HPSC Eligibility: The Haryana Public Service Commission (HPSC) is the government body in charge of conducting examinations for higher civil service recruitment in Haryana. The Haryana Civil Services Examinations are held by the Haryana Public Service Commission to recruit candidates for various state-level administrative positions. Before applying for the exam, candidates interested in joining HPSC should review the HCS exam schedule.
HPSC Highlights 2022
The key details of HPSC exam 2022 that candidates who want to take the exam should be aware of are listed below.
|Name of the body||Haryana Public Service Commission (HPSC)|
|Job Location||Across Haryana|
|Stages of the examination||Preliminary Exam, Main/ Narrative Exam, Interview Test|
|Posts / Recruitment||Group A, B, and C posts|
|Main Function||Recruit candidates to work for the Haryana government and its affiliated organisations.|
|Language of the Exams conducted||English and Hindi|
|Examination level||State-level Exam|
HPSC HCS Eligibility criteria
|Age||21 years to 42 years as on 01 December 2022|
|Vacancies||156 in different disciplines|
|Domicile||The candidate must be a permanent domicile of Haryana.|
|Educational Qualification||The candidates must have passed a Bachelor degree from a recognised college in any stream.|
|Job Location||Anywhere in the Haryana|
The citizenship status, age limit, minimum educational qualifications, and reservation criteria are all covered by the HCS Eligibility criteria. Before applying for the HPSC HCS Exam, aspirants must check the following conditions:
Eligibility Criteria for Haryana Civil Services in 2022: Age Limit
Candidates applying for the Haryana Civil Services examination must meet the Haryana Civil Services Eligibility criteria, which the commission has set for various categories. Candidates who belong to the reserved categories are also eligible for age relaxation:
- An unreserved candidate’s age limit should be between 21 and 42 years old.
- The age of the candidate applying for the DSP position, however, must be between 21 and 27 years old.
|Backward Classes.||5 years|
|Widowed or legally divorced women provided she has not remarried.||5 years|
|Wives of military personnel who are disabled while in military service.||5 years|
|Schedules Castes / Scheduled Tribes||5 years|
|Women who have been judicially separated and have lived separately for more than two years from the date used to calculate age for candidates in other categories.||5 years|
|Unmarried women.||5 years|
According to the official notification, there are several categories of female candidates for whom a 45-year age limit is permissible. If a woman remarries, however, she will no longer be eligible for the above-mentioned exemption. The following are the categories that will benefit from this relaxation:
- women who have had their husbands remarry;
- Women who have been legally divorced or separated from their husbands;
- Women who are entitled to maintenance from their husbands as a result of civil or criminal court orders;
- Women who have been abandoned by their husbands and have been living apart from them for more than two years as a result.
- These women must submit an application and an affidavit, both of which must be countersigned by two responsible individuals, such as members of the Legislature, local bodies such as Panchayats, and the Bar Association.
- Widows of service members killed in action and wives of those who became disabled while serving their country.
|Category||Age relaxation||Maximum Upper Age Limit|
|Unreserved/ General Category||–||42 years|
|Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe of Haryana Only.||5 years||47 years|
|Physically Handicapped of Haryana (of SC/ST)||15 years||55 years|
|Unmarried Females candidates of Haryana only||3 years||45 years|
|Backward Class A (BC-A) and, Backward Class B (BC-B) of Haryana only||5 years||47 years|
|Physically Handicapped of Haryana||10 years||50 years|
DSP HPSC Age Limit (Deputy Superintendent of Police)
The age requirements for the position of DSP are slightly different. Candidates applying for DSP must be 21 years old as of January 1st of the year in which the exam will be given. The candidate must be under the age of 27. (for General category). The upper age limit is relaxed for reserved candidates, as shown in the table above.
HCS Educational Qualification
Graduation-A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree from a government-approved university or professional institution, or an equivalent qualification.
Candidates in their final year of graduation, however, are also eligible to apply for the HCS Exam if their last year’s score sheet is available before the exam’s closing date. A date must appear on the degree certificate/mark sheet prior to the HCS exam application deadline.
Furthermore, specific educational qualifications for various exams vary from department to department, depending on the area of their work.
- Senior Manager (Legal) – Graduate (2nd Division), LL.B Professional (2nd Division)
- Manager (Electrical)- 1st Class B.E./ B.Tech in Electrical Engineering,
- Senior Manager (Purchase and Assumption) – MBA (Personnel) or equivalent degree
- Junior System Analyst/Programmer- 1st division in B.E./B.Tech in Computer Science or Information Technology or Masters in Computer Application
- Management Trainee (Finance)- MBA (Fin.)/ equivalent i.e. MFC/CA/ICWA
- Senior Manager (Accounts)- Candidate should have worked as CA or with ICWA for at least 6 years to have the relevant experience
Additional Requirement– In some cases, a minimum number of years of experience is also required. Candidates must submit their experience certificates in accordance with the specimen specified in the HPCS advertisements on the official website.
Eligibility Criteria for Haryana Civil Services in 2022: Domicile
Only candidates with a permanent Haryana address will be eligible for the reservation. Only Haryana residents will be given age relaxation and all other reservation benefits applicable to the aforementioned post, according to the HPSC HCS Eligibility notification. Non-domicile candidates will be treated as general candidates regardless of whether they are in the reserved category.
Eligibility Criteria for Haryana Civil Services in 2022: Physical Efficiency
Only for the position of DSP is physical efficiency introduced. Because the position requires physical fitness, the candidate must be physically fit. As a result, candidates who are serious about the DSP positions should try to meet the following criteria:
|Category||Min. Chest||Min. Height||Chest with Expansion|
|Male||33″ (83.82 cm)||5’7” (170.18 cm)||34.5″ (87.63 cm)|
|Female||Not Applicable||5’2” (157.50 cm)||Not Applicable|
Eligibility Criteria for Haryana Civil Services in 2022: Maximum Attempts
For any candidate, the HPSC has not set a maximum number of attempts. Only those candidates who meet the commission’s age limit are deemed to meet all Haryana Civil Services Eligibility requirements for the Haryana Civil Services examination.
Important Points in HPSC Eligibility Criteria
Aside from the HPSC HCS Eligibility 2022 and relaxations mentioned above, there are a few things that a candidate should remember when filling out the application form:
- If the candidate falls into the sports category, he will be given all of the appropriate accommodations. To be eligible for the sports quota, however, the candidate must submit a Sports Gradation certificate from the Haryana government.
- Candidates must ensure that they are well-versed in the Haryana Civil Services Syllabus and exam pattern once they have met all of the eligibility criteria.
- If a female candidate is married, she must submit only the certificates related to the category from her paternal side when applying for the exam.
HPSC Eligibility: FAQs
Candidates who pass the HPSC Main cutoff advance to the next stage of the exam. This round, also known as viva-voce/personality test, is worth 75 points.
The official website of the HPSC, http://hpsc.gov.in/en-us/, has previous year’s question papers for all of the exams.