Examination Programme For January 2022:
Examination Programme For January 2022 (For Submitting Confirmation):
The full form of KPSC/ Kerala PSC is Kerala Public Service Commission. This commission has been established in the year 1965, it is a civil services organization and also acts as an advisor for the Kerala Government. KPSC is headquartered at Thulasi Hills, Pattom Palace, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
The commission of Kerala public service recruits eligible aspirants for different posts in civil services, under the supervision of the state government of Kerala. The total no. of intakes is pre-decided by the officials of KPSC for recruitment for different posts.
The eligible candidates will be selected on the basis of marks secured in the mains and interview phases. The KPSC conducts the physical exam for mains and group discussion/interview for further rounds to test the logical and practical thinking of the candidates.
Here we have provided almost every important part for KPSC recruitment such as the Application process, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, etc. For more updated detailed information about this recruitment, refer to the official website of Kerala PSC.
Kerala PSC 2022 Highlights
|Exam Name||Kerala Public Service Commission 2022|
|Responsible Authority||Kerala public service commission|
|Job location||State of Kerala|
|Level of Exam||State-Level|
|No. of Posts Offered||60+ posts in Civil Services|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Language of examination||Bilingual i.e. English and Malayalam|
Kerala PSC 2022 Important Dates
The official notification for the exams that will be held by Kerala psc in January 2022 can be found below. You can read or download it very easily.
|Category Number||Name of The Post and Department||Exam Date|
|223/2020||ELECTRICAL SUPERVISOR APEX SOCIETIES OF CO-OPERATIVE SECTOR IN KERALA (PART I – GENERAL CATEGORY)||01.01.2022 SATURDAY|
|224/2020||ELECTRICAL SUPERVISOR KERALA STATE CO-OPERATIVE FEDERATION FOR FISHERIES DEVELOPMENT LIMITED (MATSYAFED) (PART II – FISHERMEN/DEPENDENT OF FISHERMEN CATEGORY)||01.01.2022 SATURDAY|
|013/2019||PSYCHIATRIC SOCIAL WORKER MEDICAL EDUCATION SERVICES||05.01.2022 WEDNESDAY|
|493/2019||PSYCHIATRIC SOCIAL WORKER HEALTH SERVICES||05.01.2022 WEDNESDAY|
|281/2019||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR IN SANSKRIT (SAHITYA) COLLEGIATE EDUCATION||06.01.2022 THURSDAY|
|317/2019||CARPENTER KERALA STATE WATER TRANSPORT||08.01.2022 SATURDAY|
|505/2019||CARPENTER MUSEUM AND ZOO||08.01.2022 SATURDAY|
|071/2020||CARPENTER/CARPENTER CUM PACKER ANIMAL HUSBANDRY||08.01.2022 SATURDAY|
|381/2020||ASSISTANT MANAGER (CHEMICAL) KERALA CERAMICS LIMITED||11.01.2022 TUESDAY|
|160/2020||JUNIOR CONSULTANT (ANAESTHESIA) HEALTH SERVICES (NCA Notification)||13.01.2022 THURSDAY|
|522/2019||FULL-TIME JUNIOR LANGUAGE TEACHER (SANSKRIT) EDUCATION||22.01.2022 SATURDAY|
|003/2019||RECEPTIONIST MEDICAL EDUCATION SERVICES||23.01.2022 SUNDAY|
|101/2019||LABORATORY TECHNICIAN GRADE-II INSURANCE MEDICAL SERVICES||23.01.2022 SUNDAY|
|144/2021||LABORATORY TECHNICIAN GRADE-II INSURANCE MEDICAL SERVICES||23.01.2022 SUNDAY|
|359/2020||LABORATORY TECHNICIAN GRADE II HEALTH SERVICES (NCA Notification)||23.01.2022 SUNDAY|
|528/2019||LABORATORY TECHNICIAN GRADE II AYURVEDA COLLEGES||23.01.2022 SUNDAY|
|198/2021||LABORATORY TECHNICIAN GRADE II HEALTH SERVICES (NCA Notification)||23.01.2022 SUNDAY|
|199/2021||LABORATORY TECHNICIAN GRADE II HEALTH SERVICES (NCA Notification)||23.01.2022 SUNDAY|
|200/2021||LABORATORY TECHNICIAN GRADE II HEALTH SERVICES (NCA Notification)||23.01.2022 SUNDAY|
|338/2020||LABORATORY TECHNICIAN GRADE II HEALTH SERVICES (SR for SC/ST and ST only||23.01.2022 SUNDAY|
|099/2019||LABORATORY TECHNICIAN GRADE-II HOMOEOPATHY||23.01.2022 SUNDAY|
|394/2020||LABORATORY TECHNICIAN GRADE-II HOMOEOPATHY||23.01.2022 SUNDAY|
|211/2020||OPERATOR KERALA WATER AUTHORITY||30.01.2022 SUNDAY|
KPSC 2022 Vacancy Description
KPSC has released the recruitment notification for various posts under the Kerala Government. The post-wise no. of vacancies has been tabulated below, interested candidates can check the table below.
