|Gender||Race||High Jump||Broad Jump||Long jump (3 attempts)|
|Male||1500 mtrs||6 minutes 30 seconds||Minimum 1.25 mtrs||Minimum 3 mtrs||Minimum 1.25 mtrs|
|Female||800 mtrs||4 minutes 15 seconds||Minimum 1 mtrs||–||Minimum 1 mtrs|
Document Verification: Selected applicants will be called for a document verification test. They will need to bring the following documents with them:
- Birth certificate
- School level certificates, mark sheets
- Graduation, PG, Degree or Diploma certificates
- Caste certificate
- Sports certificate
- Proof of experience as Home Guard (if applicable)
- NCC certificates and those of medals won
- 2 Passport size photographs
Personality Test: This is a 15 marks test that will be used to assess applicants’ suitability for the position.
Medical Exam: Applicants are evaluated on their physical fitness and capability to ensure that they are capable of handling the responsibilities that the position requires.
Himachal Pradesh Police 2022 Syllabus
The following is a subject-by-subject curriculum for all of the subjects in the Written Test. For more information, please visit the official website.
- Logical Reasoning: Number and alphabetical series, clocks and calendars, blood relations, number ranking, arithmetical reasoning, mirror images, cubes and dice, coding–decoding, syllogisms, analogies, direction sense, etc.
- Mathematics & Science: General Science, Number System, HCF & LCM, Profit & Loss, Time and Work, Time and Distance, Simple and Compound Interest, Ratio and Proportions, Problems on Ages, Average, Percentage, Mixture and Allegations, Data Interpretation.
- Hindi: Synonyms and antonyms, phrases, grammar, error detection, translation, vocabulary, comprehension.
- General Awareness: Indian and World History, Geography –World, India and with special reference to Himachal Pradesh, Indian National Movement, Polity and Economy, Current Affairs, Science and Technology.
- English: Sentence re-arrangement, comprehension from unseen passages, error correction, general grammar, vocabulary, etc.
Himachal Pradesh Police 2022 Admit Card
The hall ticket or call letter will be accessible on the Himachal Pradesh Police’s official website. At least a month before the exam, applicants will be able to download their admit cards. They should keep an eye on the website for any updates on the situation.
How to Download an Admit Card?
- Visit the official website for more information.
- Select the Admit Card link from the drop-down menu.
- Fill in the required login information and click Submit.
- Admit cards will be displayed, which you can download and print.
- For future reference, save a soft copy of the HP Police Hall Ticket.
HP Police Salary for Various Posts
|Posts||Grade Pay||Basic Pay|
|Constable||Rs. 1900||Rs. 5910 – Rs. 20220|
|Constable Driver||Rs. 1900||Rs. 5910 – Rs. 20220|
|Sub Inspector||Rs. 4600||Rs. 10300 – Rs. 34800|
They also receive additional benefits such as housing, insurance coverage, medical insurance, free travel on state-run buses, a pension after retirement, and other allowances as determined by the government.
Himachal Pradesh Police Constable 2022 Cut-off & Result
After the exams are completed, the cut-off marks for HP Police 2022 Exam will be the first thing to be uploaded. If an applicant meets the cut-off marks, he or she will be considered for final selection for the position for which they applied. The following factors are taken into account when determining the cut-off marks:
- Number of candidates appearing for the exam
- Previous year cut-off
- Difficulty level of the paper
- Total number of vacancies
- Caste category
The written test results are announced, and applicants are notified of their exam scores.
The purpose of this list is to determine which applicants are eligible for further procedures based on their performance in the Written Test. Applicants’ achievement in subsequent rounds is taken into account when compiling the final merit list.
HP Police Career Prospects
Applicants get promotional opportunities after joining the Himachal Pradesh Police as a Constable or ASI/Sub Inspector after a certain period of time, for example,
- Constables can apply for a competitive B-I Test and be promoted to Head Constable after 5 years of service.
- After 5 years of service, Head Constables can be promoted to ASI.
- After serving for 5 years as an ASI (if directly recruited) or 4 years after being promoted to ASI from Head Constable, ASIs can be promoted to Sub Inspector.
- When SIs have served for 5 years, they are eligible for promotion to Inspector.
All of these promotions are given based on merit and seniority. Vacancies for positions are also a significant factor.
Vacancy in Himachal Pradesh Police Constable 2022
On the official advertisement for various posts in Himachal Pradesh Police 2022-23, the total number of vacancies and their distribution among reserved and unreserved categories, as well as district wise, will be stated. The Himachal Pradesh Police Recruitment Board will make the decision.
For the 2019-20 recruitment cycle, the HP Police has announced 1063 vacancies for the position of Constable. For the 2018-19 exam, there were 33 vacancies reported for the position of Sub Inspector.
HP Police FAQ’s
The results will be published on the HP police website. Candidates can access their results by logging in with their Registration ID/ User ID and Password.
Physical Efficiency Test
Tests that will be conducted for HP Police Constable exam are;
Appointment and Probation
Physical Standards Test