OASIS Scholarship 2022: The government of India aims to empower SC, ST, and OBC communities by providing top-notch education opportunities to deserving students from these communities who require financial assistance for higher education. Many scholarship programs exist to recognize and encourage quality education among students from disadvantaged backgrounds. The Government of West Bengal has sponsored and disbursed the Oasis Scholarship 2022 for such students, with the goal of assisting students at the pre-matric and post-matric levels of study. Continue reading to learn more about this state-funded scholarship and its important details.
This scholarship provides financial assistance to students pursuing higher education in the fields of medicine, engineering, nursing, BEd, and MEd, pharmacy, diploma, PTTI, BVSc, and LLB.
OASIS Scholarship: Overview
|Scholarship Name||WB OASIS Scholarship|
|Provided by||West Bengal Backward Classes Welfare and tribal Development Departments|
|Oasis Scholarship Last Date||February|
|Application Renewal||Currently Open|
|Scholarship Helpline||Scholarship Helpline Number: +91-8420023311. |
You can also seek assistance from your BDO/SDO office.
|Oasis Scholarship Portal||http://www.oasis.gov.in|
OASIS Scholarship 2022 Application Process
We’ve put together a step-by-step guide to applying for the WB Oasis Scholarship below. However, it is always a good idea to read the instructions and guidelines thoroughly before beginning the application process to avoid making a mistake that could result in the form being cancelled.
- To apply as a new candidate, go to the official OASIS Scholarship Application Portal and click on the “Student Registration” link.
- To apply, select your district (the location of your institution). Students studying outside of West Bengal should choose the district where they will be living permanently.
- Fill in the information about your caste certification.
- Click the Submit button after entering your name, father’s name, and computerized caste certificate number (manual certificates will not be accepted).
- Date of Birth, Sub-Caste, Current Institution Name, Phone Number, and Email, as well as a scanned photograph, should all be updated.
- Then, to finish your registration, click the Submit button.
- Download the Acknowledgement Slip that was generated by a computer.
- For future login, the PDF file will contain the applicant’s User ID and Password.
- Click on the Registered Student’s Login link on the OASIS Scholarship Application Portal.
- Now, click the Login button and enter your User ID, Password, and District.
- Fill in all the required details, such as communication address, institution details, and save them by clicking the Further Details button.
- Enter the following information about your bank account: bank name, account number, IFSC Code, and MICR Code. Then click the Verify and Lock option; once it’s locked, you won’t be able to change these details.
- Download the Application Form by clicking on the “Print Application” button.
- Print your application form and attach the following documents to it.
- copy of the first page of your bank passbook.
- Attested copy of caste certificate
- Stamp-size photograph
- Submit your application form with your signature to your concerned BDO Office (for block area) and PO-cum-DWO (for corporation and municipality area) on or before the last date of submission.
- Attested copy of the marksheet or certificate of the last examination.
|Assam TET||Swami Vivekananda Scholarship||DSEU Junior Assistant|
|SSP Scholarship||Digital Gujarat Scholarship||TN TRB Recruitment|
OASIS Scholarship – Eligibility
One of the major requirements for receiving these scholarships is that you must be a permanent resident of the state or have its domicile. Aside from that, there are a few other requirements that you must meet, which are listed below.
- The applicant must be a resident of West Bengal.
- To be eligible for the scholarship, the applicant must have a low annual family income.
- The applicant must have received a cumulative score of 50% on the preceding final examination.
- The applicant must have met a certain number of attendance requirements.
- Female students are eligible for 30% of the scholarship programs.
- Only two candidates from the same family or blood relation will be considered for the scholarship.
|S.No.||Name of the Scholarship||Eligibility|
|1.||Pre-matric scholarship for SC students||One must be a student in grades 9 and 10 and a member of the SC category. |
From all sources, the family/guardian’s annual income should not exceed INR 2 lakh.
|2.||Pre-matric scholarship for ST students||A student must fall under the ST classification. Students in 9th and 10th grades are eligible to apply. |
From all sources, the annual family/guardian income should not exceed INR 2 lakh.
|3.||Post-matric scholarship for SC/ST students||You must be enrolled in a post-secondary or post-matriculation program and be a member of the SC/ST category.|
The total annual income of the parents/guardians should not exceed INR 2.5 lakh.
|4.||Post-matric scholarship for OBC students||You must be enrolled in a post-secondary program and be a member of the OBC group. |
The family’s/annual guardian’s income from all sources should not exceed INR 1 lakh.
