IBPS RRB Selection Process: IBPS RRB Exam is held by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection to recruit Group ‘A’ Officers (Scale I, II, and III) and Group ‘B’ Office Assistants (Multipurpose) in various Regional Rural Bank branches. IBPS selects the most qualified and suitable candidates in three stages: preliminary, main, and interview. To make it to the final merit list, candidates must qualify in each round.
Points to Remember: IBPS RRB Selection Process 2022
The IBPS RRB Prelims exam screens out candidates who are underqualified, the main paper tests candidates’ aptitude and knowledge, and the interview round assesses candidates’ communication skills and personality. To advance to the next stage, candidates must score higher than the minimum qualifying IBPS RRB Cutoff.
- For Officer Scale II and III, there is no preliminary exam, and there is no interview round for Office Assistant positions.
- Candidates for Officers Scale II and III will be chosen through a single online examination and interview.
- It is essential to complete IBPS RRB Practice Papers in order to be selected for the examination.
Selection Process for IBPS RRB 2022
For various positions, different selection procedures are followed. The IBPS RRB Selection Process for Office Assistant and Officer Scale I has three stages:
- IBPS RRB Preliminary Exam 2022
- IBPS RRB Main Exam 2022
- IBPS RRB Interview Round 2022 (Only for Officer Scale I)
The following are the stages of the IBPS RRB PO Selection Process for Officer Scale II and Officer Scale III recruitment:
- IBPS RRB Single Online Test
- IBPS RRB Personal Interview 2022
Preliminary Exam for IBPS RRB 2022
The IBPS RRB 2022 preliminary examination will be held only for the positions of Officer Scale I and Office Assistant (Multipurpose). It is held to screen out candidates who are unqualified.
- According to the post, the lBPS RRB syllabus has two sections in the prelims: reasoning and numerical ability/quantitative aptitude.
- The questions will be objective multiple choice questions.
- The candidate will have 45 minutes to complete both sections and qualify according to the IBPS cutoff in order to advance to the Main Exam 2022.
- If a candidate answers a question incorrectly, they will receive a 0.25 mark penalty.
Mains Exam for IBPS RRB 2022
For the posts of Officer Assistant (Multipurpose) and Officer Scale I, the IBPS RRB Main Examination will be held. Candidates who pass the IBPS RRB Preliminary exam with a score above the IBPS cutoff will be eligible to sit for this exam.
- Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude/Numerical Ability, English/Hindi Language, Computer Knowledge, and General Knowledge are the five sections of the main examination (as per the post applied).
- The main exam will consist of 200 multiple choice questions of total 200 marks and will last for two hours.
- Each incorrect answer will result in a 0.25 mark deduction.
- After passing the Main exam, candidates applying for the position of Office Assistant will be called for provisional allotment.
- After passing the Main exam, those who apply for Officer Scale I will be invited to an interview round.
Single Online Examination for IBPS RRB 2022
Candidates who applied for the positions of Officer Scale-II (General Banking Officer and Specialist Cadre) and Officer Scale-III will take a single online examination. The exam format is similar to that of the Officer Scale I Main Exam, but the syllabus includes additional questions from various professions.
- The Single Online Examination will be divided into sections based on the position for which the candidate has applied.
- A penalty of 0.25 marks will be marked for each incorrect answer.
- The test will be of total 200 marks, and those who pass the Single Online Test will be invited for an interview.
Interview Round for IBPS RRB 2022
Only candidates applying for Officer Scale I, II, and III positions will be interviewed.
- The interview will be organised by the Nodal Regional Rural Bank, with assistance from NABARD and IBPS, in consultation with the appropriate authority.
- Candidates who pass the main exam (Officer Scale I) or the Single Online Examination (Officer Scale II and Officer Scale III) will be invited to a 100 marks interview session.
- Candidates must achieve a minimum of 40% in the interview session (35 percent for SC/ST, OBC, and PwD candidates).
- Only after candidates have passed all stages with high merit, they will be assigned to the desired position.
- In addition, provisional assignments will be made based on the number of openings and the merit-cum preference system.
Document Verification for IBPS RRB 2022
After passing the qualifying examination, candidates will be called in for document verification. Failure to produce the documents may render the candidate ineligible for the position applied for. In addition to the IBPS RRB call letter, candidates must bring the following documents in original form as well as two self-attested copies.
- The printout of the IBPS RRB Application Form for the CWE RRBs-V examination.Proof of Date of Birth (class 10th certificate/ Municipal Corporation Birth Certificate).
- Photo identification.
- Qualifications sheet and other related graduation documents. Before September 30, 2022, the documents must be dated.
- Certificates of experience (if applicable).
- Caste certificates, issued by a competent authority in the prescribed format, must be produced.
- The authorised medical board issues a disability certificate.
- At the time of interview, an ex-serviceman candidate must present a copy of his or her service or discharge book, as well as a pension payment order and documentary proof of his or her last/current rank (substantive and acting).
- Those still serving in the military should submit a certificate from a competent authority stating that they will be discharged from the military on or before September 29, 2022.
- If a candidate works in government offices or public sector undertakings, no objection certificate is required.
- The candidate must produce the required documents for age relaxation. Candidates applying in this category must provide a domicile certificate as well as a certificate issued by a magistrate confirming the relief provided to riot victims in 1984.
Final Result or Allotment List for IBPS RRB 2022
Candidates can check the final allotment list for the post they applied for on the official website at ibps.in after the exam is completed. The list shows the roll numbers of selected candidates who have been assigned to various Regional Rural Banks by state (RRB). The registration number, marks obtained out of 100, and the allotted bank are all listed on the provisional list. The candidates were chosen based on their exam final scores. To arrive at the merit list, the marks were converted to a scale of 100. Candidates can check their IBPS RRB 2091-20 result by following the steps below:
- Visit the official website ibps.in
- Select ‘Provisional allotment’ from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the links for each post.On the screen, state-wise lists appear.
- Save the allotment list to your computer.
- Print a copy for future reference.
Provisional Allotment for IBPS RRB 2022
In each category, a provisional allotment list will be drawn up based on the number of vacant seats; however, this does not guarantee recruitment. Certain IBPS RRB eligibility criteria must be met, and the final allotment will be made on the basis of merit.
The number of vacancies will be filled on the basis of merit, and neither IBPS nor RRBs will be held liable if the vacant seats are filled. While provisional seat allocation, the Government of India’s guidelines for age relaxations, reserved categories, and other factors must be considered.
Note: If two or more candidates receive the same score, allotment will be based on the candidate’s date of birth (s).
Only reserved category merit candidates will be considered for unreserved category vacancies and will be given provisional allotment first, treating them as reserved candidates based on their preference of Regional Rural Banks. Although such a candidate will not be assigned to a reserved post, he or she will be treated as a reserved category candidate for the purpose of seat allocation.
Frequently Asked Questions
The IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 merit list is compiled using the mains and interview scores.
The following are the stages of the IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 recruitment process:
An interview is of total 100 marks. For the post of Officers Scale I, II, and III, the minimum qualifying marks required to pass the interview round are 40% for General category candidates and 35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates.
Yes, only those who pass the prelims exam will be eligible to take the IBPS RRB Mains Exam for Officers Scale I and Office Assistant positions.