The IAF Group C recruitment exam is held by the Indian Air Force (IAF) to fill various positions in the Air Force headquarters and independent units. This year, the Indian Air Force issued a recruitment notice for a total of 282 vacancies in various positions.
The IAF Group C recruitment process for 2022 will be announced soon. The Mess Staff, Lower Divisional Clerk, MTS, Housekeeping Staff, Hindi Typist, Store Keeper, Carpenter, Cook, Painter, and Civilian Mechanic Transport Driver are among the positions that will be filled.
Here are all the details about the Indian Air Force Group C Recruitment 2022, including the application process, available positions, important dates, syllabus, and exam pattern.
Indian Air Force Group C Recruitment Overview 2022
The highlights of Group C recruitment in the IAF are provided below for interested candidates.
|Specific Aspects||Important Details|
|Recruitment Examination||Indian Air Force Group C Recruitment|
|Recruiting Authority||Indian Air Force|
|Vacancies Available||197 Expected Vacancies|
|Last Date to Apply||September 2022 (Tentative)|
|Selection Mode||Written Exam|
Eligibility for Indian Air Force Group C Recruitment 2022
Before applying for the Indian Air Force Group C recruitment 2022, candidates should check the notification for the required educational qualifications and eligibility criteria.
Eligibility for Age Requirement
The age requirements for IAF Group C recruitment in 2022 are listed below. The upper and lower age limits for different categories can be found here.
|Category Name||Age Criteria|
|General / EWS||18 to 25 Years|
|OBC||18 to 28 Years (3 Years Relaxation in Upper Age Limit)|
|SC / ST / PwD||18 to 35 Years (10 Years Relaxation in Upper Age Limit)|
Candidates applying for the IAF Group C Recruitment 2022 must ensure that they meet the educational requirements for the position. The educational requirements for the IAF Group C vacancies are listed below by post.
|Post Name||Educational Qualifications|
|MTS/ Housekeeping Staff/ Mess Staff/ Laundryman/ Ayah/ Ward Sahayika/ Vulcaniser||10th Pass or Equivalent|
|Lower Division Clerk (LDC)||12th Pass or Equivalent + 30 WPM Manual Typing Speed on Typewriter or 35 WPM English Typing Speed on Computer|
|CMTD (OG)||10th Pass or Equivalent + Light & Heavy Motor Vehicle Driving Licence + 1 Year of Driving Experience|
|Cook (Ordinary Grade)||10th Pass with Certificate or Diploma in Catering + Experience in the Trade|
|Clerk Hindi Typist||12th Pass or Equivalent + 30 WPM Manual Hindi Typing Speed on Typewriter or 35 WPM Hindi Typing Speed on Computer|
|Store Keeper||12th Pass or Equivalent.|
|Painter||10th Pass or Equivalent + ITI in Appropriate Trade i.e. Painter OR Ex-Servicemen from Appropriate Trade viz. Painter.|
|Stenographer Grade-II||12th Pass or Equivalent Dictation – 10 minutes @ 80 WPM Transcription 50 Minutes English on the Computer)|
|Carpenter||10th Pass or Equivalent + ITI in Appropriate Trade i.e. Carpenter OR Ex-Servicemen from Appropriate Trade viz. Carpenter Rigger.|
|Store (Superintendent)||Graduate in Any Discipline|
|Fireman||10th Pass or Equivalent + Training in Fire Fighting|
The Syllabus for IAF Group C Recruitment 2022
General Awareness, Numerical Aptitude, General Intelligence and Reasoning, and General English are the four main sections of the IAF Group C exam paper. Below is a category-wise syllabus for the IAF Group C Exam.
|Names of Subjects||Names of the Topics|
|General Awareness Topics||Developmental Plans|
Social Reform Movements
Education and Culture
Political and Administrative Setup
|Numerical Aptitude Topics||Discount|
Decimals and Fractions
Time and Distance
Profit and Loss
Computation of Whole Numbers
Ratio and Time
Fundamental arithmetical operations
Use of Tables and Graphs
The relationship between Numbers
Ratio and Proportion
Time and Work
|Reasoning Topics||Blood Relations|
Clocks & Calendars
Cubes and Dice
|General English Topics||Grammar|
One word substitutions
Shuffling of sentence parts
Fill in the Blanks
Idioms & Phrases
Indian Air Force Group C Vacancy 2022
The IAF Group C vacancies for 2022 have yet to be announced. According to the IAF’s previous notification, a total of 197 vacancies in various positions at various Air Force HQs and units were filled. The table below contains all of the information about the available positions.
|Sl No||Name of the Station or Unit||Total Vacancies Available|
|1||HQ Maintenance Command||153|
|2||HQ Eastern Air Command||32|
|3||HQ South Western Air Command||11|
IAF Group C Recruitment 2022 Application Process
Candidates interested in participating in the recruitment process for the aforementioned positions must send their applications to the specified postal address. The application process is outlined below.
