Indian Navy SSC Officer Recruitment: From February 25, 2022, an online link for Indian Navy SSC Officer applications will be available. The Indian Navy has issued a notification for Short Service Commission Officers at the Indian Naval Academy (INA) in Ezhimala, Kerala, for courses beginning in January 2023. SSC Officer Notifications are frequently issued by the Indian Navy. One of the most prestigious recruiting organizations is the Indian navy. A total of 155 positions have been advertised in executive, educational, and technical branches.
- The recruitment deadline is March 12th, 2022.
- Candidates will be called for an SSB interview after being shortlisted.
- In the following article, you will find all of the information you need about the Indian Navy SSC Officer Recruitment.
Recruitment 2022 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||Indian Navy SSC Officer Recruitment Exam|
|Number of Stages||Written Test, Personal Interview, Medical Test|
|Conducting Body||The Indian Navy|
|Exam Frequency||Once in a year|
|Mode of Test/Interview||Offline|
|Name of the Post||(SSC) Short Service Commission Officer|
|Indian Navy SSC Officer Overview|
|Recruiting Body||Indian Navy|
|Batch||Jun 2022||Jan 2023|
|Application Start Date||18th September 2021||25th February 2022|
|Number of Vacancies||181||155|
|Last Date to Apply||5th October 2021||12th March 2022|
|Result Date||To be Notified||To be Notified|
On September 21, 2021, the Indian Navy issued an official notification via online for the position of Short Service Commission Officer. The notification can be found on the Indian Navy’s official website. Candidates can access the Indian Navy SSC Officer official advertisements in PDF format by clicking here.
The official notification for the Indian Navy SSC Officer Exam 2022 includes information about the recruitment process, including the exam date, the selection process, and more.
Exam Date 2022
According to the official notification, some key dates for the Indian Navy SSC Officer Recruitment 2022 process are listed in the table below. Along with the official dates, aspirants should review the tentative dates listed in the table below.
|Events||Indian Navy SSC Officer Exam Date|
|Notification||September 21, 2021|
|Online Application Process||September 21, 2021|
|Last date to submit application||October 5, 2021|
|Due date to pay the fee||October 5, 2021|
|Admit Card||To be notified|
|Exam Date||June 2022|
|Physical Fitness Test and Medical Exam||To be notified|
|Result||To be notified|
All candidates must be aware of the number of open positions. The Indian Navy SSC Officer Exam 2022 will recruit a total of 181 candidates. The number of vacant positions is listed below by department or section.
|Name of the Post & Branch||Number of Posts|
|Executive Branch – 90 Vacancies|
|General Service (GS/X)/Hydro Cadre||45 [02 (Hydro)]|
|Air Traffic Controller (ATC)||04|
|Technical Branch – 73 Vacancies|
|SSC Engineering Branch [General Service (GS)]||27|
|SSC Engineering Branch [General Service (GS)]||34|
|Naval Architect (NA)||12|
Indian Navy SSC Officer Eligibility Criteria 2022
Candidates who meet the eligibility requirements are strictly recruited by the Indian Navy. The authorities will reject candidates who don’t even meet the eligibility requirements. The eligibility criteria are outlined in detail below.
|Age Limit||The age limit must be not less than 24 years|
|Number of Attempts||As long as candidates satisfy all the eligibility criteria|
Applicants will be allowed to appear for the interview round more than one time.
Both male and female candidates need to meet certain physical standards.
Educational Qualifications for Indian Navy SSC Officers:
Applicants for the Indian Navy SSC Officer post must have some academic qualifications in order to be considered for the interview round. The academic requirements for each position are listed below.
|Name of the Post & Branch||Academic Qualification|
|Air Traffic Controller (ATC)||BE/B.Tech degree from an institute or university recognized by AICTE with more than 60% of marks in aggregate.
Apart from that, candidates need to secure 60% of marks in aggregate in secondary and higher secondary level board exams along with at least 60% marks in English in 10th class and 10+2 level board exams.
|Naval Architect (NA)||BE/B.Tech degree with not less than 60% of marks in Mechanical / Mechanical with Automation / Electrical / Electrical & Electronics / Electronics / Micro Electronics / Post Graduate degree program in Electronics or Physics.Also, the candidate should obtain 60% of marks in aggregate in 10th class and 12th class with not less than 60% of marks in the English language paper in Secondary and Higher Secondary Level Board Exam.|
|Observer||BE/B.Tech degree with at least 60% of marks in total.
Moreover, candidates need to secure 60% of marks in aggregate in their 10th and 12th level board exam.