|Posts||No. of Posts|
|Driver Grade-II (HDV)||14 posts|
|Lecturer Grade-II (rural development)||2 posts|
|Dietician Grade-II||1 post|
|High school assistance (Arabic) (IV-VIIth-IInd) NCA||13 posts|
|Pharmacists (homeopathy) with Vth NCA||2 posts|
|Pharmacists (homeopathy) with VIIth NCA||1 posts|
|LP-UP school teacher (Kannada medium)||7+4 posts|
|Driver grade-cum-OA (Tourism, excise, police, and transport)||2 posts|
|Excise civil officer (woman)||6 posts|
|High school assistant (Mathematics and Natural science)||3 posts|
|Many more||Refer to the official Notification|
Kerala PSC 2022 Application process
The Kerala PSC application form is available online. First candidates need to register themselves on the official website. Given below are the procedure to fill the application form-
- To apply for the Kerala PSC exam, first visit the official website of KPSC.
- Register yourself by creating a single time registration pin.
- Further, candidates have to choose their job preference ad then have to fill in other details. After filling in the details, click on the “Apply Now” button.
- Later on, candidates have to check and verify the details provided by them in the application form like name, contact no., post preference, etc.
- After confirming the details, the upload will have to upload their photograph, signature, and thumb impression in the same format prescribed in the notification by the officials.
- After uploading the required documents, candidates have to pay the application charges through online mode using debit/credit cards/ online banking/NEFT, etc.
- After completing the application process, candidates have to take a print out of the application form and application fee slip for future references.
Kerala PSC 2022 Eligibility criteria
- Those candidates who have completed their graduation/post-graduation/any professional degree from any stream (from UGC or NAAC or equivalent affiliated university or institution) with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks for the General category (45% marks for SC/ST/OBC) shall be eligible to apply.
- Candidates applying for particular posts must be equally qualified with required aggregate marks as per the requirement needed for the posts. Check the official website for more info.
- Candidates must a permanent domicile of the state, Kerala and they have their residential proof at the time of selection process.
- The age limit of the candidates will vary from 21 to 30 years.
- The minimum age should be 21 years however the maximum age should be 30 years.
- Relaxation will be provided to those who are physically disabled/ below the poverty line/ OBC/SC/ST, etc.
- The maximum relaxation will be given up to10 years depending on the ability and category of the candidates as per the norm of the Kerala Government.
|Below poverty line||3 years|
|Physically disabled||10 years|
- At the time of final selection, candidates have to present a fitness medical certificate by a certified doctor.
- Candidates who are applying for Stream 2 vacancies, must hold regular working 3-5 years of experience certificate from any state government official, and during their working tenure, they should not hold any kind of punishment/ criminal offenses/ suspension.
- For candidates who are applying for Stream 3 vacancies, must have completed a period of probation in the government cadre and their age should not exceed 50 years (on and before 01.01.2022).
Kerala PSC 2022 Exam Pattern
The exam of Kerala PSC will be consist of three phases: Prelims, Mains, and Interview.