- Step 1: Visit the official website and print the application form.
- Step 2: Fill in all the details required in the application form.
- Step 3: Paste your latest passport-size photograph.
- Step 4: Attach all the required important documents along with the application form.
- Step 5: Candidates must then submit the application form through speed post, registered post, or courier to the respective air force station.
- Step 6: Candidates are advised to keep a copy of the application form for future reference.
|Assam Police Constable||UP Police Constable||AP Police Constable|
|MP Police Constable||IAF Airmen||Haryana Police Constable|
IAF Group C Recruitment Examination Schedule 2022
The table below contains tentative dates for the Indian Air Force Group C Recruitment 2022. The notification is expected to be published in the employment news in August 2022, and candidates must submit their offline applications within 30 days of the advertisement’s publication.
|Key Event||Tentative Schedule|
|Release of Notification||August 2022|
|Starting Date of Application||August 2022|
|Last Date of Application||September 2022|
|IAF Group C Exam 2022||Yet to be Released|
IAF Group C Recruitment: Process of Selection 2022
- All applications are checked for age restrictions, minimum qualifications, documents, and certifications. Following that, eligible candidates will receive a written test call letter.
- Candidates who meet the requirements will be required to take a written exam.
- The written examination will be based on the minimum educational requirements.
- I General Intelligence & Reasoning (ii) Numerical Aptitude (iii) General English (iv) General awareness will be included in the written exam.
- There will be English and Hindi question and answer papers.
- On the basis of merit/category in the written test, a sufficient number of candidates will be shortlisted and invited to participate in skill/practical/physical tests.
- Original certificates, copies of which were annexed with the application, must be presented by shortlisted candidates.
IAF Group C Salary: 2022
The following is the salary structure for IAF Group C recruitment as stated in the Indian Air Force Group C notification. Along with their monthly salary, candidates will be eligible for a variety of perks and benefits.
INR 18, 000
INR 19, 900
IAF Group C Exam 2022: Preparation Plan
- Candidates can improve their general awareness scores by referring to GK and Current Affairs for daily updates.
- To improve your English vocabulary and fluency, read as many books as possible. This will aid the candidate’s performance in the descriptive test as well as in group discussions.
- To determine the level of preparation required, take the free Indian Air Force Group C test.
- Candidates who are called for the document verification round should gather all attested copies and original documents and place them in a waterproof folder.
IAF GROUP C: Important Book Recommendations
The following are some expert-recommended books to help you prepare for IAF Group C recruitment. Candidates will have easy access to these books.
|Book Name||Section||Name of the Publisher||Name of the Author||Description of the Book|
|Indian Air Force C Group Recruitment Exam Complete Guide||Overall||Shri Krishan||Ram Singh Yadav & Yajuvendra Yadav||This book covers the entire syllabus for the Group C recruitment exam for the Indian Air Force.|
|Quick learning Objective General English||English||S Chand’s||RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal||This book explains the rules of grammar with simple examples.|
|NCERT IX & X Books(History, Civics, Geography)||General Awareness||NCERT||—-||Candidates will benefit from NCERT books in the general awareness section.|
|A New Approach to REASONING Verbal & Non-Verbal||Reasoning Ability||Arihant||B.S. Sijwali & Indu Sijwali||This book is a great help at verbal and non verbal reasoning concepts.|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations Paperback||Quantitative Aptitude||S Chand||RS Aggarwal||This book was written with the goal of excelling in the quantitative aptitude section of competitive exams.|
IAF Group C Admit Card 2022
One of the most important steps in the recruitment process is downloading the admit card. The release of the admit card will be notified via the registered contact information. Follow the steps below to obtain your admit card:
- Step 1: Visit the link given on the official website of the Indian Air Force to download the admit card.
- Step 2: Log in with your Registration Number/Roll Number, Password/DOB, and enter the captcha image carefully.
- Step 3: Download and print your Indian Airforce Group C hall ticket.
IAF Group C Answer Key 2022
Within 2-3 weeks of the examination, the authorities should release the IAF Group C recruitment written exam answer key. Candidates can use the answer key to estimate their scores and gage their chances of being selected.
IAF Group C Results 2022
Candidates can download the Indian Air Force Group C Result 2022 for the written examination by following the steps outlined below.
- Step 1: Click on the link available on the official website of IAF
- Step 2: Log in with your credentials.
- Step 3: A list of selected candidates will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 4: Press Ctrl+F, and find your name.
- Step 5: Print for future reference