The National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMS) is a federally financed initiative run by the Department of School Education and Literacy in the Ministry of Human Resource Development. The program’s goal is to give scholarships to deserving kids from low-income families in order to motivate them to complete their secondary education.
Selected students are awarded a scholarship each year for grades IX to XII in State Government, Government Aided, and Local Body Schools, worth Rs. 12000 per year (Rs. 1000 per month). A scholarship quota exists for each state/UT. To be eligible, students must have a combined family income of less than Rs. 1,50,000.
To choose which students will receive scholarships, the state governments hold an examination. The State Bank of India deposits scholarships into recipients’ bank accounts directly once every three months.
NMMS Scholarship 2022 Notification
Every year between the months of August and October, the national scholarship is announced by the central government. However, depending on the circumstances at the time, timings may change year to year.
The Department of School Education and Literacy has started accepting applications for NMMSS 2022, many of which are continuations of incomplete 2021 exams. The online application procedure has already begun.
The NMMS application dates should be kept in mind by students who plan to take the NMMS exam so that they can submit their applications prior to the deadline. Students should remember their application number because, in the majority of states, they will need to download NMMS hall ticket 2022.
NMMS Scholarship 2022 Overview
National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme)
|Exam Conducting Body||Ministry of Human Resource Development|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Duration||90 minutes|
NMMS Scholarship 2022 Important Dates
|Scheme Closing Date||January 15, 2022|
|Defective Verification||January 24, 2022|
|Institute Verification||January 24, 2022|
NMMS Scholarship 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria are based on the students’ residence, financial situation, and academic credentials. The following eligibility criteria must be met in order to be eligible for the scholarship selection test.
- Candidates must have a grade point average of at least 55 per cent or comparable marks and be enrolled as regular students in class 8 after achieving a clear promotion from class 7.
- Candidates must be students enrolled in public, local, or government-aided schools.
- The candidates’ annual household income should not be more than 1.5 lakh rupees.
- The NMMS scholarship is not available to students enrolled in the NVS, KVS, Sainik schools, or private colleges.
Qualifications for the scholarship’s continuation in higher secondary classes:
- The candidate must receive at least 60 per cent on the class 10 board exam in order to continue receiving a scholarship in higher secondary education.
- The scholarship winner must get clear promotion from class 11 on the first try with a score of 55 per cent or comparable in order for the scholarship to continue in class 12. A 5 per cent mark deduction is applied to students in the SC/ST category.
NMMS Scholarship 2022 Application process
Students who want to apply for NMMS should ensure that they meet all of the requirements for eligibility. Students can submit an application for NMMS scholarships via the National Scholarship Portal. The management of the students’ schools also informs them of the availability of NMMS application forms. The state nodal authority determines the due date for submitting finished online NMMS applications each year. Students can also pick up the completed form at their individual schools or download it from the official website.
In the offline option, students must deliver the completed NMMS Application form and the required documents to their school of enrollment. A few days before to the exam, applicants whose applications have been accepted can pick up their admission cards from their respective schools.
Candidates can acquire the NMMS Application form online, and they must submit two hard copies that have been attested, together with the necessary supporting documents, to each institution. The head of school shall transmit the applications to nodal schools while keeping a copy for administrative purposes.
NMMS Documents Required
The following records are necessary:
- Income Certificate (compulsory)
- 7th-grade mark sheet (only from government schools)(compulsory)
- Parents’ Caste Certificate
- Disability Certificate
|Odisha Scholarship||National Scholarships||CG Scholarship|
|Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship||Maths Olympiad MO||NRA CET|
NMMS Scholarship 2022 Exam Pattern
Despite the fact that NMMS is a Central Government scholarship programme, each State/UT conducts the selection test for the applicants. The NCERT sets the standards for these tests, which include a mental aptitude test and a test of academic aptitude. Each test must be completed in no more than 90 minutes for applicants. On the other hand, students with remarkable talent are allowed longer time to do the exams. The attributes of this state-level examination test are as follows:
|Mental Ability Test(MAT)||
|Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)||
NMMS Scholarship 2022 Syllabus
Candidates who are getting ready for the exam need to be familiar with the NMMS Syllabus. There are no topics that have been chosen in advance on the NMMS test syllabus. On the other hand, the NMMS exam’s degree of difficulty continues to be comparable to that of a class VII or VIII student.
The essay evaluates candidates’ verbal and nonverbal abilities as well as their capacity for logic and critical thought. Some of the subjects covered by the NMMS MAT include the following:
- Numerical series
- Hidden figures
- Pattern recognition
Candidates must also respond to questions in Hindi and English during the Mental Ability Test.
In three portions of the NMMS SAT, science, social studies, and mathematics, the candidate’s conceptual understanding will be evaluated. Classes 7 and 8 will be where the three topics on the syllabus are taught.
NMMS Scholarship 2022 Result
Each state provides a list of students who have qualified for the MAT and SAT with at least 40% on each test after the students have taken the selection test. The following conditions are taken into consideration when coming up with the final list of students for NMMS.
- Candidates must meet the requirements by scoring at least 40% on all of their exams, including the MAT, in order to be considered. For protected categories, there is a mark relaxation, though. The required percentage for them to be eligible for this MCM scholarship is 32 per cent.
- Additionally, candidates must have obtained a grade of at least 55 per cent on their class 8 final. Students who fall within the SC/ST classifications see their grades reduced by 5%.
NMMS Scholarship 2022 Selection of Awardees
For the National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship, each State and University selects applicants using its own testing process. A student who satisfies the eligibility requirements must pass both of the NMMSS exams, the SAT and the Mental Ability Test (MAT), with a minimum combined score of 40%. For pupils in the SC/ST groups, the cutoff is 32%.
Students who get scholarship renewals must have at least a 55 per cent average in Class IX and XI and a 60 per cent average in Class X (with a 5 per cent waiver for SC/ST applicants).
NMMS Scholarship 2022 Incentives
This scholarship programme, which strives to help many impoverished and needy students continue their studies, offers its recipients a range of advantages.
- Scholarships will be used to give students financial aid each month.
- Approximately 1 lakh scholarships will be given out as part of the NMMS Scholarship 2022.
- Under this programme, recipients will receive 1000 rupees each month.
- The scholarship payment will be made in full by the State Bank of India.
- Each year, students in Class 9 will get Rs. 12,000.
- The scholarship is re-upgradable every year till the student completes Class 12 of the secondary level of study.
- To qualify for the award, candidates in each class must receive promotions.
NMMS Scholarship 2022 Disbursement
- Each scholarship programme only allows one application per student.
- It would be necessary for the grantees to open bank accounts, ideally with SBI or another public sector or scheduled bank that provides fundamental banking services.
- The Scholarship Portal will often be used by state governments and UT administrations to submit proposals and names of beneficiaries. In order to implement the plan to electronically transfer scholarships to students’ bank accounts, SBI, the implementing bank, will get funds from the Annual Budget Provision, which will be released when the Ministry has reviewed the proposal.
- Grantees must obtain a minimum grade point average of 55 per cent in Class IX and XI and 60 per cent in Class X in order to maintain the scholarship (relaxable by 5 per cent for SC/ST applicants).
NMMS Scholarship FAQs
The NMMS scholarship is not available to students attending NVS, KVS, Sainik schools, or private universities.
The national scholarship is announced by the central government each year between the months of August and October. However, the timelines may change from year to year depending on the current circumstances.
The applicant must be a regular class 8 student who was advanced from class 7 with at least a 55 per cent grade point average. The parent’s annual income must be less than 1.5 lacs, and the student must be enrolled in a government school.