JKPSC Syllabus 2022: Jammu and Kashmir State Public Service Commission, has started recruiting for several government departments. JKPSC is the consulting agency for the state government’s civil servant recruitment and controls the website jkpsc.nic.in. The committee is in charge of the state government civil service tests’ annual recruiting. The purpose of JKPSC Recruitment 2022 is to fill well-known posts. If you intend to apply, please gather all of the necessary information.
JKPSC Recruitment 2022 Key Points
Agency: Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission Exam Name: Check Jammu and Kashmir Joint Service Competition Exam
Once a year is the frequency.
Stages of the examination: preliminary, major, and personal interview 796 positions are available.
Exam fee: Rs. 1000/-
Method of application: online
Offline mode of examination
jkpsc.nic.in (official website)
JKPSC 2022 Selection Process
- A joint competitive (preparatory) examination (objective type) is held to select applicants for the main test. To choose candidates for various services and jobs, combine competitive (main) examinations (written examination + interview).
- Two objective essays (multiple choice questions) will make up the preliminary test, which will be worth 450 marks. This exam is only for screening purposes.
- Candidates who are shortlisted for the main exam will benefit from their preliminary exam marks. Written exams and interviews are the most important tests.
- There will be descriptive questions on the written test. Those who get a minimum passing score on the written portion of the main exam, as decided by the committee in any or all essays, will be required to interview.
- The interview will aid in determining the candidate’s psychological fitness. In the interview, qualities such as mental alertness, the key force of assimilation, judgmental balance, clear and logical discourse, diversity and depth of interest, social cohesion and leadership, and intellectual and moral integrity will be assessed.
JKPSC Syllabus 2022
On its website, the committee issued a thorough curriculum for the extensive competitive examination. The syllabus is appropriate for both the preliminary and final stage examinations. Because the exam paper is based on the committee’s syllabus, it must be written in accordance with it. We provide information about the suggested curriculum here.
Prelims Syllabus for Paper 1
General Studies will be the subject of Paper 1 of the JKPSC Prelims. All applicants must complete the paper. In the General Studies category, the JKPSC Paper 1 Syllabus 2022 covers the following niches:
- Questions on Jammu and Kashmir’s history, politics, economy, key events, art, and culture, among others.
- Environmental ecology is a broad topic in general science.
- Important national and international events
- Indian politics, the Constitution of India, and its revisions
- Geography of India and the World
- Development of the Economy and Society
- National and international events currently taking place
- Climate Change and Biodiversity
JKPSC Prelims Syllabus for Paper 2
Paper 2 of the JKPSC KAS Prelims Syllabus will assess the candidate’s basic knowledge in areas such as mental capacity, logical reasoning, comprehension, and so on. Questions in Arithmetic will be based on the Class 10th standard and will include Data Interpretation, Statistics, and other topics. The JKPSC GS 2 syllabus is available below.
