IBPS PO Eligibility 2022: For candidates interested in the IBPS PO Recruitment, the detailed notification will be released. Before taking the exam, candidates must understand the eligibility criteria that have been set for them. Candidates’ nationality, age limit, and educational qualifications are among the eligibility criteria. IBPS PO recruitment 2022 is only open to those who meet the eligibility requirements. Candidates who do not meet the eligibility requirements will be disqualified.
Read this article for detailed information on IBPS PO eligibility criteria 2022 based on previous year’s drive to see if you meet the requirements.
Highlights of IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria 2022
According to the IBPS PO recruitment exam’s official notification, the following are the highlights of bank exam eligibility:
|Fullform||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection|
|Age Limit||20-30 years|
|Qualification of Education||Graduation (Minimum)|
Eligibility Criteria for IBPS PO 2022
Educational qualification, age limit, nationality, and other criteria are among the IBPS PO eligibility criteria. All requirements must be met by each candidate, or they will be disqualified from the selection process.
Age Limit for IBPS PO
For the IBPS PO exam, IBPS established a lower and upper age limit of 20 and 30 years, respectively. Candidates in reservation categories, on the other hand, receive an age reduction. It should be noted that the candidate must have been born on or before August 1, 2001, and on or after August 02, 1991.
Age Relaxation in IBPS PO
Candidates in the reserved category are given age reservations by IBPS. The following are the key points for age relaxation by category:
|Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes – Non-Creamy Layer||3 years|
|Persons With Disabilities||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers, including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs) and Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs). These candidates must have served in the military for at least 5 years and been released after the assignment was completed (including those whose assignment is due within a year)||5 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
Points to Consider
- The upper age limit relaxation for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates is granted on a cumulative basis, with only one of the remaining categories receiving age relaxation.
- If the ST candidates have a physical disability, the upper age limit will be relaxed by a maximum of 15 years.
- Candidates belonging to the General and Economically Weaker Section Category have no upper age limit relaxation.
- Candidates seeking age relaxation must produce supporting documents in original and photocopies as required by the IBPS/ Participating Organization at any stage of the recruitment process.
- If an Ex-serviceman joins a Government job on the civil side after taking advantage of the benefits provided to him as an Ex-serviceman for re-employment, his Ex-servicemen status for government recruitment ends.
- Ex-servicemen have no preference in the Officers’ Cadre.
Nationality Criteria For IBPS PO
Candidates must meet the following requirements to be considered:
- Indian national or
- Nepalese Subject or
- Bhutanese Subject or
- A Tibetan refugee who arrived in India before January 1, 1962 with the intention of settling permanently in India or
- A person of Indian origin who has permanently settled in India from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam.
Educational Criteria for IBPS PO 2022
The minimum bank PO qualification required to apply for the IBPS PO vacancies is a graduation or equivalent degree in any discipline from a recognised university. The following are some key points to remember when applying for the IBPS PO exam in 2021:
- By August 2021, the candidate must have passed the qualifying exam.
- The date on the mark sheet/scorecard will be used to determine when the degree was received.
- At the time of the interview round, the document proving the fulfilment of the educational qualification requirement must be submitted.
- If a candidate’s result is posted on the University’s website and a web-based certificate is issued, at the time of verification, a proper original certificate (signed by the appropriate University authority) indicating the date of passing the degree will be reckoned.
- In the online application, candidates must enter their graduation percentage to the nearest two decimal places.
- Candidates with a CGPA or OGPA must convert it to a percentage and include it in their online application.
- Calculation of Percentage: The percentage is calculated by multiplying the candidate’s total marks in all subjects across all semesters/years by the aggregate maximum marks in all subjects multiplied by 100.
- It will also apply to universities where the class/grade is determined solely on the basis of honours marks.
- The percentage arrived will be ignored, so 59.99 percent will be considered less than 60 percent and 54.99 percent will be considered less than 55 percent.
Number of Attempts for IBPS PO
The number of candidates who can take the IBPS PO exam is unlimited. Candidates may take the exams as many times as they like until they meet the eligibility requirements.
Reservation Policy for IBPS PO
Candidates who fall under one of the reservation categories should review the following IBPS reservation policy for the IBPS PO recruitment process:
For EWS Category
Applicants who do not fall into the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, or Other Backward Classes categories, as well as those whose family’s gross annual income is less than INR 8 lakhs (rupees eight lakh only), are considered to be from the Economically Weaker Section (EWS). These candidates can take advantage of a 10% reservation in IBPS vacancies.
While considering themselves under the EWS category, IBPS PO applicants must keep the following points in mind:
- The annual income will include all income generated by the family in the previous financial year, including salary, agriculture, business, a specific profession, and so on. Furthermore, candidates whose families own any of the following assets (regardless of family income) will not be considered EWS:
- 5 acres or more of agricultural land
- Residential flats of 1000 square feet or more
- In notified municipalities, a residential plot of 100 square yards or more is required
- In areas other than the notified municipalities, a residential plot of 200 square yards or more is required.