- No. of Papers: 2 (General studies and Language proficiencies)
- Duration of Exam: 90 minutes (for each paper)
- Total Marks: 200 marks
- Type of Questions: MCQs
- The Medium of Paper: English and Malayalam
|General Studies||100||English||MCQ||90 minutes|
|Language Proficiency||30||Malayalam/ Tamil/ Kannada||MCQ|
- No. of Papers: 3
- Type of Paper: Descriptive
- Total Duration: 120 minutes (for each paper)
- The medium of the Paper: English and Malayalam
- Total Marks: 300 marks
|I||English/ Malayalam||Descriptive||100||120 minutes|
|II||English/ Malayalam||Descriptive||100||120 minutes|
|III||English/ Malayalam||Descriptive||100||120 minutes|
Interview/ Personality Test
After clearing the mains exam, selected candidates will be called for an interview. The interview will be held in face-to-face mode. The evaluation of marks of the candidates will be out of 50 marks.
KPSC 2022 Syllabus
For the latest updates about the syllabus of the KPSC exam, it is highly recommended to visit the official website and download the KPSC syllabus for each phase.
The basic content and important topics of the Kerala PSC syllabus are as follow:
- Politics of post-independent India.
- History of state Kerala and knowledge about the ancient and modern heritage of the state.
- Present economic background of India
- Geographical nature of the state of Kerala.
- Environmental issues and developmental aspects.
- Food security.
- Knowledge about the heritage of India with an emphasis on the 20th century.
- Issues related to food security
- The economy of state Kerala.
- Role of residents of India.
- Social, cultural aspects of modern and rural society.
- Empowerment of women in past and present society.
- Indian constitution
- Role of non-residents of India
- Science and technology including basic knowledge of physics, chemistry, biology and maths( respective important topics)
- Ecological land act, 2005
KPSC 2022 Admit card
The admit card for the KPSC exam will be released on the fixed schedule as decided by the authority. The Kerala Public Service Commission will issue the admit card. For Pre and mains both, the admit card will be issued separately. It will be issued almost 3-4 weeks prior to the examination date. Candidates have to be active on the official website for all upcoming latest updates.
Candidates can download their admit card once the admit card window will get opened. Following details will be mentioned on your admit card, match the details carefully and if you see any discrepancy in the details, then contact the official immediately.
- Candidate’s Name
- Examination Center address
- Roll no.
- Time and date of the exam
- Candidate’s Photograph
- Candidate’s Signature
- Important Instructions
It should be remembered by the candidates that they have to carry the hard copy of the digitally printed admit card along with one original photo proof ID card.
Kerala PSC 2022 Results
After the successful completion of the Prelims exam, the candidate will able to see their result for pre exams, once the official releases it. Similarly, after a few days of mains examination, the result for the same will be announced. Consequently, after every phase, the result will be declared separately.
The result uploaded by the officials of KPSC will be in pdf format. For more information about the result, and related dates, candidates are advised to refer to the official website.
Kerala PSC 2022 Selection Process
According to the Kerala PSC chairmen, Mr. MK Saker and the officials have taken a decision to implement some changes in the exam pattern to make the selection process precise and easier. This implementation will be carried out for the 2022 admission cycle as per the announcement (from the December application process).
For more details about the new exam, pattern candidates have to visit the KPSC website and read all the information thoroughly to clear their doubts.
The selection will be based on three phases:
- Prelims Exam
- Mains Exam
In the final merit list, the no. pre marks will not be included. Prelims will consider as a screening test only. Only the marks of the mains exam and interview will be the base of the final selection.
KPSC 2022 FAQs
What is the official website of KPSC?
The official website of KPSC is https://www.keralapsc.gov.in/home-2
Who is responsible for conducting the Kerala Civil Services examination?
Kerala Public Service Commission is responsible to conduct the Kerala Civil Services examination.
What is the paper type of pre and mains examination?
The paper of the pre is Objective type and is of qualifying nature only while the paper of mains exam is Descriptive type.
What is the minimum and maximum age limit to apply for the KPSC exam?
The minimum age should be 21 years however the maximum age should be 30 years. However, the relaxation will also be provided as per the Kerala Government norms.
What is Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC)?
The KPSC has been established in the year 1965, it is a civil services organization and also acts as an advisor for the Kerala Government. KPSC is headquartered at Thulasi Hills, Pattom Palace, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. It is responsible to conduct almost all type of state government examination for Group A, B, C, and D posts.