SBI PO Previous Year Question Paper: Each year, the State Bank of India publishes a recruiting notice for Probationary Officers. Those candidates who are preparing for the banking exams should do so properly. Previous year’s papers are quite helpful in preparing for the exam.
We provide SBI PO previous question paper pdfs for you today to help you with your study. The main advantage of using a past year’s paper is that it allows you to become acquainted with the exam format and the level of difficulty of the questions that are given We will give you with the SBI PO past year papers for the years 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 in this article.
SBI PO Previous Year Question Paper with Prelims/Mains Free PDF
Using the SBI PO past year question papers to prepare for the upcoming SBI PO Exams can be beneficial. The prelims exam lasts only 60 minutes, whereas the mains exam lasts 3 hours and 30 minutes. As a result, the major criteria with which applicants must be acquainted while taking the exam are speed and accuracy. You will improve your speed and accuracy by knowing what type of questions will be asked during the exam if you use previous year papers.
SBI PO Prelims and Mains Previous Papers (English)
|Year||Previous Papers||Answer Key|
SBI PO Prelims and Mains Previous Papers (Hindi)
|Year||Previous Papers Prelims||Previous Paper Mains|
How To Solve SBI PO Previous Year Papers?
When answering SBI PO previous year papers, aspirants should keep the following points in mind:
- Examine the whole set of SBI PO prior year papers to get a sense of the paper’s difficulty level.
- Begin with the sections and questions that you are most comfortable with.
- If you don’t know the solution to a question or it’s taking too long to solve it, skip it and move on to the next one.
- Go back and try to solve the remaining questions once you’ve tackled all of the ones you’re confident about.
- After you’ve finished the SBI PO previous year papers, make a list of the areas where you need to improve.
- Revise the topics that needed further work by going through the solutions and explanations for every question where you made a mistake or struggled to solve.
SBI PO Previous Year Papers: Benefits
Mastering SBI PO previous year exams PDF can assist applicants in understanding the key portions from which questions are asked, allowing them to develop a strategy to focus on those areas and improve their test performance. Applicants can consider the following advantages of practising prior year question papers:
- Examining past year SBI PO papers would help you comprehend the pattern.
- The SBI PO test pattern changes from time to time.
- Applicants will develop the finest tactics for successful test-taking skills by solving SBI PO previous year problems.
- Practicing papers can assist you in achieving success in the Prelims and Mains exams.
- Solving SBI PO previous year problems will provide you an understanding of the exam’s character, the level of complexity of the questions, and the types of problems that may arise.
- Applicants might improve their exam accuracy by solving prior year’s papers. There will be progress in weak areas with each try.
- Candidates will be able to solve complex problems without difficulty if they practise with question papers.
- By maintaining their speed through the exam, applicants will learn to manage their time.
- Candidates will be able to recognise their areas of strength and weakness.
SBI PO Selection Stages
The selection process for the SBI PO exam is three-tiered. To progress to the next level, applicants must complete each of the phases. The following are the stages involved in the selection of aspirants:
1st Stage: SBI PO Preliminary Exam
2nd Stage: SBI PO Main Exam
3rd Stage: Group Exercises and Interview
1. SBI PO Preliminary Exam
The SBI PO Preliminary exam is an objective type test that takes one hour to complete. The exam is divided into three portions, each with 100 questions and a maximum score of 100 marks. There is a negative marking of 0.25 for each incorrect answer. Applicants must meet the overall cut off marks for Prelims in order to qualify for the SBI PO prelims. The SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern is as follows:
|Sections||Total number of questions/Maximum marks|
2. SBI PO Mains Exam
There are two portions in the SBI PO Mains exam: Objective and Descriptive. The objective section is awarded 200 marks, whereas the descriptive section is 50 marks. Both of these exams can be completed online. On the same day as the objective examination, a descriptive test will be held immediately following the completion of the objective examination.
The SBI PO Mains objective test lasts three hours and is divided into four portions with a total of 200 marks. Every section of the objective examination has its own time limit. The following is the SBI PO Main exam pattern:
|Sections||Total number of questions/Maximum marks||Total time duration|
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||45/60||60 minutes or 1 hour|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||35/60||45 minutes|
|Banking/General/Economy Awareness||40/40||35 minutes|
|English Language||35/40||40 minutes|
The SBI PO descriptive test is worth 50 marks and lasts 30 minutes. This section, which consists of two sections: Letter Writing and Essay, assesses your ability to write in English.
3. Group Exercises and Interview
A merit list will be used to select candidates for the Group Exercises and Interview. The aggregate marks achieved in the Main Examination will be used to create a category-wise merit list. There will be no cut-off for sections. Candidates who score the minimum aggregate qualifying score will be shortlisted for the Group Exercise and Interview from the top of the category wise merit list, up to 3 times (approximately) of the category wise vacancies.
Group exercises will be worth 20 marks, and the interview will be worth 30 marks. Candidates who qualify for the Group Exercises and Interview under the ‘OBC’ category must produce an OBC certificate with the ‘Non-Creamy layer’ clause.
SBI PO Previous Year Question Papers FAQs
Can I download the SBI PO question paper in Hindi?
Yes, you can get a PDF of the SBI PO question paper in Hindi or English.
Do you provide SBI PO previous year question papers for Prelims and Mains Exam?
Yes, you will receive previous year’s SBI PO question papers for both the prelims and mains exams.
Does SBI PO have negative marking?
Yes, there is a 0.25 marks penalty for each incorrect response attempted by the applicant.
What are the benefits of solving previous year’s papers?
Exam patterns, types of questions asked, identifying strength and weakness, and developing test-taking abilities such as time management, accuracy, speed, and attempt strategy are all aided by previous year exams.
How many questions will be in the SBI PO Prelims exam?
The SBI PO Preliminary test will have 100 questions.
What is the difference between SBI PO Prelims and Mains exam?
SBI PO Prelims consists of three sections, whereas SBI PO Mains consists of four portions including a descriptive test. Solving prior year’s papers will aid candidates in developing efficient exam strategies.