The Savitribai Phule Pune University administers the MH SET Recruitment 2022 exam every year. The Maharashtra State Eligibility Test is held in Maharashtra and Goa for the position of Assistant Professor. The MH SET is a state-level exam that determines eligibility. The SET exam in Maharashtra is offered in 32 subjects, including Arts, Commerce, Science, Management, Law, Mental, Moral, and Social Sciences, and Physical Education.
For the MH SET 2022 exam, there will be two papers. To be considered for assistant professor, candidates must achieve a minimum score on both of these papers.
MH SET Recruitment 2022: An Overview
|Exam Name||Maharashtra State Eligibility Test (MH SET 2022)|
|Organization Name||Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU)|
|Level of Exam||State|
|Fee for Application||General 800OBC and SC/ST 650|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Duration of Exam||3 Hours|
|Exam Language||Marathi, English and Hindi|
MH SET Recruitment 2022 Exam Date
Candidates wanting to take the MH SET 2022 Exam should be aware of the exam’s important dates.
|Exam related Event||Date (Tentative)|
|Registration Start Date||Feb 1st week, 2022|
|Registration Closing Date||Feb 3rd week, 2022|
|Admit Card Release Date||June 2nd week, 2022|
|Written Test Date||June 3rd week, 2022|
MH SET Recruitment 2022 Application form
In May of 2022, the registration form should be available. Applicants who want to work as Assistant Professors in Maharashtra and Goa can apply online for this test. To learn how to apply for the MH state eligibility test registration form, candidates should follow the steps outlined below:
- Interested applicants should go to the Savitribai Phule Pune University’s official website.
- Candidates can register online by filling out the required information on the screen.
- The university will provide candidates with a username and password, after which they can fill out their application form with all of their correct and complete information.
- Before submitting the application form, candidates must double-check all of the information provided.
- Candidates must upload a scanned photo and signature to the application form.
- Make your exam fee payment. Under no circumstances can the examination fees be refunded once they have been paid.
- Candidates are suggested to print the application form after submitting it for future reference.
MH SET Recruitment 2022 Application Fee
Candidates who fill out an application form must also pay an application fee online. The following is a detailed list of the application fees:
|Category Name||Application Fee|
|SC/ST/PH/VH/Transgender, OBC/DT||INR 650/-|
|Super TET||OSSTET||TNPSC CDPO|
|GSET||KPSC Teacher||UP Scholarship|
MH SET Recruitment 2022 Eligibility
- Applicants to the SET are not restricted by age.
- Candidates must have a Master’s degree in a SET-related field that has been recognised by the U.G.C.
- Candidates in the first year of a two-year Master’s Program, the first two semesters of a four-semester Master’s Program, or the fourth year of a five-year Integrated Masters Program are not eligible to take this exam.
- The SET is only available in the subject of the candidate’s postgraduate degree, such as commerce.
- According to U.G.C. rules, candidates with an M.Sc. (by Research) degree are not eligible to take the SET.
- A candidate who has already met the MH SET 2022 Eligibility Criteria in a subject will not be allowed to retake the SET in that subject.
- Applicants should be Indian citizens to take the MH SET 2022.
MH SET Minimum Marks Required
|Category Name||Marks Required|
|For students other than SC/ST/OBC/SBC/DT(VJ)/NT/SEBC/Transgender category||Min. 55% marks|
|OBC/SBC/DT(VJ)/NT/SEBC [belonging to non-creamy layer] and SC/ST/ PH/VH/|
|Min. 50% marks|
MH SET Reservations Provided
The Maharashtra and Goa state reservation policies apply to the MH SET 2022. In accordance with Maharashtra and Goa’s reservation policies, candidates from other states (other than Maharashtra and Goa) who fall into reserved categories will be treated as general category candidates.
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||19%|
|DT (A) VJ||3%|
|General-Economically Weaker Section (GEN-EWS)||10%|
According to the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act of 2016, each category has a 4% horizontal reservation for persons with disabilities (PwD). In addition, orphans will be given a 1% horizontal reservation in the General Category.
MH SET Recruitment 2022 Syllabus
You must thoroughly cover the syllabus and be well prepared to sit for the MH SET 2022 exam. The MH SET 2022 syllabus for Papers I and II has been drafted below, according to the official notice.
