JKPSC KAS 2022 will be conducted by the Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission. JKPSC KAS is conducted each year for recruiting applicants for profuse government jobs in the state of Jammu and Kashmir. Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission will release the application forms online through the official website. The notification for the same will be published well in advance on the official website. The applicants must ensure that they meet the minimum eligibility criteria for JKPSC KAS before considering the application for the examination. JKPSC KAS exam will be divided into three phases: Preliminary Exam, Mains Exam & Personal Interview. We have provided all the necessary information for JKPSC KAS on this page.
JKPSC has extended the Registration date for the JKPSC Mains Exam till December 24, 2021. Qualified candidates can fill the form from the JKPSC website.
To visit the website, Click Here
The tentative Date for Mains Exam is 14 February 2022.
JKPSC KAS 2022 Highlights
|Exam Name||KAS 2022|
|Full-Form||Combined Services Competitive Exam 2022|
|Conducting Body||Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission- JKPSC|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Exam Frequency||Once in a year, based on the vacancy|
|The medium of the Exam||English|
|Phases of the Exam||Preliminary Exam, Mains Exam & Personal Interview|
|Exam Purpose||To recruit officials into the departments of administrative service, police service, and accounts service of the state of Jammu & Kashmir.|
JKPSC KAS 2022 Important Dates
The aspirants need to be updated with the latest schedule for the exam in order to prepare accordingly. The tentative schedule for JKPSC KAS 2022 is given below:
|Notification releases||Yet to be announced|
|Online registration begins||Yet to be announced|
|Last date of registration||Yet to be announced|
|Last of fee payment||Yet to be announced|
|Date of release of admit card||Yet to be announced|
|Date of Prelims||Yet to be announced|
|Date of release of answer key||Yet to be announced|
|Date of declaration of result||Yet to be announced|
|Date of Mains examination||Yet to be announced|
JKPSC KAS 2022 Application Form
Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission (JKPSC) will release the application form for JKPSC KAS 2022 through its official website. The applicants must ensure that they meet the minimum eligibility criteria for JKPSC KAS 2022 before applying for the exam. The detailed steps for filling the online application form are given ahead.
Steps for filling the Application Form for JKPSC KAS 2022
- The applicants must visit the official website i.e., www.jkpsc.nic.in.
- The applicant needs to search for an official link to apply for the examination.
- The applicants must click on the “Register Now” and start filling the details.
- Now, the applicants can register themselves using the mobile number and email- ID.
- Also, the applicants need to enter the basic details such as DOB, Name, Parents’ name, Educational Qualification, etc.
- The applicants can now continue to fill the remaining information on the application form.
- The applicants are required to upload the digitally scanned copies of required documents like Identity proof, mark sheets, caste certificate (if applicable), income certificate (if applicable), etc.
- Now, the applicants are required to pay the registration fee online. This payment can be initiated through Debit/Credit Cards or Online Banking or E-Challan.
- After initiating the payment and reviewing the filled application form, the applicants must submit the form.
- The applicants must not forget to take a print out of the application form for future reference.
- The application fee for the applicants belonging to the General category requires to pay Rs. 1000/- as registration fee.
- For the reserved category applicants, the application fee is Rs. 500/-.
- PwD applicants are exempted from paying any registration fee.
JKPSC KAS 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The applicants must ensure that they meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the exam before applying for the examination. The eligibility criteria for JKPSC KAS 2022 is given below:
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of the J&K State.
- The applicant must be holding a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
- The applicant must be less than 32 years of age and more than 21 years of age.
- In addition, the applicants applying for the post of Gazetted Police Service must fulfil the minimum physical fitness requirements as mentioned below:
|For Males||For Females|
|Height||165 cm||150 cm|
|Chest girth (min)||84 cm||79 cm|
|Expansion||5 cm||5 cm|
|For Candidates from Leh/ Kargil|
|Height||160 cm||145 cm|
|Chest girth (min)||79 cm||79 cm|
|Expansion||5 cm||5 cm|
JKPSC KAS 2022 Admit Card
The Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission will release the admit cards for JKPSC KAS 2022 through its official website. The admit card will be carrying necessary information like day & date of the exam, centre name, roll number, etc. The admit card will not be sent via post to any applicant.
Steps for downloading the Admit Card for JKPSC KAS 2022
- The applicants must visit the official website, i.e., www.jkpsc.nic.in. for downloading the admit card.
- Here, the applicants are required to enter their login credentials.
- Now, the applicant must click on the “Admit Card” link.
- The applicant must enter the details as required.
- The admit card of the applicant will be displayed on-screen.
- Download the admit card and don’t forget to take a print out of the admit card and preserve it for future reference.
JKPSC KAS 2022 Exam Pattern
The Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission will conduct the JKPSC KAS 2022 exam. The exam will be divided into three phases: Preliminary Exam, Mains Exam & Personal Interview. The applicants need to qualify all the three phases in order to be recruited at any of the posts. The exam pattern for JKPSC KAS 2022 is mentioned below:
Phase I: Preliminary Exam
In the first phase of the JKPSC KAS 2022 Exam, the applicants are required to appear for the Preliminary Exam. The Preliminary Exam will be carrying objective type questions only.
- The Preliminary Exam will be consisting of two papers. Both papers will be carrying objective type questions.