- Communication skills; logical reasoning and analytical aptitude; interpersonal skills;
- Arithmetic fundamentals
- Mental ability in general;
- Comprehension of decision-making and problem-solving
|Subjects||JKPSC KAS Syllabus 2022|
|Paper 1||National & International Current Affairs|
History of India
Indian National Movement
Indian and World Geography–Physical, Social, Economic Geography
Indian Polity and Governance–Constitution, Panchayati Raj, Political System, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc
Economic and Social Development– Poverty, Demographics, Sustainable Development, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
Environmental ecology, Biodiversity and Climate Change
|Paper 2||General mental ability|
Interpersonal skills including communication skills
Logical reasoning and analytical ability
Decision-making and problem-solving
Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc.–Class 10th level)
Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.–Class 10th level)
JKPSC KAS Syllabus 2022 for Mains Exam
|Subjects||JKPSC KAS Syllabus 2022|
Usage & vocabulary
|Essay Writing||Current topics|
|Paper 2- General Studies 1 (Indian Heritage and Culture, History, and Geography of the World and Society)||Art Forms, Literature and Architecture|
Modern Indian history
The Freedom Struggle
History of the world including the industrial revolution, world wars, colonisation, political philosophies like communism, socialism, etc
Role of women and women’s organization
Diversity of India
Effects of globalization on Indian society
|General Studies 2 ( Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations)||Indian ConstitutionComparison of the constitutional schemes|
Responsibilities and Functions of the Union and the States
Parliament and State Legislatures
Role of civil services in a democracy
Development processes and the development industry
Effect of policies and politics of different countries
Important International institutions
|General Studies 3 (Technology, Economic Development, Biodiversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management)||Indian Economy and issues|
Government BudgetingFood processing and related industries in India
Land reforms in IndiaScience and TechnologyDisaster and disaster management
Various Security forcesEffects of liberalization on the economy
|General Studies 4 (Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude)||Ethics and Human Interface|
Contributions of moral thinkers and philosophers
Aptitude and foundational values for Civil ServicePublic/Civil service values and Ethics in Public administration
Probity in Governance
JKPSC KAS 2022 Optional Subjects
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- Commerce and Accountancy
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- The literature of any one of the given languages: Arabic, Hindi, Dogri, English, Persian, Punjabi, Kashmiri, Sanskrit, and Urdu
- Medical science
- Public Administration
- Mechanical Engineering
- Political Science & International Relations
JKPSC 2022 Exam Pattern
- The exam will only be given in English.
- The examination will begin in offline mode. There will be target type questions throughout the essay.
- Two papers will be presented. Each exam is 120 minutes long.
- Paper I will be worth 200 points, and Paper-II will be worth 200 points.
- The exam will be conducted entirely in English.
- The exam will start in offline mode.
- There will be descriptive type questions on the paper.
- There will be eight papers in all.
- The exams will last 180 minutes each.
- Paper I will be worth 200 points, and Paper-II will be worth 200 points as well.
- The qualifying English exam will be worth 300 points.
- The first paper (essay) will be worth 250 points.
- The second paper (GS-I) will be worth 250 points.
- The third paper (GS-II) will be worth 250 points.
- The fourth paper (GS-III) will be worth 250 points.
- Paper V (GS-IV) is worth 250 points.
- There will be 250 points for Paper VI (Optional Paper-I).
- There will be 250 points for Paper VII (Optional Paper-I).
|Paper I||General English||300 marks|
|Paper-II||Essay in English||150 marks|
|Paper III and IV||General Studies||300 marks (each paper)|
|Paper V, VI, VII and VIII||Any two optional subjects|
JKPSC KAS Syllabus – Preparation Tips
Interested candidates should begin their preparations as soon as possible after receiving notification. The JKPSC KAS course is extensive, and a smart strategy is required to achieve a higher score. You must now begin your preparation after reviewing the exam format and syllabus. Aspirants must study in a systematic manner. To assist applicants in improving their scores, we have devised the following JKPSC KAS preparation tips:
- Make sure you’re up to date on the JKPSC KAS exam format and syllabus.
- Make a firm timetable and stick to it without fail.
- Give each subject its own time.
- Make time for review and consistency in your preparation.
- After finishing each topic, attempt a mock test, and set aside a day for mock testing.
Ans. Through its website, the Jammu and Kashmir State Public Service Commission distributes a thorough curriculum for the comprehensive competitive test. To acquire a decent score, candidates must prepare according to the most recent preliminary examination curriculum and main stage syllabus.
Ans. The syllabus for the JKPSC KAS mains exam is divided into six primary subjects and two choice papers.
Ans. The exam is only available in English. The exam is taken in a paper-and-pencil format. Candidates must pass preparatory exams in order to take the mains exam.
Ans. Indian Constitution, Comparison of constitutional systems, Responsibilities and Functions of the Union and States, Parliament and State Legislatures, and other significant themes connected to governance, constitution, politics, social justice, and international affairs are only a few examples.
Ans. Candidates should study themes like usage and terminology, precise writing, and short essays, among others.