SBI CBO Recruitment 2023: On its official website, the State Bank of India will soon publish the SBI CBO Recruitment 2023 notification. The direct link to the SBI CBO notification will be provided further down on this page. Along with the official notice, the details of the vacancy will be announced. To be considered for the position, candidates must pass two stages: an online exam and a personal interview. Applicants are advised to visit the website on a regular basis so that they do not miss out on any new information.
Highlights of the Exam
|Conducting Authority||State bank of India|
|Name of the Exam||SBI circle Based Officer|
|Name of Post||Circle Based Officer (CBO)|
|Exam Date||January 2023|
|Selection Process||Online Test & Interview|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Important Dates of SBI CBO 2023
The notification for the SBI CBO 2023 has yet to be released.
|Date of commencement of online registration||December 2022|
|Date of closure of registration||December 2022|
|The last date to edit the application||December 2022|
|Online Test||January 2023 (Tentative)|
SBI CBO Recruitment 2023: Vacancy
For the SBI CBO 2023 recruitment, SBI will release the circle-by-circle vacancy details.
Below are the circle-by-circle vacancies of 2022:
|Bhopal||Madhya Pradesh + Chhattisgarh||200|
|Total||1100+ 126(Backlog Vacancies)= 1226|
SBI CBO Application Process
Applicants who are eligible should apply online at https://www.sbi.co.in/careers. Following successful registration, you can pay the registration fee online using a debit card, Internet banking, or other methods.
How To Apply For SBI CBO Recruitment 2023?
Applicants will be required to fill out and submit the SBI CBO application form online. The following are the steps to apply online for SBI CBO 2023:
- The first step is to go to the official website, sbi.co.in.
- On the top right-hand side of the page, click the ‘Careers’ link.
- A new page will appear. Select ‘Join SBI’ from the drop-down menu.
- Select ‘RECRUITMENT OF CIRCLE BASED OFFICERS’ from the drop-down menu.
- Select ‘Apply Online’ from the drop-down menu. A new window will appear.
- Select ‘Click Here For New Registration’ from the drop-down menu (for new registration).
- A screen will display an instruction page. Continue by clicking the ‘Continue’ button. Fill in your “Name,” “Mother’s Name,” “Email ID,” “Mobile Number,” and “Security Code.”
- Select ‘Register’ from the drop-down menu. An instruction page will appear; read it and then click ‘OK.’ A ‘Registration Number’ and a ‘Password’ will be generated and sent to the mobile number and email address provided.
- Click the ‘Save & Next’ button after selecting the ‘Post Name,’ ‘Grade,’ and ‘Category.’
- Fill in your personal information, contact information, state name, and other information. After that, press the ‘Save & Next’ button.
- Fill out the rest of the form, including your qualifications and work experience. Select ‘Save & Next’ from the drop-down menu.
- In the prescribed formats, upload your photo, signature, and other documents. To continue, click ‘Save & Next.’
- Review your completed details and make any necessary changes. To proceed with the fee payment, click ‘Save & Next.’
- Check the fee amount and complete the transaction. Take a printout of the fee receipt as well as the completed application form for future reference.
List of the documents which is required to submit the application form.
- Proof of having learned as one of the subjects the stated local language of the applied State 10th or 12th standard mark sheet/certificate.
- Experience certificates (PDF)
- Professional Qualification Certificate (e.g. MBA, CA, CFA, ICWA, etc.), if any.
- Educational Certificates: Relevant Marksheets/ Degree/ Certificate (PDF)
- ID Proof (PDF)
- Brief Resume – detailing educational/ professional qualification, experience and assignments handled
- JAIIB/ CAIIB certificate (if any)
- Recent Photograph
- Form-16/ Salary Slip (PDF)
- Proof of Date of Birth (PDF)
Points to know before apply online
- The individual’s candidacy will be considered only for vacancies in the state for which he/ she has applied/ chosen. State-by-state and category-by-category merit lists will be compiled.
- The applicant will only be able to apply for one state’s vacancy. A applicant who applies for one State’s vacancy is ineligible to apply for any other State’s vacancy.
- Up until promotion to SMGS-IV Grade or 12 years of service, whichever comes first, the selected applicants will not be eligible for inter-circle transfer.
- Selected applicants will be placed in the Circle of the State for which they were chosen.
|VCBL||RBI Security Guard||ESIC UDC|
|RSCB||Haryana HARCO Bank||IIBF Junior Executive Recruitment|
SBI CBO Eligibility Criteria
- Academic Qualifications Required:
- Applicants must have graduated from an authorised university or have another similar qualification recognised by the Central Government.
- In the online application, the candidate should indicate his or her graduation percentage to the nearest two decimal places. If a CGPA is given, the percentage should be converted and entered into the online application. If an interview is required, the candidate may be required to present a certificate from the appropriate authority stating, among other things, the university’s requirements for converting a grade into a percentage and the candidate’s percentage of marks earned in relation to those standards.