- The Preliminary Exam will be carrying a total of 450 marks.
- The Preliminary Exam is qualifying in nature. Hence, the scores of the Preliminary Exam will not be added while preparing the final results.
- The medium of the exam will be the English language.
- The time duration for each paper will be 2 hours.
- There is no provision of negative marking in the Preliminary Exam.
|Paper||Subjects||Duration of Exam||Maximum Marks|
|Paper 1||General Studies||2 hrs||150 marks|
|Paper 2||Optional Subject||2 hrs||300 marks|
|Total –||450 marks|
Phase II: Mains Exam
In the second phase of the JKPSC KAS 2022 Exam, the applicants are required to appear for the Mains Exam. Only the applicants qualifying the Preliminary Exam will be eligible to appear for the Mains Exam. The marks secured by an applicant in the Mains Exam will be taken into consideration while preparing the merit list.
- The Mains Exam will be consisting of descriptive type questions.
- There will be a total of 9 papers in the Mains Exam out of which 2 papers will be qualifying in nature.
- The marks secured by the applicant in the remaining 7 papers will be taken into consideration while preparing the merit list.
- The duration of each paper will be for three hours.
- The medium of question papers, other than the language papers, will be English.
- The Mains Exam will be carrying a total of 1750 marks.
|Paper I (Essay)||250|
|Paper-II (GS- I)||250|
|Paper III (GS- II)||250|
|Paper IV (GS- III)||250|
|Paper V (GS- IV)||250|
|Paper VI (Optional Paper-I)||250|
|Paper VII (Optional Paper-II)||250|
Phase 3: Interview
In the final phase of the JKPSC KAS 2022 Exam, the applicants are required to appear for the Interview round that will be conducted by the Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission. Only the applicants qualifying the Mains Exam will be called for the Interview round.
- The interview is conducted to basically judge the mental calibre of the applicants. There is a real assessment of not only the intellectual qualities but also the social traits and general interest of the applicants in the current affairs.
- Applicants are judged on the basis of their mental alertness, clear and logical expositions, depth of interest, the balance of judgment, intellectual and moral integrity, etc. in their interview.
- The applicants failing to obtain the minimum marks in more than one subject will not be eligible to be called for an interview.
JKPSC KAS 2022 Syllabus
The applicants must remain updated with the syllabus as prescribed by the authorities. The Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission will update the syllabus for JKPSC KAS v on the official website. The applicants must go through the detailed syllabus to ensure that they are preparing accordingly. The syllabus for JKPSC KAS 2022 is given below:
JKPSC KAS Preliminary Exam Syllabus
There will be a total of two papers in the Preliminary Exam. Paper 1 will be of General Science whereas, Paper 2 will be conducted from any of the optional subjects.
|Economic and Social Development|
|History of India|
|Indian and World Geography|
|Current Events of National and International Importance|
This paper will be held from any of the optional subjects provided.
JKPSC KAS Mains Exam Syllabus
There will be a total of 9 papers in the Mains Exam. Paper-I will be of General English, Paper-II will be of Essay, Paper-III & IV will be of General Studies, while Paper-V, VI, VII and VIII will be of any two subjects that are to be selected from the given list.
English (Qualifying Paper)
- Short essays
- Usage and vocabulary
- Precise Writing
- Current Events of National and International Importance
- Economic and Social Development
- Environmental Ecology
- General Science
- History of India
- Indian and World Geography
- India Polity
The paper will be conducted from any of the optional subjects given and the syllabus depends on the subject opted by the applicant.
JKPSC KAS 2022 Vacancy
The vacancy for JKPSC KAS 2022 is still not updated by the Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission. We will be updating the vacancy for JKPSC KAS 2022 as soon as they are released by the authorities. The applicants can look for the JKPSC KAS 2020 vacancy for getting an idea about the vacancy, which is given below:
|Junior Scale of J&K Administrative Service||153||54||23||25||06||08||269|
|J&K Police (G) Service||–||01||01||–||–||–||02|
|J&K Accounts (G) Service||2||2||–||1||–||1||6|
JKPSC KAS 2022 Results
The results for JKPSC KAS 2022 will be declared by the authorities in online mode through the official website. The results for JKPSC KAS 2022 will be released after the commencement of each exam. However, the scores of Preliminary Exam will not be taken into consideration while preparing the final results. In clear words, only the marks secured by the applicants in the Mains exam and Interview round will be taken into consideration while preparing the final results and recruiting the candidates for profuse posts.
JKPSC KAS 2022 Selection Process
The applicants need to qualify the Preliminary Exam in order to be eligible to apply for the Mains Exam. The applicants qualifying the Mains Exam will be called for the final interview round. The selection of the candidate will be done on the basis of final merit list that will be reflecting the scores of the Mains Exam and the interview round.
JKPSC KAS 2022 FAQs:
Who will be conducting the KAS 2022?
The exam will be conducted by the Jammu & Kashmir Public Service Commission.
How to apply for the JKPSC KAS 2022?
The application forms will be available on the official website.
What will be the duration of the JKPSC KAS 2022 Preliminary Exam?
Each paper will be of 2 hours duration.
What will be the mode of the examination?
The exam will be conducted in offline mode.
What will be the medium of the examination?
The exam will be conducted in the English language.