Candidates must possess not less than 60% of marks in English in the 10th and 10+2 level board exams.
|SSC Engineering Branch [General Service (GS)]||BE/B.Tech degree with not less than 60% of marks in various streams like Mechanical / Mechanical with Automation, Marine, Instrumentation, Production, Aeronautical, Industrial Engineering & Management, Control Engg, Aero Space, Automobiles, Metallurgy, Mechatronics, Instrumentation & Control|
|Logistics||BE/B.Tech degree with First Class or MBA with First Class or B.Sc / B.Com / B.Sc.(IT) with First class or a PG Diploma in Finance / Logistics with First Class.|
|General Service (GS/X)/Hydro Cadre||BE/B.Tech degree with not less than 60% of marks in aggregate.|
|SSC Engineering Branch [General Service (GS)]||BE/B.Tech degree with at least 60% of marks in numerous streams such as Electrical, Electronics, Telecommunication, Electronics & Communication, Power Engineering, Power Electronics|
|Pilot||BE/B.Tech degree with more than 60% of marks in aggregate.
Candidates should obtain a minimum of 60% of marks in aggregate and more than 60% of marks in English in their 10th and 12th standard.
|SSC Education||Minimum 60% of marks in aggregate in M.Sc. (Maths/Operational Research) with Physics in B.Sc. At least 60% of marks in M.Sc.Not less than 55% of marks in aggregate in MA (History)Must possess a BE / B.Tech degree with not less than 60% of marks in the stream Electronics & Communication/ Electrical & Electronics/ Electronics & Instrumentation/ Electronics & Telecommunications/ Electrical)Must hold BE / B.Tech degree with more than 60% of marks in Mechanical Engineering BE / B.Tech with more than 60% marks in Computer Science/Information Technology/Computer Technology/Information Systems/Computer Engineering.Need to secure at least 60% of marks and more than 60% of marks in English in 10th and 10+2 level board exams.|
Indian Navy SSC Officer Age Limit
Candidates who want to apply for the Indian Navy SSC Officer post and pass the selection process must be under the age limit set by the concerned authority. The age limit for each post is listed in the table below by date.
|Name of the Post & Branch||Date|
|General Service (GS/X)/Hydro Cadre||July 02, 1997- January 01, 2003|
|Naval Architect (NA)||July 02, 1997- January 01, 2003|
|Air Traffic Controller (ATC)||July 02, 1997- January 01, 2001|
|SSC Engineering Branch [General Service (GS)]||July 02, 1997- January 01, 2001|
|Pilot||July 02, 1998- January 01, 2003|
|Logistics||July 02, 1997- January 01, 2003|
|SSC Engineering Branch [General Service (GS)]||July 02, 1997- January 01, 2003|
|Observer||July 02, 1998- January 01, 2003|
|SSC Education||July 02, 1997- January 01, 2003|
How to Fill Indian Navy SSC Officer Application Form 2022?
Applicants are advised to complete the Indian Navy SSC Officer 2022 application process only through the Indian Navy’s official website. The steps for completing the application process are listed below.
Step 1: SSC Officer Registration in the Indian Navy
First and foremost, candidates must complete the registration process solely through the internet. The steps for registering are outlined below.
- Go to joinindiannavy.gov.in, the Indian Navy’s official website.
- Examine all of the site’s notifications on the home page.
- To register, click the “Register” button and fill out the registration form with all of the required information.
- Select “Submit” from the drop-down menu.
- Make a note of the registration number and password once you’ve received them.
Step 2: Fill out the SSC Officer Application Form for the Indian Navy.
Applicants must begin filling out the online application form for the Indian Navy SSC Officer Exam 2022 after completing the registration process. The steps for filling out and submitting the online application form are outlined below.
- Log in to the official website using your login credentials, which include your Registration Number and Password.
- On the online application form, fill in the details such as academic information and other information.
- After that, upload some important documents, such as a scanned recent coloured passport-size photograph and a scanned signature with the appropriate resolution.
- Take a printout of the application form and keep it safe for future reference.
Step 3: Pay the SSC Officer Application Fee in the Indian Navy
Applicants must pay the application fee only online and through the Indian Navy’s official website. Applicants must pay the application fee using one of the following payment methods: credit card, debit card, net banking, etc.
|General||INR 60 + GST|
|SC/ST/Disabled||INR 60 + GST|
Candidates must take a printout of the payment slip after completing the payment process and keep it for future reference.
|Maharashtra Police SI||Indian Navy Tradesman||CRPF Constable|
|Air Force Group X||Kolkata Police SI||MP Police SI|
Indian Navy SSC Officer Admit Card 2022
An e-admit card will be issued after the online application process is completed. Candidates must only check and download the Indian Navy SSC Officer Admit Card 2022 from the Indian Navy’s official website. Candidates can, however, receive their admit card via their registered email address. The exam date and time, as well as the exam location and other information, will be printed on the admit card.