- The percentage of marks is calculated by dividing the candidate’s overall maximum marks in all subjects over all years by the overall maximum marks in all subjects. The resulting percentage fraction is ignored, i.e. 59.99 percent is treated as less than 60 percent, and 54.99 percent is treated as less than 55 percent.
- When applying, you must be under the age of 30.
- Candidates must have at least two years of experience working for a Regional Rural Bank or a Scheduled Commercial Bank.
- Local Language: Applicants applying for positions in a State must submit a 10th or 12th grade mark sheet indicating that one of the subjects they studied was the state’s specific local language.
- Candidates with a history of defaulting on loan or credit card payments, as well as those with adverse CIBIL or other external agency reports against their names, are not eligible for appointment.
- Applicants with a negative report on their character and antecedents, as well as moral turpitude, are ineligible to apply for the position.
SBI CBO Exam Pattern
The SBI CBO online exam pattern is divided into two sections:
|Part A||Objective Test|
|Part B||Descriptive Test|
SBI CBO Exam Pattern for the Objective Test
Let’s take a look at the SBI CBO exam pattern for the objective test:
|Sections||No. of Questions||Max. Marks|
|General/Economy/Banking Awareness/KYC-AML/Preventive Vigilance/Legal Issues||30||60|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||20||40|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||30||60|
- The objective test will take 2 hours to complete in total.
- Every correct answer earns you two points.
- A quarter of the marks allotted to the question will be deducted from the total score for each incorrect answer.
SBI CBO Exam Pattern for the Descriptive Test
Let’s take a look at the exam pattern for the descriptive test, which is as follows:
|Sections||No. of Questions||Max. Marks|
|Essay (250 words on banking related topics)||1||25|
- The descriptive test will take 30 minutes to complete in total.
- For descriptive papers, there are no negative marks.
SBI CBO Syllabus
SBI CBO Syllabus Consists of the following sections:
- General Awareness
- English Language
- Data Analysis & Interpretation
- Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
SBI CBO Syllabus For General Awareness
Check the topics under SBI CBO Genereal Awareness syllabus from below:
- Banking Awareness
- Legal Issues
- Preventive Vigilance/
- Current Affairs
- General Knowledge (Static GK)
SBI CBO Syllabus For English Language
Check the important sections in SBI CBO English Language syllabus from below:
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal Ability
SBI CBO Syllabus For Data Analysis & Interpretation
The SBI CBO Data Analysis & Interpretation syllabus topics are given below:
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Profit and Loss
- Simplification/ Approximation
- Ratio and Proportion
- Quadratic Equation
- Data Interpretation
- Number Series
- Work, Time and Energy
- Permutation and Combination
- Time and Distance
- Data Sufficiency
SBI CBO Syllabus For Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
Check the Reasoning and Computer Aptitude Syllabus for SBI CBO exam from below:
SBI CBO Reasoning Syllabus
- Data Sufficiency
- Distance and Direction
- Seating Arrangement
- Verbal Reasoning
- Blood Relations
- Order and Ranking
- Alphanumeric Series
SBI CBO Computer Aptitude Syllabus
- Operating System
- Computer Fundamentals & Terminologies
- Computer Hardware & Software
- Keyboard Shortcuts
SBI CBO Test Center
The test centre information for SBI CBO 2023 has yet to be released. When registering for the exam, applicants must choose one of three test centres. The option can be found on SBI’s ‘Career’ website and will be available until the hall ticket is released. Please note that the SBI reserves the right to choose any centre other than the one chosen by the applicant. Admission to the online exam would be strictly conditional pending confirmation of the candidate’s document/eligibility.
SBI CBO Admit Card
The SBI CBO online exam call letter is available to applicants who have successfully applied for the SBI CBO exam. The SBI CBO hall ticket date has not been announced, but it is expected to be released by the fourth week of November. To obtain the SBI CBO Admit Card, applicants must first enter their ‘Registration Number’ and ‘Date of Birth.’ Applicants will not receive a hardcopy of their admit card in any form. To obtain the call letter, all eligible applicants must go to the official website. Following the completion of the online exam, the bank will release a list of potential applicants for the interview, along with a separate Interview Call Letter.
How do I get a copy of my SBI CBO Admit Card?
The Hall Ticket can be downloaded in the following steps.
- Visit the SBI’s official website at https://www.sbi.co.in for more information.
- When you get to work, go to the portal and type in your registration number and password.
- To obtain the Hall ticket, click on the download button.
SBI CBO 2023 Result
On the official website of SBI, the SBI CBO merit list will be published. The bank will release a list of shortlisted candidates based on the criteria it has set. Following the completion of the interview, the final merit list will be published in descending order based solely on the interview scores. The merit list will be compiled by state and category. To be considered for selection, candidates must achieve the SBI CBO cutoff score. In the event of a tie, candidates will be ranked in the merit order according to their age in descending order.
