Nagaland’s Public Service Commission (NPSC Exam) is in charge of recruiting and appointing officers for the state’s administrative services. The NPSC’s recruitment process includes preliminary exams, main exams, and a personal interview. To be considered for a position as an officer with the NPSC, candidates are required to pass all levels of the examinations.
The NPSC Prelims exam is a three-hour objective-type paper worth 200 marks. Qualified candidates must take the mains exam, which consists of three 200-mark papers: General Studies 1, General Studies 2, and General English. The chosen candidates will then be called in for a personality test and/or interview.
NPSC 2022: An Overview
Take a look at the table below to learn more about the key features of NPSC recruitment in 2022:
|NPSC Full Form||Nagaland Public Service Commission|
|Organization Name||Nagaland Public Service Commission (NPSC)|
|Level of Exam||National|
|Fee for Application||INR 310|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Criteria for Selection||Preliminary exam|
|Duration for Exam||Prelims- 2 Hours|
Mains- 2 Hours (Each)
|Exam Language||English and Hindi|
NPSC Exam Date 2022
For more information on the NPSC’s 2022 tentative exam dates, see the table below:
|Exam related Events||Exam Date|
|Release of NPSC 2022 Official notification||October 2022|
|Starting Date of NPSC 2022 Online Application form||Last week of October|
|The Last Date to submit the NPSC 2022 application form||Mid-November|
|Issue Date of NPSC 2022 Prelims Admit Card||Third Week of November|
|NPSC 2022 Prelims Exam Date||Last Week of November|
|NPSC 2022 Prelims Results||To be announced soon|
|NPSC 2022 Mains Exam Date||To be announced soon|
|NPSC 2022 Mains Results||To be announced soon|
NPSC Application Form 2022
Those who want to apply for the NPSC Recruitment can do so both online and offline. Before beginning the NPSC application process, the applicant should download and review all of the recruitment guidelines, notifications, and eligibility requirements.
- Go to the NPSC website for more information.
- Select Advertisement.
- A list of all notifications will now appear on the screen.
- From the drop-down menu, choose NPSC Recruitment Notification 2022.
- The Online Application Form can be downloaded here.
- Now you must fill in the blanks with your data. Please include all relevant documents in your attachments.
- Pay the application fee by DD (Demand Draft) or Challan.
- Now you must submit your application to the National Public Service Commission (NPSC).
- For more information about the NPSC registration process, visit the Nagaland Public Services website.
- Select Advertisement from the drop-down menu.
- On the screen, a list of Notifications will now appear.
- From the drop-down menu, select NPSC Recruitment Notification.
- Fill in the required information including your email address, phone number, and other relevant information by clicking “Apply Online.”
- Enter the username and password to gain access.
- Fill out the application and attach all of your supporting documents.
- Use a debit/credit card or another method of payment to pay the application fee.
- Examine your application form once more, paying great attention to detail such as educational qualifications and supporting documents.
- You must now submit your application and take a printout future use.
- The application fee for the NPSC recruitment is INR 310.
- Both online and offline payment options are available for the NPSC application fee.
|Meghalaya PSC||Manipur PSC||Goa PSC|
|TNPSC Group I||APPSC Group II||Mizoram PSC|
NPSC 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the exam, candidates should make sure they meet all of the necessary eligibility requirements. Failure to meet any of the requirements will result in the candidate’s disqualification at any stage of the exam. The NPSC Eligibility Criteria are outlined in detail below.
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree from an Indian university or have an equivalent qualification. Any degree or three-year qualification that is equivalent to graduation is also acceptable.
- Candidates must be between the ages of 21 and 30 years old as of the application deadline.
- Age relaxation rules apply to reserved category candidates. The age relaxation for SC/ST candidates is 5 years.
- Candidates who want to join the NPSC Civil Services cadre but are currently employed in another government position will be given an age relaxation equal to the number of years they have left in their current position. The maximum number of years in service should be no more than five.
- The commission has set no limit on the number of attempts an applicant can make; the only condition is that they must strictly adhere to the commission’s upper age limit.
NPSC 2022 Syllabus
Every stage of the exam has its own set of requirements. Before beginning to study for the exam, candidates should have a thorough understanding of the syllabus. For the NPSC exam, they should strictly follow the exam pattern and syllabus:
- latest news and general aptitude questions.
