RBI Assistant Salary 2022: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is India’s central bank, and working there is considered a source of prestige. RBI, like every other government position, requires applicants to pass an examination administered by the authority.
It is necessary to study diligently if one wishes to become an RBI official. A job with the RBI boosts a candidate’s career and allows them to grow as a person, in addition to providing prestige. Before applying for the position of RBI Assistant, a candidate must meet certain requirements.
RBI Assistant Salary 2022:Overview
|Conducting By||Reserve Bank of India|
|Vacancy No.||To be released soon|
|Category||Salary Structure & Perks|
|Basic Pay||Rs.15,060/- per month|
|Selection Process||Prelims, Mains and Language Proficiency Test|
RBI Assistant Salary
The salary of RBI Assistant in-hand is Rs.36,091 per month following the implementation of the 7th Pay Commission. The following is a breakdown of the pay:
|Payscale||Rs.13,150 – 750(3) – 15400-900(4) – 19000 – 1200(6) – 26200 – 1300(2) – 28820 – 1480(3) – 33240 – 1750(1) – 34990(20 years)|
|Gross pay||Rs.32,429 per month|
|Salary in-hand||Rs.36,091 per month|
RBI Assistant Allowances
Aside from that, the salary of an RBI Assistant includes allowances. These are the allowances:
- Accommodation: The RBI assistant is provided with a place to live. They are given rent as a substitute because the accommodation is subject to availability.
- Dearness Allowance: The government pays this to offset the effects of inflation.
- City Compensatory Allowance: The RBI assistant is paid by the government to offset the higher cost of living in metropolitan or Tier-1 cities.
- Transport Allowance: This allowance is provided by the government to RBI assistants to cover commuting expenses between their homes and the office or a location where office duty is to be performed.
RBI Assistant Eligibility
Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from a recognised university with a minimum grade point average of 50%. They should also be computer literate and proficient in word processing.
- Minimum age- 21 years
- Maximum age- 28 years
The following are age relaxations for the backward community and other communities:
|PwD- SC/ST||15 years|
|Jammu and Kashmir applicants||5 years|
|Ex-servicemen||Maximum age- 50 years|
|Widow judicially separated women and not remarried, divorced women||10 years|
RBI Assistant Working Days and Public Dealing
Weekdays, or 5 days, are the working days for an RBI assistant. No public dealing is required of an RBI assistant.
RBI Assistant Job role
It is critical to understand the role of RBI assistants in the organisation before applying for the position. Some of the many responsibilities of an RBI assistant include the following:
- Work filing- The RBI assistant is responsible for maintaining files, collecting receipts, balancing the tally, and maintaining the ledger, among other things.
- An RBI assistant double-checks documents and bank information.
- Is able to create and circulate a new currency.
- Maintaining accounts will help you maintain financial stability.
- Respond to emails and keep track of them.
RBI Assistant Promotion
Besides job security, good pay, and a good work-life balance, the RBI also offers excellent opportunities for advancement within the organisation by conducting internal promotional examinations at regular intervals. These exams are a stepping stone to advancement, as employees who pass them are promoted to a higher position. Your salary increases as a result of the promotion, as do the responsibilities that come with the new position.
RBI Assistant Registration fee
The application to the post requires payment of a registration fee. The following are the fees for various categories:
Benefits of being an RBI assistant
Salaries for government employees have increased dramatically since the 7th pay commission. Aside from that, an RBI assistant has a lot of advantages. The following are some of the advantages:
- Accommodation facility: Transfers are common in government jobs. As a result, wherever the employee is transferred, they will be accommodated. They won’t have to worry about finding a place to live because the RBI will provide them with housing.
- Work-life balance: The RBI assistant works five days a week and does not work on weekends. In addition, the job lasts 8 hours per day, from 9:15 a.m. to 5:15 p.m., giving the employee personal time after work hours. This position, when compared to other jobs and the private sector, allows the employee to maintain a work-life balance.
- Work: In comparison, there is less work pressure. As a result, the employee is able to perform to their full potential while remaining stress-free.
- Public dealing: This position is purely administrative and does not require any interaction with the public.
- Posting: Because the RBI does not have a branch in rural areas, employees are assigned to work in cities. Postings are both in urban and rural areas when compared to other banks.
- Housing loan: Employees of the RBI are eligible for a housing loan of up to Rs.30 lakhs at nominal interest rates.
- Education loan: The RBI offers employees’ children education loans up to Rs.20 lakhs at a very low interest rate. Scholarships are also given to the children.
- Medical benefits: The RBI not only covers the employee’s medical expenses, but also those of their family members. This is a huge relief because many of the facilities are either free or charge a very low fee.
- There are chances for advancement. The employee must pass departmental promotional examinations in order to be promoted to the position of Assistant Manager.
- Brand: RBI is the pinnacle of banking because it is India’s central bank, and it oversees all banks, public and private. There is nothing better in terms of a career than being a part of RBI.
- Leaves: When compared to other banking jobs, there are more leaves. An RBI employee has a greater number of vacation days and paid holidays than other employees.
RBI Assistant Salary FAQ
An RBI Assistant is in charge of maintaining files, verifying documents, ensuring proper currency circulation, and keeping track of the ledger.
An Assistant’s starting basic pay at the Reserve Bank of India is Rs.15,060 per month.
The following are the various benefits and allowances that an RBI Assistant receives:
House Rent Allowance
Miscellaneous Benefits (Allowance for fuel, newspaper, etc.)
Yes, the RBI conducts regular interviews and internal examinations to promote employees to higher positions. After a few years of experience, RBI Assistants are also eligible for promotions.