How to obtain a copy of the Indian Navy SSC Officer Admit Card for the year 2022?
Candidates must follow the steps outlined below to obtain their admit card for the Indian Navy SSC Officer Exam 2022:
- Visit the Indian Navy’s official website.
- Select the exact link that says “Download Admit Card.”
- Enter your credentials on the login portal.
- Select “Submit” from the drop-down menu.
- On the screen, the Indian Navy SSC Officer Admit Card 2022 will appear.
- Look over the details and download it in PDF format.
- Make a copy of the document.
Visible Information on the Indian Navy SSC Admit Card
Candidates are required to check every piece of information displayed on the admit card after it is displayed. Details from the Indian Navy SSC Officer 2022 admit card are listed in the section below.
- Space of Invigilator’s signature
- Exam Day Instructions
- Candidate’s signature
- Exam Date
- Name of Candidate
- Name and Address of exam centre
- Exam time
- Application Number
Indian Navy SSC Officer Selection Process
- The candidates will be narrowed down to a shorter list based on the preferences of the entries as well as the normalized marks the candidates obtained in the degree that qualifies them.
- Applicants who will be selected will be asked to participate in an interview with the SSB.
- B.E./B.Tech: Candidates who have finished their BE/B.Tech degree or are in their final year of the program will have their marks obtained up to the fifth semester considered for SSB shortlisting.
- Candidates who have finished their MCA, MBA, MA, M.Sc., B.Sc., and B.Com degrees will have all of their semester marks considered for admission to the Non-Engineering Degree Programme. Nevertheless, pre-final year performance will be taken into consideration when shortlisting candidates for the final year.
- Candidates who are included on the final merit list are required to provide documentation that they have completed the required degree with a grade point average of at least sixty percent.
- In the event that you are appearing before the SSB for the first time for a specific type of commission, you are permitted to present your AC 3 tier rail fare.
- On the basis of the results of the SSB, separate final merit lists would be compiled for the Extended NOC and the Regular NOC. Appointments would be made based on those candidates who passed the medical exam with flying colors.
Indian Navy SSC Officer Exam Pattern 2022
Candidates must be familiar with the exam pattern before taking the Indian Navy SSC Officer Exam 2022. Exam patterns are detailed in the section below.
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Maximum number of marks||100|
|Number of Sections||4|
|Maximum number of questions||100|
|Duration of the Examination||60 minutes|
|Questions in each section||25 questions in each section.|
|Type of Questions||Objective-based|
|Name of Sections||
|Marking Scheme||1 mark each for the correct answer0.25 mark will be deducted for incorrect answer marked|
|Language of Paper||Hindi, English|
Indian Navy SSC Officer Syllabus 2022
Candidates must review the exam pattern as well as the entire syllabus before taking the Indian Navy SSC Officer Exam 2022. Section-wise topics for each subject for such Indian Navy SSC Officer Exam 2022 are listed in the table below.
Indian Navy SSC Officer Syllabus: General Science
- Electrostatics and Current Electricity
- Computer Science
- Physical World and Measurement,
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiations,
- Metals and Non-Metals,
- Magnetic Effect of Current and magnetism,
- Oscillations and Waves,
- Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power,
- Mechanics of Solids and Fluids,
- Electromagnetic Induction,
- Atomic Nucleus/ Solid and Semi-Conductor Devices,
- Nutrition and Health,
- Physiology and Human Diseases,
- The motion of System of Particles
- Heat Thermodynamics,
- and Rigid Body/Gravitation
- Principles of Communication
- Alternating Current and Electromagnetic Waves Optics,
- Organic Chemistry,
Indian Navy SSC Officer Syllabus: Mathematics
- Straight Lines Family of Straight Lines,
- Permutations and Combinations,
- Cartesian System of Rectangular Coordinates,
- Sequences and Series,
- Limits and Continuity,
- Introduction to ThreeDimensional Geometry,
- Sets and Set Theory,
- Quadratics Equations,
- Applications of Derivatives
- Probability Function,
- Definite Integrals
- Conic Section,
- Exponential and Logarithmic Series,
- Relations and Functions,
- Complex Numbers,
- Indefinite Integrals Binomial Theorem,
Indian Navy SSC Officer Syllabus: English
- Change active to passive/ passive to active voice
- Word Meanings,
- Antonyms, etc
- Verbs/Tense/Non-Finite and Punctuation
- Change direct to indirect/indirect to direct,
- Use of adjectives, and Compound prepositions,
- Determiners and Use of pronouns
- Phrasal verbs,
- Correction of sentences,
Indian Navy SSC Officer Syllabus: General Awareness
- India Heritage, History, Arts and Dance, Languages, Monuments, and Currencies
- Championships/ Winners/ Terms/ No of Players, Defence, Wars and Neighbours, Current Affairs
- Diseases and Nutrition, Award and Authors, and Eminent Personalities
- Spatial, Numerical, Reasoning & Associative Ability,
- Sequences, Spellings Unscrambling, Coding and Decoding
- Common Names, Full forms and Abbreviations, Discoveries,
- Culture and Religion, Geography: Soil, Freedom Movement, etc
Indian Navy SSC Officer Interview Tips
We’ve covered a few general interview tips that will help you appear confidently for your upcoming Indian Navy SSC Officer Recruitment interview round.
