IBPS PO Books: The official notification for IBPS PO recruitment will be released soon by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. Candidates who intend to take the IBPS PO 2022 examination must have begun their preparations. It is essential for candidates to be aware of the best books to use for preparation.
Candidates must have a thorough understanding of the topics covered in the IBPS PO 2022 exam, which include English language, reasoning, quantitative aptitude, general awareness, and computer aptitude.
Choosing the best books and study materials for each subject will be extremely beneficial for IBPS PO preparation. As a result, aspirants will be able to gain knowledge of all sections and topics covered in the IBPS PO Syllabus. Check out the following content to learn more about the best books for the IBPS PO exam subject-wise.
IBPS PO Preparation Books
Below the list of books are complied for IBPS PO 2022 that candidates can use to prepare for the prelims and mains examination subject-wise.
English Language IBPS PO Textbooks
Both the Prelims and Mains exams have this section. Check the table below for IBPS PO English Language books:
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis||Penguin|
|English Grammar & Composition||Wren and Martin||S. Chand|
|Descriptive General English||S P Bakshi and Richa Sharma||Arihant|
|Objective English for Competitive Examinations||Hari Mohan Prasad, Uma Rani Sinha||Mcgraw Hill Education|
|Objective General English||R.S Aggarwal, Vikas Aggarwal||S. Chand|
|Practise Papers||Kiran Prakashan||Kiran Prakashan|
Wren and Martin’s English Grammar Book
This book covers all aspects of English Grammar for IBPS PO exam preparation in detail and explains several topics in a simple manner.
SP Bakshi’s English Grammar Book
- All IBPS PO exam candidates will benefit from this book because it covers all important aspects of English grammar.
- The aspirants will be capable of enriching the comprehensive study of grammar.
- Candidates will have the opportunity to practise questions across all topics as well as solve examples.
- This book covers a wide range of topics, including subject identification, sentence formatting, predicate, voice change, parts of speech, and narration, among others.
- Candidates will learn how to write essays, letters, autobiographies, testimonials, and much more from this book.
Norman Lewis’s Word Power Made Simple Book
- This book teaches students how to improve their vocabulary skills and how to use them in sentences, as well as how to pronounce words correctly.
- The book outlines a step-by-step process for improving one’s English language skills.
- Once the aspirants have finished this book, they will be able to easily spot any spelling or pronunciation errors.
Kiran Prakashan’s Practice Papers
- Kiran Prakashan’s Practice Papers will assist you in finishing your English Language section preparation before taking the IBPS PO exam 2021-22.
- Aspirants can answer chapter-by-chapter questions with explanations.
- Candidates can also answer questions from previous years.
Quantitative Aptitude Books for IBPS PO
This section is also common to both the IBPS PO Preliminary and Mains exams. To learn more about the best books for Quantitative Aptitude Preparation, read the following content:
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams||R.S. Aggarwal||S. Chand|
|Quantitative Aptitude Test||N.K Singh||Upkar Prakashan|
|Arithmetic for General Competitions||Neetu Singh||K.D. Publication|
|Guide to Quantitative Aptitude||Dinesh Khattar||Pearson|
|Data Interpretation||Arun Sharma||Mcgraw Hill Education|
|Data Interpretation||K. Kundan||BSC Publication|
|Objective Mathematics for Competitive Exams||Tarun Goyal||Arihant|
Competitive Ability in Competitive Exams by R.S. Agarwal
- This book contains a large number of questions as well as understandable solutions for practise. The primary goal of this book is to clarify the candidates’ understanding of arithmetical concepts such as simplifications, number systems, surds and indices, bar graphs, and so on.
Neetu Singh’s Arithmetic for General Competition Book
Aspirants will have the opportunity to build the basic concept of the Arithmetic section through a simple and formative approach as well as by practising quality questions:
This book gives insight of the following Arithmetic topics:
- Distance and time
- Simple Interest
- Cisterns and Pipes
- Ratios and Proportions
- Wages and work
IBPS PO Reasoning Ability Books
Both the Prelims and Mains exams have a section on reasoning ability. The following are the best books for the IBPS PO Reasoning Ability section:
|A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning||BS Sijwali||S. Chand|
|A New Approach to Reasoning||B S Sijwali||Arihant|
|Analytical Reasoning||M.K.Pandey||BSC Publishing|
|Logical Reasoning||K Kundan||BSC Publishing|
|Bank PO/ MT Examination Practice Workbook||Experts Compilation||Arihant|
R S Agarwal’s Modern Approach to Verbal Reasoning
- This book will assist IBPS PO exam candidates in understanding the Reasoning Ability questions with ease.
