The Indian Audit and Accounts Service (IAAS) is a government of India Group A civil service. The IAAS is a federal government service that is overseen by the Comptroller and Auditor General of India and is not subject to executive control. The IAAS’ principal responsibilities include auditing and maintaining the accounts of the Union and State governments, as well as public sector organisations. The Institute of Auditing and Assurance Services (IA&AS) is in charge of auditing and managing the accounts of the Union and State governments, as well as public sector organisations. Its role is similar to that of the US GAO and the National Audit Office (United Kingdom).
The Indian Audit and Accounts Service (IAAS) Exam is held by the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India to recruit Auditors and Accountants for the Indian Audit and Accounts Department’s field offices. Before registering for the IAAS Recruitment 2022 Exam, candidates should review the eligibility requirements. Candidates must also be familiar with the IAAS Exam’s exam style, syllabus, and preparation methodologies.
IAAS Recruitment Notification 2022
On February 2, 2022, the UPSC (IAAS) notification 2022 was announced. It contains vital information such as eligibility requirements, job openings, a syllabus, crucial dates, and other specifics. The Prelims are set to take place on June 5, 2022.
IAAS Recruitment 2022 Overview
|Name of the Exam||Indian Audit and Accounts Service (IAAS)|
|Organising Body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Frequency of the Exam||Once a year|
|Application Mode||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Job Category||Central Government of India|
IAAS Recruitment 2022 Exam Dates
|Official Notification Release Date||February 02, 2022|
|Commencement of Online Application Process||February 02, 2022|
|Last Date to Submit the Online Application Process||February 22, 2022|
|Admit Card Issue (Preliminary Examination)||May 2022|
|Civil Service Preliminary Examination Date||June 05, 2022|
|IAAS Main Examination||September 16, 2022, to September 25, 2022|
IAAS Eligibility Criteria 2022
Candidates must meet the Indian Audit and Accounts Service’s eligibility requirements (IAAS). There are three parts to the eligibility criteria:
The following are the age requirements for taking the IAAS Exam:
- Candidates taking the IAAS Exam in the General Category must be at least 21 years old and no more than 30 years old.
- For SC/ST applicants, the upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years.
- For OBC candidates, the upper age limit has been relaxed by three years.
- For a candidate from the state of Jammu and Kashmir, the upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years.
- Defence Service Personnel’s upper age limit is being relaxed by 5 years.
- Ex-servicemen, including Commissioned officers and ECOs/SSCOs, who have completed at least 5 years of military service and have been released, will have their upper age restriction relaxed by 5 years.
- For ECOs/SSCOs who have completed a 5-year first period of military service, the upper age limit has been relaxed by 5 years.
- The upper age limit for blind, deaf-mute and orthopedically handicapped people has been relaxed by ten years.
To be eligible for the IAAS Exam, you must meet one of the educational qualification standards listed below. The following are the requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree from one of the accredited universities is required of the candidate.
- Candidates who have taken the qualifying examination and are awaiting results, as well as those who have not yet taken the qualifying examination, are eligible to take the Preliminary Exam. Along with the application for the Main Examination, such candidates must provide documentation of passing the aforementioned examination.
- Candidates having government-recognized professional and technical qualifications, or their equivalents, are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have finished their final year of MBBS or any other medical examination but have not yet completed their internship can also take the Main Exam. They must, however, present proof of passing the final professional medical examination from the relevant university.
Candidates must meet at least one of the following requirements:
- A Citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal
- A subject of Bhutan
- A candidate is a Tibetan refugee who arrived in India before January 1, 1962, and desires to stay in India permanently.
- Candidates with Indian ancestry came to India from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, or the East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, or Vietnam, with the intention of settling permanently in India.
IAAS Recruitment Application Form 2022
Only after confirming the qualifying conditions should candidates apply for the exam. Candidates can fill out the application form for the IAAS Recruitment Exam by following the instructions below.
- Visit the UPSC’s official website.
- Look for a notification stating that a new registration has been made. Select it by clicking on it.
- Fill in all required information in the registration form, such as your name, father’s name, date of birth, phone number, and email address.
- Then press the Submit button.
- Take note of the registration ID and password generated by the system.
- On the official website of the IAAS Exam, log in with your registration ID and password.
- Fill out the application form completely, including educational details, exam centre preferences, and so on.
- Candidates must now submit scanned images of their signatures as well as a passport-sized photos.
- Examine the application form and make any necessary changes.
- Submit the application after paying the application cost.
IAAS Exam Application Fees 2022
- The IAAS Preliminary Exam has an application fee of INR 100. (for the General Category).
- The IAAS Main Exam application fee is INR 200. (for the General Category).
|RPF SI||RPF Constable||RITES Recruitment|
|RRB Recruitment||RRB ALP||RRB NTPC|
IAAS Recruitment Admit Card 2022
At least four weeks before the IAAS Exam, the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will provide the Admit Card. The Admit Card for the IAAS Exam can be downloaded from UPSC’s official website by registered applicants. The following are the steps to obtain the admission card:
- Visit the UPSC’s official website.