- Before the interview, review the topics of your educational qualification and be confident in your responses.
- Be sincere. Being yourself and confident about it is the simplest yet most effective way to impress the interviewer.
- Dress professionally, as this will only enhance your abilities, and arrive at the interview location a few minutes early.
- From their official website, learn about the Indian navy, its goals, and accomplishments, as well as its history and current position. Also, if they’re in the news right now for some reason, try to figure out why.
Navy SSC Officer Answer Key 2022
The official answer key for the Indian Navy SSC Officer Exam 2022 will be released after the exam is completed. The answer key will be available on the Indian Navy’s official website. The Indian Navy SSC Officer Answer Key 2022 is available for candidates to check and download.
The provisional answer key can be challenged by candidates. The concerned authority will release the final answer key after raising an objection to the interim answer key. All of the answers, as well as the code, will be included in the answer key.
How to Examine the Indian Navy SSC Officer Answer Keys for the Year 2022?
Candidates must go through a process to check the official answer key. The steps to check and download the official answer key for the Indian Navy SSC Officer Exam 2022 are provided in the section below.
- Visit the Indian Navy’s official website.
- Click the relevant link on the site’s homepage.
- Go to the exam portal and select “Download Answer Key” from the drop-down menu.
- Examine all of the answers on the answer key.
- In PDF format, download the Indian Navy SSC Officer Exam Answer Key 2022.
- Submit an objection to the answer key via the portal.
The concerned authority will release the Indian Navy SSC Officer Result 2022 after the completion of the Indian Navy SSC Officer Exam 2022. Candidates must obtain a minimum percentage of marks to pass the exam. Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview and a second round.
What is the procedure for checking the Indian Navy SSC Officer Result 2022?
Candidates must follow the steps outlined below to check their results.
- Visit the Indian Navy’s official website.
- The Indian Navy SSC Officer Result 2022 can be found by clicking on the appropriate link.
- Check all the details and download it in PDF format after the result is revealed.
- Make a copy of it and keep it with you.
Cutoff Marks 2022
All candidates can check the Indian Navy SSC Officer 2022 cut-off score only on the Indian Navy’s official website. To qualify for the exam and the next round of the Indian Navy SSC Officer Recruitment 2022 process, candidates must achieve a minimum percentage of marks.
Cutoff marks for Indian Navy SSC Officers are influenced by a number of factors.
Candidates must achieve a cut-off score in order to be considered for the interview round. The Indian Navy’s recruitment board determines the minimum percentage of marks as cut-off based on a variety of factors. The factors are listed in the section below.
- Performance of candidates
- The total number of applicants who appeared in the exam
- The difficulty level of the paper
- Number of vacant posts
- Category of applicants
Indian Navy SSC Officer Probation Period.
SSC officers in the Indian Navy serve for two years on probation in all branches and cadres. The probation period begins on the date that the rank of Sub Lieutenant/Ag Lieutenant is granted and ends two years later, or when the initial training is completed (whichever is later). Officers are subject to discharge during their probationary period if they perform poorly at any point.
Indian Navy SSC Officer Tenure of Commission
Candidates selected for SSC Officer positions in the Indian Navy will be given a 10-year short service commission, which can be extended by up to four years in two terms (02 years + 02 years), depending on service requirements, and performance, medical eligibility, and candidate willingness.
To apply for the Indian Navy SSC Officer Recruitment 2022 process, you must have a Commercial Pilot License. Candidates must hold a current DGCA CPL (Commercial Pilot License) (India).
A total of 155 positions have been made available for recruitment.
Yes, both male and female applicants for the Indian Navy SSC Officer Recruitment 2021 process are advised to adhere to the minimum physical standards. No applicants will be shortlisted for the final round unless they meet the minimum eligibility criteria.
The Board has not yet released admit cards. Candidates will be notified via email once the files are available for download.