- Science and technology-based questions
- Indian history.
- Indian constitution, politics, and administration
- India’s struggle for independence
- Geographical data of India
- The history and culture of Nagaland
- General English—Essay-based questions on any two common choices of topics that are currently favorable in the social, political, economic, or current affairs sections will be asked.
- General Studies II: Detailed studies on Indian administration, constitution, rules and regulations, politics and laws, policies, economic structure and functioning of India, financial growth and fiscal policies, Nagaland administration structure and organization, etc.
- General Studies I – Study on modern Indian history, various data based on statistical analysis, all details pertaining to the state of Nagaland, including history, geography, economic and social features, science as we perceive it in our everyday lives, etc.
A Personality Test
- The interview round does not have a set curriculum. Applicants can be asked any question about Nagaland’s demographics, culture, social, political, and economic spheres.
- They could be asked questions about their abilities.
- At the graduate level, they could be questioned about their field of study as well.
NPSC Exam Pattern 2022
There will be three stages to the Nagaland Public Service Commission test:
- Prelims exam
- Mains Exam
- Personality Test/Interview
NPSC Prelims Exam Pattern 2022
The NPSC CSE preliminary exam will consist of a single objective type paper (MCQ with OMR Answer Sheet) with a total of 200 marks to be completed in three hours. This exam will only be used as a screening tool, and the results will not be used to determine the final ranking of the candidate.
The exam pattern for the NPSC Prelims is as follows:
|Question Types||Objective Type Questions (MCQs)|
|Total Number of Questions||200 Questions|
|Total Weightage||200 (1 mark per question)|
|Exam Duration||180 Minutes|
|Negative Marking||Candidates will receive a 1/3 marks deduction for each incorrect response.|
NPSC Mains Exam Pattern 2022
There are three papers in the NPSC Mains exam:
- General English
- General Studies 1
- General Studies 2
The descriptive-type papers for General English and General Studies 2 will be descriptive, while the objective-type papers for General Studies 1 will be objective. Negative marking is only applied to the objective type paper, which is the second paper. 1/3 of a mark will be deducted for each incorrect response.
NPSC Interview/Personality Test 2022
- Aspirants who pass the NPSC Mains exam will be invited to a Personality Test or Interview.
- Candidates are chosen for jobs on the basis of their interpersonal skills, personality, perseverance, and aptitude for the job during the interview process.
NPSC 2022 Preparation Tips
Candidates for the Nagaland Civil Services exam must study for at least five months and devote at least eight to nine hours per day to preparation. Here are a few helpful hints and pointers to help candidates ace the exam:
- The syllabus is easy to understand, concise, and clear. Study each topic thoroughly and don’t skip any of the topics on the syllabus. Select mock tests and NPSC previous year question papers to prepare for the exam.
- When marking your answers on OMR sheets, be cautious and confident. Make sure your response corresponds to the OMR sheet’s choice.
- Keep track of your time constraints. Do not devote too much time to a single question; instead, balance all of the questions on the paper. Before they choose their answers, they must fully comprehend the question.
- Avoid becoming entangled in unrelated or unfamiliar topics; they may cause more confusion than they will help you with your studies.
- Choose questions based on how easy they are to answer and how confident you are in your ability to do so. Maintain a balance of easy and difficult questions.
NPSC Admit Card 2022
The NPSC admit card will be available on the NPSC official website a few weeks before the NPSC exam 2022.
Steps to Download the NPSC Admit Card:
- The official website of the Nagaland Public Service Commission is npsc.nagaland.gov.in.
- Look for the “Recent News” section on the homepage.
- In a new redirected window, click the appropriate or actual link: NPSC Admit Card 2022.
- To log in, you’ll need your username, registration number, password, and date of birth.
- You can now view and download the NPSC preliminary exam admit card for 2022.
- Also, print a copy for future use.
NPSC 2022 Vacancy
The number of vacancies for the NPSC Recruitment 2022 has not yet been announced. The total number of NPSC recruitment process positions will be announced on the official website. The Nagaland Public Service Commission has advertised vacancies for the following administrative positions:
- Assistant Professor
- Assistant Research Officer (Class-II Gazetted) under the Art & Culture Department.
