Odisha Teacher Eligibility Test is a state-level eligibility test and is popularly know as OTET. OTET is conducted by the Board Of Secondary Education, Odisha. This exam is conducted to test the teaching eligibility of a candidate. All those aspirants who want to become a teacher and want an eligibility certificate can apply for this exam. The exam consists of two papers, namely Paper 1 and Paper 2.
Paper 1 is compulsory for those aspirants who want to become a teacher at Primary Level (Class 1- 5) however Paper 2 is compulsory for those aspirants who want to become a teacher in Upper Primary School (Class 6-8). However, qualifying for this exam does not ensure a permanent job. It is only a Teacher Eligibility Test.
The application form for this exam will be filled in online mode while the exam mode will be offline. Aspirants are advised to visit the official website regularly to get the latest updates. Here we have provided all the latest information about the OTET such as the application process, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, etc. in this article. So, readers are requested to read the full article till the end.
OTET 2022 Overview
|Name of Examination||Odisha Teacher Eligibility Test|
|Popularly Known As||OTET|
|Conducting Authority||Board of Secondary Education, Odisha|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|No. of Papers||2|
|Exam Duration||150 Minutes|
|Types of Questions||MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|Address||Board of Secondary Education, Manikhamb, Balasore, Odisha-756001|
|Helpline Numbers||2415460, 241428, 241429, 241439|
|Email ID||[email protected]|
OTET 2022 Important Dates
Here we have provided the latest information about Important dates such as registration date, last date, exam date, etc.
|Online Application starts from||To be notified soon|
|Last date of submission of application form||To be notified soon|
|Correction in provided details can be done by||To be notified soon|
|Availability of admit card||To be notified soon|
|The final date of Examination||To be notified soon|
|Result declaration date||To be notified soon|
Note- All the important dates are yet to be notified by the officials of the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha. Here we shall update the column of dates with the latest information, just after the official announcement of dates, till then stay tuned with us.
OTET 2022 Application Process
The application form for this exam will be filled in online mode. Interested candidates can apply for this exam by visiting the official website. Candidates will have almost 14 days to fill the application form and for fee payment. Here we have provided below all the necessary details regarding the application process. Candidates are advised to follow these steps to fill the online application form.
How to Apply?
- First of all, Visit the official website: www.bseodisha.nic.in
- Now find the link for “Online Application for OTET 2022”.
- Click on the link, you will be asked for the registration process if you have never fill up this form before.
- Now click on the link given for ‘New Registrations.’
- In this section, you have to enter some basic details such as Name, Contact details, etc.
- After filling in the details, make a strong password and note it for future login.
- Now you will get a credential and a confirmation message or email on your registered mobile no. or email.
- Again login with the provided credentials and fill the application form.
- Upload the recent passport size photo and signature in the prescribed format suggested in the application brochure.
- The file size of photographs should be less than 50 kb and the same of their signatures should be 20 kb.
- Now Preview the provided details and finally submit the application form.
Payment of Application Fee
The application fee will be different for the different category candidates and it can be deposited in both the modes i.e. online and offline.
- Online Mode: Through SBI Debit Card or SBI Net Banking
- Offline Method: Through SBI Challan
Note: Take a printout of the filled application form and fee receipt for future reference.
- Qualifying examination mark sheet or certificate.
- Mark sheet/ certificate of class 12th for untrained (SC, ST, or PH) candidates.
- Recent passport size photo resized as per the guidelines.
- Handwritten signature
- Category Certificate (For SC, ST, OBC, and SEBC candidates) to get reservation benefits.
- PH or PWD Certificate ( if needed).
OTET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the application form candidates should be remembered that they can fill the application form only if they satisfy all the eligibility criteria. Hence check all the eligibility before filling the application form. Here we have provided all the necessary eligibility criteria as mentioned below.
The candidate must be a domicile of Odisha.
Candidates of any age group can apply because there are no upper age limit criteria that have been set by the BSE, Odisha for OTET.
- A candidate must have acquired a minimum of 50% marks in 12th and have a 02-year D.El.Ed. (Diploma in Elementary education). OR, have acquired a minimum of 45% marks in 12th and have a 02-year D.El.Ed. (Diploma in Elementary education) in accordance with NCTE. OR, have acquired a minimum of 50% marks in 12th and 04 years B.El.Ed ( Bachelor of elementary education). OR, have acquired a minimum of 50% marks ad 02-year Diploma in Education (Special Education).
- Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree with 02 years of D.El.Ed. (Diploma in Elementary Education). OR, bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% marks and B.Ed in accordance with NCTE.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks and 1 year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed). OR, bachelor’s degree with 02-year of Diploma in Elementary Education. OR, bachelor’s degree with at least 45% marks and 01-year B.Ed (Bachelor in Education) in accordance with NCTE. OR, bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks and 1 year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed, SPECIAL EDUCATION).