Paper I: This is a general paper used to assess candidates’ ability to teach. The major sections of the test are: reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness.
|Teaching Aptitude||Teaching Learner’s characteristics |
Factors affecting teaching
Teaching support system
|Research Aptitude||Research: |
Methods of research
Steps of research
Thesis and article writing
Application of ICT in research Research ethics
|Comprehension||Passage based questions|
Barriers to effective communication
Mass-media and society
|Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude||Types of reasoning|
Number series, letter series, codes and relationships
|Logical Reasoning||Understanding the structure of arguments |
Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning Analogies
Indian Logic Pramanas
Structure and kinds of Anumana
|Data Interpretation||Classification of data|
Quantitative and qualitative data
Data and governance
|Information and Communication Technology (ICT)||ICT Internet, |
Audio and Video Conferencing Fundamentals
Digital initiatives in higher education
ICT and Governance
|People, Development and Environment||Development and environment |
Human and environment interaction
Impacts of pollutants on human health
Natural and energy resources
Natural hazards and disasters
|Higher Education System||Evolution of higher learning and research in post-independence India Professional, technical and skill-based education. |
Value education and environmental education Policies, governance, and administration
Paper II: Paper II is solely focused on the candidate’s chosen subject. Aspirants should attempt all of the questions in this section, with the exception of Mathematical Science. There, all questions from Sections I and II, or Sections I and III only, must be attempted.
|Subject Code||Names of the Subjects|
|16||Defence & Strategic Studies|
|18||Library & Information Science|
|19||Journalism & Mass Communication|
|35||Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean & Planetary Science|
|37||Computer Science & Application|
MH SET 2022 Exam Pattern
The Maharashtra State Eligibility Test is objectively administered. The exam is split into two parts.
- The first paper will be of a general nature, with the goal of evaluating the candidate’s ability to teach and conduct research. Its primary purpose is to evaluate a candidate’s reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness. Paper I will have fifty (50) compulsory two-mark objective type questions.
- Paper-II will consist of a hundred (100) compulsory objective-type questions based on the candidate’s chosen subject (except for mathematical science). There will be two marks awarded for each question.
|Session||Paper||Total No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration of Exam|
MH SET 2022: Preparation Plan
If you want to do well on the MH SET 2022 exam, keep the following tips in mind:
- Step 1: By far the most vital task is to comprehend the entire syllabus completely. Prepare to thoroughly revise.
- Step 2: Another crucial task is to fully comprehend the exam format and major topics. Previous year’s question papers and sample papers may be of great help to you in this regard. Then you can focus on the main points.
- Step 3: You must take practice tests on a weekly basis. This enhances your speed and efficiency while also giving you exam-level confidence.
- Step 4: The real key is practice. Make a mental note and write down everything you learn. Learn to manage your time and write a lot. This will help you get closer to your goal.
MH SET 2022 Admit Card
Before the MH SET 2022 exam, the official portal will release the MH SET 2022 admit card. Candidates who applied for the MH SET 2022 Exam will soon be able to download their admit cards using their login credentials from the official website.
- Step 1: Visit the MH SET website.
- Step 2: Search for the MH SET Exam Admit Card Link under important announcements and click on it.
- Step 3: Enter your username and password for registration.
- Step 4: The MH SET 2022 Admit Card will be displayed on your computer screen.
MH SET 2022 Exam Cut Off
Applicants must obtain the predefined cut-off marks on the MH SET 2022 exam in order to be considered for Assistant Professor positions. According to the rules, only 6% of those who took both MH SET 2022 papers will be qualified. For both papers, the overall MH SET 2022 cutoff marks vary by category.
|Category Name||Minimum Qualifying Marks|
|Paper I and Paper II|
|Open/EWS/Orphan||40 percent of the total marks in both papers|
|SC/ST/PH/VH (disability 40% or more)/Transgenders/OBC/DT||35% aggregate marks taken together in both the subjects|
MH SET 2022 Results
Applicants must obtain the prescribed cut-off marks in the preceding sections to qualify for the Maharashtra SET exam. The applicants’ overall performance in both papers will be used to generate a merit list. Just 6% of those who took both exams will receive a passing grade. The formula below will be used to calculate the qualifying positions for the MH SET 2022 results.
The following is a step-by-step procedure for checking your MH SET 2022 results:
- Log in to the official MH SET 2022 website using your authorized credentials.
- Look for the notification for Result 2022.
- Use your valid credentials to log in.
- Your results will appear on your computer screen.
- Save the results to your device and print them out for future reference.
MH SET 2022 Salary & Benefits
In India, the basic pay for an Assistant Lecturer / Professor ranges from INR 15,600 to INR 39,100 per month. The work has a number of advantages.
- simple leave application.
- A pleasant working environment
- Flexible work hours
- There are extensive research opportunities for lecturers.
- Renewal of salary on a fixed date
MH SET 2022 FAQs
The University of Pune holds the MH SET once a year to select a candidate for Assistant Professor positions in Maharashtra and Goa.
If your PG subject isn’t listed in the notice, you can take MH SET 2022 for an equivalent or related subject.
Candidates must score a minimum of 40% in both papers combined for the general category and 35% for the reserved category to pass the exam.
There is no negative marking in the Maharashtra SET exam.
There isn’t any specified upper age limit for the MH SET 2022 Exam.
Assistant Professors who are hired after passing the MH SET can expect to earn between Rs. 25,000 and Rs. 40,000 per month at first.