Indian Coast Guard Salary: The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) is recruiting for Navik (GD), Assistant Commandant, and Yantrik positions. The official notification is published on the Indian Coast Guard’s website. In this document, officials detail the Indian Coast Guard’s basic pay, perks, and other benefits for all Navik, Yantrik, and Asst. Commandant positions. On this page, you can learn more about the Indian Coast Guard salary structure, including basic pay, perks, and dearness allowance.
- Candidates who applied for the Indian Coast Guard Recruitment should be aware of the Navik, Assistant Commandant, and Yanktrik salary structures. They will receive various allowances and perks from the Indian Coast Guard in addition to a good salary.
- The basic pay for Navik (GD) and Navik (DB) is INR 21,700/-, according to a recently released official notification (pay level-3). A Yantrik officer’s basic pay (pay level 5) in the Indian Coast Guard is INR 29,200/- plus INR 6,200/- as Dearness Allowance.
- Promotion opportunities are available up to the rank of Pradhan Adhikari/ Pradhan Sahayak Engineer, with a pay scale of INR 47600/- (Pay Level 8) plus Yantrik pay of INR 6200/- plus Dearness Allowance.
Candidates interested in applying for a position as a Navik, Yantrik, or Assistant Commandant in the Coast Guard should be aware of the salary structure, pay slip, and promotion opportunities, among other things. As a result, read on to learn everything there is to know about the Indian Coast Guard salary, pay scale, in-hand salary, benefits, job profile, and more!
Indian Coast Guard’s Annual Package
ICG officials are only hiring applicants who meet the Indian Coast Guard Eligibility Criteria for the positions of Navik, Assistant Commandant, and Yantrik. As a result, the Board has established pay for each role in the Coast Guard, which can be found in the recently released notice. Indian Coast Guard officers earn the following annual package, according to the 7th Pay Commission.
|Indian Coast Guard Post||Annual Salary (excluding allowances)|
|Assistant Commandant||INR 6,84,000|
The Indian Coast Guard’s Salary Structure
The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) Navik, Assistant Commandant, and Yantrik officers are paid according to the 7th Pay Commission’s salary structure. Below is the pay structure for Indian Coast Guard Officers.
- When it comes to the pay structure for Navik officers, applicants will start with a basic pay of INR 21,700 (Pay level-3) and no grade pay.
- Yantrik officers are paid a basic salary of INR 29,200 (Pay level 5) with a grade pay of INR 6,200.
- Candidates for Assistant Commandant will be paid a basic salary of INR 56,100 (Pay level-10).
Perks and Benefits of the Indian Coast Guard
Now that we’ve established the salary structure for all of the Indian Coast Guard’s positions, let’s look at the benefits and some other compensation that the Indian Coast Guard receives. The benefits and extra privileges accessible to Indian Coast Guard officers are listed below.
Navik (GD) :
- Accommodation provided by the Government
- Free ration
- Free medical treatment for self and family
- Loan facility
- Leave Travel Concession for self and family
- 45 days of earned leaves and 8 days of casual leaves per year
- Post-Retirement ECHS medical facilities
- PF and Gratuity on retirement
- Canteen facility
Assistant Commandant :
- PF Scheme and Gratuity on retirement
- Canteen facility
- 45 days of earned leaves and 8 days of casual leave per year
- Post-Retirement you can avail ECHS Medical facilities.
- Insurance cover of INR 75 lakhs for a premium of INR 7500 per month
- Travel concession
- Medical cover for family and self
- Loan facility
- Accommodation facilitated by the government
- Loan and Canteen facilities are available
- Free ration to family and self
- Post Retirement you will receive ECHS (Ex-servicemen Contributory Health Scheme) medical facilities
- 8 days of Casual leave and 45 days of earned leave are allowed per year
- Accommodation is given by the Government
- Travel concession is also given for family and self
- PF scheme and Gratuity on retirement
Salary of the Indian Coast Guard:
So far, we’ve only discussed the basic pay of Indian Coast Guard officers. Applicants should also be aware of the in-hand salary for each position in the Indian Coast Guard. Applicants will receive the Indian Coast Guard in-hand salary after all deductions have been made:
|Indian Coast Guard Post||In-hand Salary|
|Navik||INR 25,000 to INR 28,000 per month|
|Yantrik||INR 35,000 to INR 37,500 per month.|
|Assistant Commandant||INR 48,000 to INR 50,000 per month|
Salary Slip for the Indian Coast Guard:
After each month’s salary is credited into the account, the candidates will be given their respective salary slip as per the post. The salary slip for the Indian Coast Guard shows all deductions and allowances for the previous month’s pay. The Indian Coast Guard will send candidates salary slips for the Navik, Assistant Commandant, and Yantrik positions every month.
Probationary Period for Indian Coast Guard:
Applicants are invited for basic training at INS Chilka after the recruitment is completed, followed by sea training and professional training. Branches/trades will be assigned to them based on their performance and service requirements during their training. If a candidate’s performance is deemed unsatisfactory, they will be removed from the training programme.
Career Growth and Promotion in the Indian Coast Guard
Selected applicants would have numerous opportunities for advancement and promotions while working for the Indian Coast Guard. If a candidate’s performance is judged to be exceptional for a set period of time, they may be promoted to the following positions.
- A Navik (GD) officer can be promoted up to the rank of Pradhan Adhikari. Your salary for this position will be around INR 47,600. (Pay grade 8)
- You can advance to Director-General as an Assistant Commandant and earn INR 2,05,400 per month (Pay level 16).
- You can progress to the rank of Pradhan Sahayak Engineer if you are a Yantrik, which pays INR 47,600 per month.
Indian Coast Guard Job Profile
Being a member of the Indian Navy is a source of great pride! Although aspiring candidates should be aware of the roles and responsibilities of the position for which they are applying. So, we’ve listed all of the Indian Coast Guard officers’ roles and responsibilities here.
Candidates who are hired will be given responsibilities and duties such as:
- Protecting artificial islands, installations, offshore terminals, and other critical maritime locations.
- Keeping and assisting distressed fishermen.
- Maintaining and protecting the marine ecosystem, including marine pollution regulation.
- Assisting customs and other authorities in anti-smuggling operations.
- The Maritime Zones of India Act is being implemented with full authority.
- Taking steps to protect life and property at sea, as well as gathering scientific data
Indian Coast Guard Salary FAQs
Free rations, free medical coverage, earned and unpaid leave, and travel concessions are among the additional benefits.
During the training period, your performance will be evaluated, and if it is found to be unsatisfactory, you will be dismissed from the position.
In 2022, an Indian Coast Guard Navik will earn Rs.21700/- (Pay Level-3).