- Candidates must have acquired a minimum of 50% marks in 12th or in its equivalence and 04 years B.El.Ed ( Bachelor of elementary education). OR, have acquired a minimum of 50% marks in 12th or in its equivalence and 04-year B.A./ B.Sc, Ed or B.A. Ed./ B.Sc. Ed.
OTET 2022 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Examination: Offline i.e. Pen and Paper based
- No. of Papers: 2
- Duration: 2 and half an hour
- Type of Question: MCQ (multiple choice question)
- Language of Question Paper: English, Hindi, Odia, Telugu, Urdu, and Bengali.
- 1 mark will be given for each correct answer.
- No negative marking will be there for incorrect answers.
Paper- 1 (for Primary level)
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Child development and pedagogy||30||30|
|Language – 1 Urdu/ Hindi/ Bengali/ Telugu/Odia.||30||30|
|Language – II English||30||30|
|Total||150 questions||150 marks|
Paper -2 (for secondary level)
|Subject||No. of questions||Marks|
|Child development and pedagogy||30||30|
|Language-1, Odia, Urdu, Hindi, Telugu, Bengali.||30||30|
|Language -2 English||30||30|
Optional either A and B
|Subject||No. of questions||Marks|
|Social science||60 (30 questions from history, political science, and 30 questions from geography).||60|
|Mathematics||60 ( 30 questions from mathematics and 30 will be from science subject)||60|
OTET 2022 Exam Syllabus
- Child Development & Pedagogy
- Language-I, Odia/ Urdu/ Hindi/ Telugu/ Bengali-
- Language-II (English)
- Environment Studies
OTET 2022 Admit Card
Admit card or Hall ticket is an important document because without it you will not be able to permitted to enter in the examination hall. Admit card of OTET will be released on the official website of OTET. After the release of the admit card, candidates will be able to download it officially from its official website.
How to Download the Admit Card?
- First of all, visit the official website of BSE, Odisha.
- After visiting the website search for the hall ticket download link and then click on it.
- Now enter the credentials such as application number, password, and security key.
- After entering the details, log in and download the OTET admit card/ hall ticket.
- Take a printout of it, in the same format for future use.
Details Provided on Admit card
- Name of the applicant
- Date of birth
- Exam date and time
- Allocated center
- Signature of the candidate
- Mode of examination
OTET 2022 Preparation Tips
Here we are providing some awesome tips which are suggested by the toppers of this exam. If you follow the following tips then definitely you will clear the exam in the first attempt with a good score.
- Make a timetable according to your situation, do not procrastinate, and try to follow it.
- Stick with only one or two sources and do not follow others blindly.
- It is very important to solve previous year question papers.
- Give Mock tests, solve puzzles and quizzes.
- Revise all the subjects thoroughly at least 2-3 times.
- Examine your mistakes from time to time and try to fix them.
- Watch and read toppers’ interviews and note down important points mentioned by them and try to follow.
OTET 2022 Answer Key
The answer key will be released after a few days of examination on the official website of BSE, Odisha i.e. www.bseodisha.nic.in.
- Candidates can visit the official website to download the answer key.
- An answer key for both the papers, namely Paper 1 and Paper 2 will be released in PDF format.
- It is advisable to check the answer key with your answer to predict a tentative score for your own.
- In case, if you find an incorrect answer in the answer key then you can raise objections against the answer, the challenge will be accepted through the online process with a charge of Rs. 500/-
OTET 2022 Result
The final result of OTET will be declared by the officials of BSE, Odisha, and will be released only on the official website. All the candidates who have appeared for the exam can check their result after providing the details.
How to download OTET result?
- First of all, visit the official website.
- Find and click on the result section.
- Now you will be asked to enter the required credentials such as roll number, date of birth, and captcha code for security reasons.
- Finally, log in with the credentials and then you will able to see your final result.
- Now save, download, and take a printout of it for further use.
Authorities have been set a passing cutoff, so you have to cross that cutoff marks in order to qualify for the exam. The minimum cutoff marks are prescribed below.
MINIMUM QUALIFYING MARKS & PERCENTAGE
OTET 2022 FAQs
Is there any negative marking scheme applied for incorrect answers?
No, there is no such scheme in the OTET exam.
What is the maximum age limit to apply for OTET?
There is no upper age limit standard to apply for OTET.
Is it compulsory to attempt both the papers?
No, it is not compulsory to attempt both the papers. It will depend on you to choose depending on your qualification.
What is the minimum cutoff marks needed to clear this exam?
The minimum cutoff marks are as follow-
|Minimum Qualifying Marks & Percentage|
How many questions will be there in the Papers?
There will be a total of 150 questions for each of the papers.
What will be the maximum marks for both the papers?
There will be a total of 150 marks for each of the papers.
What is the official website of OTET?
The official website to apply for OTET is www.bseodisha.nic.in.