- Nagaland Lokayukta Directorate of Investigation Inspector (Class-II Gazetted).
- Secretariat Assistant (Class-III Non-Gazetted) under Personnel & Administrative Reforms Department.
- Under the Election Department, Assistant Election Officer (Class-II Gazetted).
- Nagaland State Transport Department Superintendent/Enforcement Officer (Class-II Gazetted)
- Labor Inspector (Class-III Non-Gazetted) under Labor & Employment, Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Department.
- Postgraduate teachers
- Employment Officer (Class-II Gazetted) under Labour & Employment, Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Department.
- LDA-Cum Computer Assistant
- Assistant Commissioner (Class-I Gazetted, Junior Grade) under the Personnel & Administrative Reforms Department.
- Supply Inspector (Class-III Non-Gazetted) under the Food & Civil Supply Department.
- Under the Home Department’s Police Establishment Branch, Deputy Superintendent of Police (Class-I Gazetted, Junior Grade).
NPSC Result 2022
The NPSC result for 2022 will be released within one or two months of the NPSC exam. The NPSC Preliminary Results for 2022 will be announced first. Candidates who pass the preliminary exam must then sit for the NPSC main exam, which is followed by an interview. The NPSC Final Merit List will be announced after the interview phase.
Steps to Check NPSC Result 2022
- Go to the official website.
- The homepage of the Nagaland Public Service Commission will appear.
- There will be several sections on the left side.
- Look for the results link and click it.
- The results are available in PDF format.
- Save and print the result for future reference.
NPSC Salary and Benefits 2022
Below is the average pay for the numerous positions available through the NPSC Recruitment 2022. The salary mentioned below is for 2022, but it may change in that year.
|Post Name||Pay Scale||Grade Pay|
|Assistant Commissioner||INR 15,600 – INR 39,100||INR 5,700|
|Economics & Statistical Officer||INR 15,600 – INR 39,100||INR 5,700|
|Agriculture Inspector – Agriculture Department.||INR 5,200 – INR 20,200||INR 2,800|
|Medical Officer(Class-I Gazetted)||INR 15,600 – INR 39,100||INR 5,400|
|Vice-principal – Labour & Employment, Skill Development & Entrepreneurship||INR 9,300 – INR 34,800||INR 4,600|
|Assistant Director (Engg)||INR 15,600 – INR 39,100||INR 5,700|
|Project Manager – Election Department||INR 15,600 – INR 39,100||INR 5,400|
|J.E (Mechanical) – Public Works Department||INR 9,300 – INR 34,800||INR 4,400|
|Planning Assistant – Planning & Co-ordination Department||INR 5,200 – INR 20,200||INR 2,800|
In addition to the basic salary, candidates are offered a number of benefits and allowances.
- Health insurance
- Government accommodation
- Medical facilities
NPSC 2022 Selection Process
For the NPSC Recruitment 2022, candidates are chosen in three stages: preliminary exams, main exams, and a personality test/interview.
Stage 1: NPSC Prelims Exam
The NPSC Prelims exam will consist of 200 marks’ worth of objective-type questions. Applicants who pass the NPSC Prelims exam will be obliged to take the NPSC Mains exam.
Stage 2: NPSC Mains Exam
The NPSC Mains exam consists of three 200-mark papers. Aspirants must respond to both descriptive and objective questions in the main exam. After passing the NPSC Mains exam, candidates are required to take part in an interview or personality test.
Stage 3: NPSC Personality Test/ Interview
Applicants who pass the NPSC Mains will be invited to a personality test or interview. Candidates are chosen for the job based on their interpersonal skills, personality, perseverance, and aptitude for the job during the interview process.
Candidates must be between the ages of 21 and 30 as of January 1, 2022. For the reserved categories, the upper age limit has been lowered.
When a candidate forgets their password, they can use the ‘Forgot Password’ feature. Enter your birth-date, registered phone number, or email address to change your password.
According to the official Nagaland PSC CTS notification, SC/ ST applicants would be granted a 5-year age exemption in the upper age limit.
Visit the NPSC’s official website to get a copy of your NPSC Admit Card. Click the NPSC Admit Card 2022 link after entering your login information. When the login is successful, the NPSC Admit Card appears on the screen.
Female candidates should be 150 cm or taller in height to be considered for NPSC recruitment