- When applying the property holding test to determine EWS status, the property owned by a ‘Family’ in different locations would be combined.
- The term ‘family’ refers to the person seeking reservation, his or her parents and siblings under the age of 18, as well as his or her spouse and children under the age of 18.
- To qualify for the EWS reservation, an Income and Asset Certificate issued by a Competent Authority in the prescribed format must be presented during the document verification and interview round of the IBPS PO selection process.
For People with Disabilities (PwD) Category
Persons with benchmark disabilities are eligible for reservation under section 34 of the ‘Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016’, according to government of India guidelines. The following disabilities are eligible for reservation under this Act:
- Low vision and blindness
- Hard of hearing and deaf people
- Cerebral palsy, cured leprosy, dwarfism, acid attack victims, and muscular dystrophy are all examples of locomotor disability.
- Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability, and mental illness and other multiple disabilities including deaf-blindness.
Vacancies set aside for people with benchmark disabilities will be filled in accordance with the ‘The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016’ and vacancies reported to IBPS by participating banks.
Scribe Guidelines for People with Disabilities (PwD)
During the IBPS PO 2022 Exam, candidates with a minimum benchmark disability whose writing speed is permanently affected for any reason can use their scribe at their own expense. To use a scribe, follow these guidelines:
- Candidates will be responsible for hiring their own scribe.
- Any educational background is acceptable for the scribe.
- Both the candidate and the scribe must submit a suitable undertaking confirming that the scribe meets all of the above-mentioned scribe eligibility requirements. If it is discovered at any point during the exam that the scribe did not meet any of the eligibility criteria or suppressed material facts, the applicant’s candidature will be cancelled, regardless of the CRP result.
- For each hour of the examination, candidates who use a scribe will be eligible for compensatory time of 20 minutes or as otherwise advised.
- The candidate’s scribe must not be a candidate for the online examination under (CRP-PO/MT-IX).
- If any of the above is broken at any point during the process, the candidate’s and scribe’s CRP applications will be cancelled.
- In order to use the services of a scribe in the examination, eligible candidates must apply for it in the IBPS PO Application Form.
- Any subsequent requests will be turned down.
- Such concessions will be granted only to candidates who have registered for compensatory time. Because the compensatory time provided to candidates will be based on a system, it will be difficult for the testing agency to provide such time to candidates who have not registered.
Candidates with Cerebral Palsy and Locomotor Disability
Candidates with a minimum of 40% Locomotor Disability and Cerebral Palsy who have their dominant (writing) extremity affected to the point of slowing function performance will be given a compensatory time of twenty minutes per hour unless otherwise advised.
Visually Impaired Candidates’ Guidelines
Candidates who are visually impaired and have a 40% or greater disability may choose to view the test (question paper) in magnified font, and all such candidates will be eligible for compensatory time of 20 minutes per hour unless otherwise advised of the examination. Only Visually Impaired candidates who will not use a Scribe for the examination will be able to view the contents of the test in magnifying font.
Guidelines for Intellectually Disabled Candidates
Regardless of whether or not they use a scribe, candidates with more than 40% Intellectual Disability, Autism, Specific Learning Disability, or Mental Illness will be given a compensatory time of 20 minutes per hour of examination.
Important Points for IBPS PO Eligibility
- According to the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act of 2016, disabled people are given preference in the IBPS PO exam.
- According to the guidelines, visually impaired aspirants are permitted to use scribe.
- When the respective banks release the number of vacant positions to the institute, the number of vacancies is announced.
- Because the IBPS PO application process is conducted online, candidates are advised to upload scanned copies of all supporting documents.
To fill the IBPS PO vacancy, the IBPS has released an application form on their website. Candidates who wish to apply for IBPS PO 2022 must first review the IBPS PO eligibility criteria, which includes the age limit for the IBPS PO exam in their category. Also, carefully fill out the IBPS PO exam centre.
Bank exam eligibility is determined by a number of factors, including the candidate’s nationality, age, and educational background. Candidates seeking reservations under the SC/ ST/ OBC/ EWS/ PwD categories must also meet other eligibility requirements. Simply meeting the requirements for appointment as a Probationary Officer in a Nodal Bank does not guarantee the candidate’s selection.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, there is no requirement for a certain minimum percentage.
Yes, but before applying, make sure you meet all of the IBPS PO eligibility requirements.
No, the final exam result must be declared prior to registration.
Yes, there is no limit to how many times you can try. However, check the IBPS PO age limit before applying.
No, the lower age limit for any category is 20 years.
Yes, anyone with a bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in any discipline from a recognised central/state university is eligible to apply for IBPS PO.
Yes, candidates who are not Indian citizens must present an eligibility certificate issued by the Indian government.
The exam is conducted entirely online. To apply for IBPS PO, you must have a basic understanding of computers.