How do I find out what the CBO 2023 result is?
- Visit the SBI’s official website at https://www.sbi.co.in for more information.
- Join SBI from the menu bar.
- Select the current openings by clicking on them. The page for openings will be redirected to you.
- All of the openings will be listed, along with their outcomes.
- Click on the SBI CBO result to see the results.
SBI CBO Selection process
- The selection will be based on the shortlisting and interview. However, the Bank reserves the right to conduct written examinations. The simple fulfilment of minimum qualifications and experience does not entitle the applicant to an interview.
- The Bank’s Shortlisting Committee will determine the shortlisting criteria, and an appropriate candidates will be shortlisted and invited for an interview, as determined by the Bank. The bank’s decision to call the candidates for an interview is final. There will be no correspondence in this regard.
- The state-by-state and category-by-category merit lists will be created based on the total marks scored in the online exam. There will be no sectional cut-off and no wise sectional marks will be kept.
- For candidates counting up to 3 times (approximately) the State wise & Category wise vacancies according to an applicant scoring the necessary aggregate qualifying score, an interview from the top of the State wise & Category wise merit list will be required.
- The State-wise and Category-wise merit lists will be drawn on the basis of the interview score if an applicant scores the required qualification points in the interview (out of 100). Selection for each state and category will be made from the top of the above merit list, based on interview ranking.
- In order to be considered for final placement, the applicant must achieve a minimum qualifying score of 100 in the interview. Candidates who apply for an interview using the ‘OBC’ form should ask for an OBC certificate with the clause Non-Creamy Sheet.’
- Documents that must be brought with you to the interview.
- Identification card – Aadhar/PAN/Voter Id card with duly attested photograph/ Identity Card issued by a School or College Officer on official letterhead in original and self-attested photocopy
- Invitation to an interview
- The candidates who will be called for an interview will have their biometrics verified. For biometric verification, the bank will take a photo and thumb impressions.
- If the student’s documents are found to be false or fabricated. This type of applicant will be dealt with harshly.
SBI CBO Career Path
The chosen applicants will be labelled as “Circle Based Officers” (CBOs) after joining and will be on probation for six months.
During their probation period, CBOs will be evaluated on a regular basis to determine their suitability for confirmation. Applicants who pass their assessment according to the standards established by the Bank from time to time will be confirmed in the Bank’s Junior Management Grade Scale-I service (JMGS-I). If an applicant fails to meet the minimum requirements, his or her services may be terminated in accordance with the Bank’s current policy.
The selected officers will be in the general cadre and will be subject to the Bank’s general cadre officers’ promotion policy. Up until promotion to SMGS-IV Grade or 12 years of service, whichever comes first, the selected applicants will not be eligible for inter-circle transfer.
SBI CBO Salary
According to the official notification, the starting salary of a “Circle Based Officers” (CBOs) will be in the scale of JMGS-I (23700-980/7-30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020) at the start of the scale, i.e. 23,700/- plus one increment for each completed year of service rendered in officer cadre in the Scheduled Commercial Bank and Regional Rural Bank, as of 01.08.2020.
In addition, the official will be eligible for D.A., H.R.A./Lease rental, C.C.A., Medical, and other allowances and perquisites as determined by the rules in effect at the time.
Important Things To Remember About SBI CBO 2023
The following information is for applicants interested in appearing or applying for SBI CBO recruitment 2023.
- The SBI CBO 2023 exam is only open to applicants with a minimum of two years of experience as an Officer with a scheduled commercial bank or a private bank.
- Applicants can choose from a list of circles provided by the bank. This is one of the most appealing benefits, and once an applicant is chosen, they will not be transferred.
- Applicants for a regional circle must submit a marksheet from class 10 or 10+2 illustrating that they studied in the local language and are fluent in speaking and writing the circle’s regional language.
- The SBI CBO selection process consists of a written exam followed by an interview. The exam questions will be based on everyday bank operations, rules, and so on. After joining the bank, the applicant will be placed on a two-year probationary period.
- A written exam and an interview are part of the SBI CBO selection process. Exam questions will be based on common bank procedures, rules, and so on. The applicant will be placed on a two-year probationary period after joining the bank.
- Following selection, the applicant will be paid as an SBI CBO at the JMGS-I Officer scale (23700-980/7-30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020). The basic wage will include a variety of benefits, such as DA, HRA, lease accommodations, travel allowance, and so on.
SBI CBO FAQ’S
The schedule for the SBI CBO exam has yet to be released. It will be included in the SBI CBO 2023 Notification in the near future.
The State Bank of India has issued a notice of recruitment for Circle Based Officers. SBI CBO is an acronym that stands for SBI Circle Based Officer.
Circle Based Officers start at Rs. 23700/- per month, plus any applicable allowances and other benefits.
Yes. During a specific time window, SBI allows applicants to change their preferred test centres. To change exam centres, applicants must login with their ‘Registration Number’ and ‘Date of Birth.’