Important Documents Required
The following is a list of necessary documents for the verification and application processes:
- PAN Card/Voter Card/Ration Card/Bank Passbook of the Applicant
- Income Certificate from Panchayat/Municipality or any other recognized body.
- caste certificate of parents or someone in blood relation from the parental side.
- Aadhar Card of the Applicant
- Copy of the Marksheet/Certificate of the Last Examination
- Passport Size Photograph
- EPIC Card of the Candidate’s Father and Mother
- Birth Certificate or Madhyamik Admit Card
Track application status
- Click the Track Application button on the OASIS Scholarship Application Portal.
- Your User ID or Application Serial Number, as well as the Application Session, must be entered.
- To check the status of your scholarship application, click the Check Status button.
Oasis Scholarship – Rewards
The benefits you receive from Oasis scholarships are variable and largely dependent on the class you are currently enrolled in. Your academic merit and financial need are obviously important factors in the selection process, but the amount of scholarship you receive differs from class to class. The Oasis scholarship has a complete structure of scholarship rewards that you can win.
|S.No.||Name of the Scholarship||Benefits for Day Scholars||Benefits for Hostelers|
|1.||Pre-matric scholarship for SC students||INR 150 per month for 10 months + Adhoc grant of INR 750 per annum||INR 750 per month for 10 months + Adhoc grant of INR 1,000 per annum.|
|2.||Pre-matric scholarship for ST students||INR 150 per month for 10 months + Adhoc grant of INR 750 per annum||INR 750 per month for 10 months + Adhoc grant of INR 1,000 per annum.|
|3.||Post-matric scholarship for SC/ST students||Maintenance allowance of up to INR 550 per month||Maintenance allowance of up to INR 1200 per month|
|For medical/ engineering/ BSc (Agri)/ M.Phil/ PhD/LLM students||INR 550 per month||INR 1,200 per month|
|For B.Pharm/ LLB/ B.Nursing/ PG/ Hotel Management courses etc.||INR 530 per month||INR 820 per month|
|For general courses up to graduate level||INR 300 per month||INR 750 per month|
|For students of class 11th and 12th in 10+2 system intermediate courses/ Polytechnic/ ITI courses||INR 230 per month||INR 750 per month|
|4.||Post-matric scholarship for OBC students||Maintenance allowance of up to INR 350 per month||Maintenance allowance of up to INR 750 per month|
|For medical/ engineering/ BSc (Agri)/ MPhil/ PhD/ LLM students||INR 350 per month||INR 750 per month|
|For B.Pharm/ LLB/ B.Nursing/ PG/ Hotel Management courses etc.||INR 335 per month||INR 510 per month|
|For general courses up to graduate level||INR 210 per month||INR 400 per month|
|For students of class 11th and 12th in 10+2 system intermediate courses/ Polytechnic/ ITI courses||INR 160 per month||INR 260 per month|
Oasis Scholarship 2022 Renewal
The West Bengal Backward Classes Welfare and Tribal Development Departments have provided a procedure to follow in order to quickly renew your scholarship application online.
- Click the “Renew Scholarship” button on the OASIS Scholarship Application Portal.
- Log in using your User ID, Password, and the District you selected.
- Examine all of the information and details you previously provided. If any information needs to be updated, enter it and save the changes.
- Click the Renew Application and then the Renew and Lock Application buttons to renew and lock the application.
- The acknowledgement slip is available for download.
- Send this copy, along with your signature, to your local BDO office (block area) and PO-cum-DWO (for corporation and municipality area).
Oasis Scholarship 2022 Helpline Number
Candidates can contact the higher authorities at +91-8420023311 if they have any problems registering for the Oasis Scholarship or if they need more information about the scholarship.
Oasis Scholarship 2022 FAQs
To track your scholarship application, go to the Oasis Scholarship official website and click on “Track an application” in the centre of the page. You’ll be taken to a login page where you can enter your credentials and check the status of your scholarship application.
You can apply for the Oasis Scholarship online at the scholarship scheme’s official website. You will be required to register as a new candidate and provide personal information, as well as a computerized caste certificate number, sub-caste name, current academic institution, and other information.
The West Bengal government’s Backward Classes Welfare and Tribal Development Departments offer Oasis Scholarships to candidates in pre-matriculated and post-matriculated education programs.
The application portal for Oasis Scholarship 2022 will primarily close by December 2022, as per the tentative dates. In addition, the applications for both pre-matric and post-matric scholarships are now being accepted.