JK SET is an acronym of the Jammu and Kashmir State Eligibility Test. JK SET is a state-level eligibility test to check and certify the eligibility of candidates for the recruitment as an Assistant Profesor in degree colleges and to get a good stipend for Ph.d. program in state universities. So those candidates of Jammu and Kashmir who want to become an Assistant Professor can apply for this test.
After the year 2012, the University of Kashmir conducts the JKSET only once in a year. The application for JKSET will be accepted in online mode only. There will be a total of three papers in this exam, namely Paper 1, Paper 2, and Paper 3. In order to qualify for this exam, candidates have to score well in all the papers.
Scroll down this page and read all information such as notification, important dates, the application process, exam pattern, etc. carefully.
JK SET 2022 Notification
The notification for this exam will be released soon in online mode by the officials of the University of Kashmir. Students are advised to visit the official website of JK SET to get all the latest updates and details about the JKSET. We will also notify here to you about the notification once it will release officially.
JK SET 2022 Overview
|Name of Examination||Jammu Kashmir State Eligibility Test|
|Popularly Known As||JK SET|
|Conducting Authority||University of Kashmir|
|Frequency||Once in Year|
|Exam Purpose||To ensure and certify the eligibility of candidates to be recruited as Assitant Professors|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Question Type||MCQs (Multiple Choice Question)|
|No. of Papers||3|
|Application Fee||Rs. 1000/-|
|Total Marks||350 (after combining all the 3 papers)|
|Official Website||JK SET 2022|
|Helpline Number||0194-2272170, 2420405, 2420570, 2420078|
JK SET 2021 Important dates
All the list of important events and dates are tabulated below. Candidates are requested to check out the dates properly.
|Online Registration starts from||December 2021|
|Registration ends on||December 2021|
|Last date to submit application fee||December 2021|
|Admit Card releasing date||March 2022|
|Exam date||March 2022|
|Declaration date of result||April 2022|
Note- All the dates mentioned above are tentative and may change depending on the situation. So candidates are advised to visit the official website regularly for being up-to-date with all the information.
JK SET 2022 Application Process
Before filling the application form some points to be kept in mind, which are as follow-
- The submission of the application form will be completed in online mode as no other mode will be accepted.
- For successful submission of application, form candidates have to pay the required application fee as per their category. Not paying the application fee will lead to non-acceptance of the application form.
- You have to fill in all the details correctly.
- Before filling the application form you must have a passport size photograph in the prescribed format and necessary documents such as an Aadhar card, Marksheets, etc.
How to fill the Application form?
Here we have provided a step-by-step procedure to fill the application form, candidates only have to follow the following steps.
- Go to the Official Website and find the link for Online Registration and Application form.
- Click on the link and firstly complete the registration process.
- After the successful registration further move to fill the online application form.
- Provide all the necessary details such as name, address, contact details, educational details, etc.
- After that upload a scanned copy of a recent passport size photograph and signature.
- Submit the application form along with the application fee.
- The application fee will be filled in online mode via Net banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card.
- After the successful submission of the application form, take the printout of the application form and fee receipt for future references.
|RBA (Residents of Backward Area)/ ALC (Resident of Area Adjoining to Actual Line of Control )||INR 800|
JK SET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants from any state can apply for JK SET.
- All the candidates who have acquired a Master’s degree or pursuing with a minimum of 55% marks for general category candidates (and 50% marks for reserved category candidates, without rounding off) from a recognized university, can apply for JK SET.
- Candidates appearing in the Masters can also apply for this exam.
- Candidates who have completed their PG and appearing in a Ph.D. program will get a relaxation of 5% marks. (i.e. minimum requirement is 50% marks ).
There are no upper age limit criteria needed for this exam.
Note: Those candidates who have already qualified NET/SLET/UGC/CSIR JRF will be exempted from the JK SET exam.
JK SET 2022 Exam Pattern
The examination pattern of JK SET has been discussed below.
- The medium of Examination: English
- No. of Papers: 3(Paper I, Paper-II, Paper-III)
- Mode of Exam: Offline
- Type of Questions: MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions)
- Total Marks: 350 Marks
- Total Questions: 185
- Marking Scheme:
- 2 marks will be given for each correct answer.
- No negative marking will be there.
Distribution of Marks
|Paper||Number of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|Paper-I||60||100||1 Hour 15 minutes|
|Paper-II||50||100||1 Hour 15 minutes|
|Paper-III||75||150||2 Hour 30 Minutes|
- In Paper I, 50 questions to be attempted out of 60 questions.
- In Paper-II, all the questions are compulsory.
- In Paper-III, all the questions are compulsory.
JK SET 2022 Exam Syllabus
The examination of JK SET conducts for 37 different subjects. Candidates have to choose one of the 37 subjects on behalf of a selection of the subject in Post Graduation. For detailed information about the syllabus of each paper visit the official website of the University of Kashmir.
The list of all the 37 subjects for JK SET is tabulated below.
- Mathematical Science
- Chemical Sciences
- Physical Science
- Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian
- Computer Science & Application
- Electronic Science
- Environmental Sciences
- Home Science
- Earth, Ocean, & Planetary Sciences
- Life Science
- Library & Information
- Mass Communication & Journalism
- Arab Culture & Islamic Studies
- Political Science
- Physical Education
- Social Work
- Electronic Science
JK SET 2022 Admit Card
Candidates will able to download the admit card prior to one to two weeks to the examination. Candidates have to download the admit card by visiting the official website in online mode. No hard copy of the admit card will be sent to your doorsteps via post. After downloading the admit card read all the details carefully mention on the admit card such as exam center, time of examination, roll no., and also read the instructions carefully to avoid any mistake.
Admit card is a very essential and mandatory document which is compulsory to be carried out in the examination hall.
JK SET 2022 Preparation Tips
A well-planned strategy is important to clear this exam. Here we are going to share some effective and useful preparation tips that will help you throughout your preparation journey.
- First of all, download the syllabus and be familiar with the exam pattern.
- Frame a comprehensive study structure and stick to it throughout the preparation.
- Make a regular note for every important topic and also make a one-liner note at the same time to reduce the revision time.
- Solve previous year question papers of at least 5 years.
- Follow a healthy lifestyle and maintain health and mind fitness.
- Attempt online as well as offline mock tests.
JK SET 2022 Result and Cutoff
After the successful completion of JK SET, the result and scorecard will be released on the official website of the University of Kashmir. Candidates will able to check out the result after the official release of the result. Fill in the required credentials such as roll no., date of birth, captcha code as required. After downloading the result, take a printout of it for future reference.
JK SET 2022 Cutoff
In order to qualify for this exam, candidates have to clear all three papers with more than minimum cut-off marks (as required). The minimum cutoff marks to qualify for this exam is different for all 3 different papers. The category-wise minimum required cut off marks for all the 3 papers are tabulated as follow.
|Category||Paper I||Paper-II||Paper III|
JK SET 2022 FAQs
How many papers are there in the JK SET?
There are a total of three papers in JK SET namely, Paper I, Paper-II, and Paper III. In which paper I is common for all the candidates.
What is the maximum age limit criteria to apply for JK SET?
There is no maximum age limit to apply for JK SET.
What is the official website of JK SET?
The official website of JK SET is http://set.uok.edu.in/.
Who conducts the JK SET exam?
The University of Kashmir conducts the JK SET.
Can a candidate from a different state apply for JK SET?
Yes, a candidate from different state can apply for this exam.