PNB SO Salary 2022: To be considered for the prestigious positions of Manager and Senior Manager at PNB, candidates must first pass the PNB SO exams, after which they may be required to participate in an interview round. Applicants must be familiar with the Job Profile of the PNB SO posts before going through this rigorous selection process.
Because of the high level of competition, the PNB SO recruitment is difficult to crack. The attractive PNB SO salary and amazing perks and benefits offered with these jobs are one of the primary reasons for this competition. Job assurance is one such benefit, which comes with a variety of other allowances and benefits.
PNB Specialist Officers have a good career path with many opportunities for advancement within the bank based on their overall performance. Read the entire article to learn more about the salary for the PNB SO position, as well as the benefits, perks, and job profile.
The scale of Pay for PNB SO
The compensation package for PNB SO jobs varies depending on the grade/scale of the position. Along with the PNB SO salary, the PNB also offers specific grade pay.
|Post Name||Grade/Scale||Scale of Pay|
|Agricultural Field Officer||JGMS-I||23700-980/7-30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020|
MMGS stands for Middle Management Grade Scale and JGMS stands for Junior Management Grade Scale in the table above.
PNB SO Perks and Additional Benefits
Because of the high level of competition, the PNB SO recruitment is difficult to crack. The attractive PNB SO salary and amazing perks and benefits offered with these jobs are one of the primary reasons for this competition. Job assurance is one such benefit, which comes with a variety of other allowances and benefits. The following are some of the benefits provided to employees:
- Health insurance
- Government accommodation
- The ability to work from home
- Professional development
- Transport facility or vehicle
- Job training
- Increments and incentives
- Medical facilities
- Child safety
- Ample paternal and maternal leave
- Paid holidays
- Leave and travel concession
Salary Structure for PNB SO
Employees who work for the PNB SO post receive additional benefits in addition to their salary. These are the allowances:
- D.A. (Dearness Allowances): It basically refers to the cost of living. It amounts to nearly 36% of basic pay.
- HRA (House Rent Allowances): HRA is paid for housing expenses and varies depending on the employee’s city of residence. It is given 7-9 percent of basic pay, according to the posting.
- CCA (City Compensatory Allowances): CCA varies depending on the city of posting, and can range from 0% to 34% of basic pay. It is given to compensate employees in metropolitan cities for the high cost of living.
- Contribution to the Provident Fund: It is given in the range of Rs. 3000-3500.
- Special Allowance: It accounts for nearly 7.75 percent of the basic pay.
- Other benefits include Entertainment Allowance, Newspaper Allowance, and Traveling Allowance, among others.
PNB SO after revision gross salary comes around:
- Rs. 30578 for Metro Cities
- Rs. 30488 for State Capitals
- Rs. 29927.5 for District Level and Rural Areas.
PNB SO In-Hand Salary
PNB SO applicants’ in-hand salaries may fluctuate over time as they receive raises. Although, at first, the PNB SO salary may have been around 31,705 for Manager positions in various departments and 42020 for Senior Manager positions.
PNB SO Probation Period
For the most part, most government jobs have a two-year probationary period. To become a permanent employee of the department, successful applicants must work for this period of time. Following the completion of this period, applicants will be eligible to receive all of the perks and benefits offered by PNB.
PNB Specialist Officer Job Profile
A Punjab National Bank Specialist Officer’s roles and responsibilities are determined by the area of specialisation. The job profiles for various Specialist Officer positions at Punjab National Bank are described below.
- IT Specialist Officer: The IT Specialist Officer is in charge of managing the bank’s software and hardware projects, whether they are related to ATMs, net banking, or mobile banking. They are in charge of managing the customer database and ensuring network security for their funds. Applicants with a bachelor’s degree in engineering are usually eligible for IT officer positions.
- Agricultural Field Specialist Officer: The Agricultural Field Specialist Officer’s role is to provide banking information to all farmers, including cultivators, and to encourage them to use banking services. His job also entails keeping them up to date on all the latest technologies, such as greenhouses and high-tech farming, as well as explaining financial products such as the Kisan Credit Card.
- Marketing Specialist Officer: A Marketing Officer’s main responsibility in a bank is to increase the bank’s market presence and profits through marketing campaigns and other promotional activities.
- Human Resources/Personnel Officer: They are in charge of hiring applicants in banks. Their job entails managing the induction and training of new employees, as well as the creation of salary accounts and other related tasks.
- Lawyer as Specialist Officer: A bank’s Specialist Officer is in charge of providing legal advice and preparing legal documents for the bank and its branches.
- Chartered Accountant as Specialist Officer: A Chartered Accountant in a bank is in charge of all auditing-related work for clients and is in charge of the bank’s entire accounting department. In terms of finance, they also keep track of financial profit and loss within the bank.
I hope that your questions about the job description, salary, and responsibilities of a bank Specialist Officer have been answered. You can apply for the Specialist Officer exam if your educational qualifications meet the requirements.
PNB SO Career Growth and Promotion
One of the main advantages of working for the government is that there are numerous opportunities for steady advancement in the candidate’s career. Applicants are also rewarded with a variety of incentives for accomplishing new feats in their respective departments. Applicants will be eligible for all benefits and promotional perks once their probation period is completed. The authorities offer a variety of programmes to help candidates advance their careers.
The PNB SO promotion/career growth hierarchy is shown below.
- Junior Management-Scale 1(Officer/Assistant Manager)
- Junior Management- Scale 2(Manager)
- Middle Management – Scale 3( Senior Manager)
- Senior Management – Scale 4(Chief Manager)
- Senior Management –Scale 5( Assistant General Manager)
- Top Management –Scale 6( Deputy General Manager)
- Top Management- Scale 7(General Manager)
PNB SO Salary 2022 FAQ’S
Yes, the PNB SO salary varies depending on the position, such as Manager, Senior Manager, Officer, and so on.
After the probation period, an increase in the PNB SO salary can be obtained by achieving new feats and gaining experience on the job.
The City Compensatory Allowance (CCA) is a stipend given to applicants who work in high-tier cities.
No, applicants who want to work for PNB in a variety of positions can take the PNB SO exams.
Every month that the employee works, the PNB SO salary is credited to their account at any PNB branch.