- Download the e-Summon Link for Civil Services (Preliminary/ Main) Examination 2022 by clicking on “e-Summon Letters.”
- Fill in the roll number and birthdate.
- On the screen, the IAAS 2022 admit card will appear.
- Download and keep a hard copy of the call letter for future reference.
IAAS Recruitment Exam Pattern 2022
The IAAS Exam is divided into two parts: prelims and mains. To prepare well for the exam, aspirants should have a thorough understanding of the Exam Patterns. Here, candidates can learn about the IAS Exam Pattern.
IAAS Exam Pattern For Prelims
|Paper||Marks||Time Duration||Language Option|
|Paper – 1||200 Marks||120 minutes||Hindi/ English|
|Paper – 2||200 Marks||120 minutes||Hindi/ English|
IAAS Exam Pattern For Mains
|Paper A||Optional Language Subject||300 Marks|
|Paper B||English||300 Marks|
|Paper To be Counted For Merit (Ranking)|
|Paper 1||Essay||250 Marks|
|Paper 2||General Studies 1||250 Marks|
|Paper 3||General Studies 2||250 Marks|
|Paper 4||General Studies 3||250 Marks|
|Paper 5||General Studies 4||250 Marks|
|Paper 6||Optional Subject Paper – 1||250 Marks|
|Paper 7||Optional Subject Paper – 2||250 Marks|
|Subject Total (Written Test)||1750 Marks|
|Personality Test||275 Marks|
|Grand Total||2025 Marks|
IAAS Recruitment Syllabus 2022
Candidates who intend to take the IAAS Exam 2022 should familiarise themselves with the syllabus for both tests in advance.
IAAS Syllabus For Prelims
The course outline is provided below.
- Important national and worldwide events are currently taking place.
- India’s history and the Indian National Movement
- Geography of India and the World-Physical, Social, and Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, and Other Aspects of Indian Politics and Governance
- Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, and Other Aspects of Economic and Social Development
- Environmental ecology, biodiversity, and climate change are examples of general topics that do not require subject specialisation.
- Science in general
- Comprehension Communication is one of the interpersonal skills.
- Ability to reason logically and analyse situations.
- Problem-solving and decision-making.
- Mental aptitude in general.
- Numeracy basics (numbers and their relationships, orders of magnitude, and so on) (Class X level).
- Class X level data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc.).
IAAS Mains Syllabus
The following is the syllabus:
|Business Mathematics & Statistics (Paper D)||
|Auditing (Paper E)||
|Macro Economics (Paper A1)||
|Indian Finance System (Paper A2)||
|Economics Principles and Indian Economic Problems (Paper A3)||
|Business Regulatory Framework (Paper B1)||
|Cost and Management Accounting (Paper B2)||
|Advance Accountancy (Paper B3)||
|Business Management (Paper C1)||
|Direct and Indirect Taxation (Paper C2)||
|Information Technology and Application in Business (Paper C3)||
IAAS Selection Process 2022
The recruitment process for the Indian Audit and Accounts Service is divided into three stages:
- Phase 1: IAAS Preliminary Exam.
- Phase 2: IAAS Main Exam.
- Phase 3: After selecting candidates based on IAAS Exam results, the recruitment body conducts an interview.
IAAS Answer Key 2022
The IAAS Exam Answer Key contains all of the answers to the examination’s questions. It will be available on their official website, which is listed at the bottom of this page. It will be released about a month after the examination is completed. Once the official notification is released, we will update this area. Candidates can object to the incorrect answers to the questions after the answer key is released. After the formal announcement is released, the details will be updated.
IAAS Result 2022
The result of the Indian Audit and Accounts Service Recruitment Exam is released shortly after the publication of the answer key for the Indian Audit and Accounts Service Recruitment Exam. It will be available on the recruitment body’s official website. The results for the Preliminary Exam and the Main Exam will be released separately. As a result, the merit will be determined.
IAAS Cut-Off 2022
To pass the IAAS Exam, candidates must get the minimum cut-off score. The cut-off list is established on a category-by-category basis. Once the official notification is released, we will update this area. Candidates can see the cut-off list from the year 2019 until then.
|Category||IAAS Prelims Cut-off||IAAS Mains Cut-off||IAAS Final Cut-off|
IAAS Salary Structure 2022
The salary structure of the IAAS Jobs is given below.
|Designation||Pay Scale (Rs.)||Grade|
|Assistant Director||8000-275-13500||Junior Time Scale|
|Deputy Director||10000-325-15200||Senior Time Scale|
|Director||12300-375-16500||Junior Administrative Grade|
|Director||14300-400-18300||NFSG of Junior Administrative Grade|
|Principal Director||18400-500-22400||Senior Administrative Grade|
|Additional Deputy CAG||24050-650-26000||–|
|Deputy CAG (6 posts)||26000 (fixed)||–|
IAAS Recruitment FAQs
The IAAS Prelims Exam has a time limit of 120 minutes (2 hours). Candidates who are disabled may be given additional time.
For the General Category, the age limit in the IAAS Exam qualifying criteria is a minimum of 21 years and a maximum of 30 years.
The IAAS Prelims Exam has a total score of 200 points.