- This book teaches candidates how to improve their reasoning abilities using a modern approach and can serve as a benchmark for the section.
B S Sijwali’s A New Approach to Verbal and Nonverbal Reasoning
- Analytical Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning, and Non-Verbal Reasoning are the three sub-sections of the revised version of this book.
- The Analytical section addresses current issues such as syllogism, cause and effect, and so on.
- The questions on Mentally Imaginative, such as figuring out patterns to complete figures, are highlighted in the Non-Verbal section. Check out the IBPS PO exam pattern as well.
- The Verbal section addresses perplexing issues such as analogy, puzzles, coding, and so on.
M K Pandey’s Analytical Reasoning
- This book is beneficial in improving the candidates’ reasoning and logical skills.
- This book, in particular, assists aspirants in staying current with the basic ethics and requirements of the IBPS PO exam.
- This book is useful for practising the sections below:
- Strengthening and Weakening Arguments
- Data Sufficiency
- Coded Relationships
IBPS PO Computer Aptitude Books
The Computer Aptitude Test will be taken by those who have been shortlisted for the Mains exam. The following are some of the best books for studying for the Computer Aptitude section:
|Objective Computer Awareness||Somya Ranjan Behera|
Rani Ahilya’s Computer Book
- This book emphasises the fundamental concepts of computer hardware and software that all beginners should understand. This book covers every aspect of IBPS PO preparation.
Somya Ranjan Behera’s Objective Computer Awareness Book
- From Introduction to Data Representation, Computer Languages (Programming Languages), and Microsoft Access to the Internet, the Objective Computer Awareness book covers both Objective and Subjective topics.
- Candidates will be able to solve chapter-by-chapter descriptions with 3500+ MCQs.
IBPS PO General Awareness Books
Candidates must read newspapers every day to stay current on current events and current affairs in order to prepare for the General Awareness section. Aside from that, here are some of the best books:
|India Year Book||Publications Division, Government of India|
|Banking Awareness||B.K Raut and S.R Behera|
|Guide to Banking General Awareness||R Gupta|
|Manorama Pandey Book||Arihant Publications|
|Manorama Yearbook 2020 ( English) Paperback||Philip Mathew|
|Banking and Economic Awareness||Rakesh Kumar|
But apart from reading the books mentioned above, candidates should improve their General Awareness by reading daily and weekly current affairs in newspapers.
- The Hindu and Indian Express are two newspapers that are good for keeping up with the latest news.
- Aspirants should pay more attention to the business and international news sections of newspapers.
Rakesh Kumar’s Banking and Economic Awareness Book
The book answers all of the general questions about the country’s banking and economic situation.
I K Pavel’s Banking, Financial, and General Awareness
This book can help candidates gain a better understanding of the banking and economic conditions in their respective areas.
IBPS PO Books for Data Interpretation and Analysis
A good score in the Data Analysis and Interpretation Section of the IBPS PO Mains exam can be obtained by preparing well for the Quantitative Aptitude section of the IBPS PO prelims exam. However, if the candidates want to solve some specific problems in Data Analysis and Interpretation, such as Pie Charts and Bar Graphs, the following books will be useful:
|Data Interpretation||Arun Sharma||Mc Graw Hill Education|
|Data Interpretation||K. Kundan||BSC Publication|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation Data Sufficiency||Kiran Prakashan||Kiran Prakashan|
Essay and Letter Writing are part of the IBPS PO Exam Mains Descriptive Test. As a result, qualified candidates should spend more time practising this section and reading more newspapers, general communication, writing, general communication in reading books, and English.
Preparation Tips For IBPS PO Exam 2022
- To understand subtopics and marking schemes, familiarise yourself with the syllabus and exam pattern.
- Select and solve previous year’s question papers.
- Planning is extremely important. As a result, set aside time to go over the entire syllabus and concentrate on the most important topics.
- Mock Tests are the most effective way to gauge your progress in terms of preparation. It aids in understanding the strong and weak points.
- Make your own strategy that is effective for you. An objective assessment of your performance can assist you in determining the best strategy.
- Candidates should have a thorough understanding of the syllabus in order to prepare for the IBPS PO exam 2022.
- Focus on your weak spot.
- Master time management.
- Begin with the fundamental concept.
Frequently Asked Questions
Candidates should select books that are simple to comprehend and cover the entire curriculum.
To improve your knowledge of seating arrangements, try solving puzzles.
The IBPS PO Mains exam is of 225 marks.
If aspirants stick to the strategy, six months of preparation should be enough to pass the IBPS PO exam in one go.