South Indian Bank Clerk Recruitment 2023: South Indian Bank is a major commercial bank based in the Kerala city of Thrissur. Every year, it publishes a hiring process notice for PO and Clerk positions. For Clerk exam 2023, South Indian Bank will soon invite applications from all qualified candidates. All qualified applicants are eligible to apply for the Clerk position. All banking job seekers eagerly await the notification because it offers the opportunity to work in one of the country’s largest private sector banks, which offers both positions and benefits. For the Clerks position, there will be a single level online test.
It is critical for applicants to understand everything about the South Indian Bank 2023 recruitment in order to ace the PO and Clerk exam. This article would provide you with all of the essential knowledge about South Indian Bank Recruitment 2023, such as important dates, eligibility criteria, the application process, and admit card.
South Indian Bank Clerk Recruitment 2023 Highlights
|Conducted by||South Indian Bank|
|Post Name||Probationary Clerk|
|Job Location||Anywhere in India|
|Job Type||Private Sector Job|
South Indian Bank Clerk Recruitment 2023 Vacancy
The SIB Clerk vacancy list, as well as the comprehensive official notification for the year 2023, will be published. A total of 385 vacancies for the SIB Clerk position were released in the previous recruitment cycle. Around 400 vacancies are supposed to be announced this year as well.
|Zone||States Under the Zone||Number of Vacancies|
|North Zone||Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Goa, Jharkhand, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Odisha, Sikkim, Tripura, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, and West Bengal.||75|
|South Zone||Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Puducherry (UT), Tamil Nadu and Telangana||310|
South Indian Bank Clerk Recruitment 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Prior to actually beginning the South Indian Bank 2023 Clerk registration form filling procedure, the candidate must first confirm his or her eligibility according to South Indian Bank’s own guidelines. Failure to meet the eligibility requirements will result in the rejection of your application. So, take a look at the following criteria for the South Indian Bank Clerk exam:
- Age Limit
- Academic Qualification
- Language Proficiency
Probationary Clerk applicants must be at least 26 years old. SC/ST applicants, on the other hand, are given a 5-year grace period.
|Post Name||Age Limit|
|Probationary Clerk||General- 26 years|
For SC/ ST the Upper limit will be relaxed by 5 years
Applicants must be Indian citizens to apply for the position of Probationary Clerk. Applicants must be residents of Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and the Delhi NCR, including the National Capital Territory.
To apply for the position of South Indian Bank Clerk exam 2023, you must have completed SSLC/higher secondary school and graduated with a minimum of 60% marks from a recognised Board/University. The following points provide information on educational qualifications:
- Passed a recognised Board’s 10th standard or SSLC.
- Passed a recognised Board’s 12th standard or HSC.
- Graduation from a recognised university with a minimum of 60% in a regular course.
- Applicants who meet the aforementioned educational requirements can apply for the South Indian Bank Clerk exam in 2023. Applicants who have taken their Graduation Final Year/ Semester Examination and are awaiting results may apply for the position on the requirement that they produce proof of passing the Graduation (final year/ semester mark list/ Provisional Certificate) if called for Personal Interview.
- Applicants with a CGPA/ Grade equivalent of 60% or higher are also eligible to apply for the position of Probationary Clerk. The corresponding percentage should be mentioned at the time of application.
|Probationary Clerk||Passed 10th/12th/ 10+2+3 with minimum 60% of marks.|
Applicants should be fluent in the following languages in addition to English:
|Andhra Pradesh and Telangana||Telegu|
|JK Bank PO||Federal Bank PO||Bank of Baroda PO|
|Canara Bank PO||South Indian Bank PO||IDBI Executive|
SoSouth Indian Bank Clerk Recruitment 2023 Selection Process
The South Indian Clerk 2023 selection process will be divided into two stages:
- Online Test
- Personal Interview.
Applicants will be chosen based on their performance in the online test. Applicants will be contacted for a personal interview after passing the online test. The ultimate decision will be made based on the results of the online test and the personal interview.
How do I fill out the South Indian Bank Application Form for 2023?
The application process for the position of Probationary Clerk in 2023 will be conducted entirely online. The following points describe the application process:
- To begin, go to www.southindianbank.com, South Indian Bank’s official website.
- Second, go to the “Clerk Recruitment” link.
- Finally, select “New Registration” from the drop-down menu.
- Fourth, complete the information requested in the official documents.
- To proceed, save the information and click the Next button.
- Documents such as a scanned passport photo, signature, and left thumb impression can be uploaded.
- Enter information about yourself, such as your educational background, other qualifications, and work experience.
- Pay your application fees online using a debit/credit card, net banking, or other method.
- Finally, press the “Submit” button and print the page for future reference.
Hand Written Declaration: Handwriting the declaration on the application form is required. It needs to be written in all capitol letters.
|Hand Written Declaration||File Size: 50 KB-100 KB||Dimensions: 800*400 pixels|
Photograph: A passport-sized colour photograph is required. The photograph’s dimensions and size are listed in the table below:
|Photograph||20 KB-50 KB||200*230 pixels|
Left Thumb Impressions: On a white piece of paper, make the left thumb impressions. The ink should be black or blue in colour.
|Left Thumb Impressions||File Size: 20 kB-50 KB||Dimensions: 240*240 pixels||File Type: jpg/ jpeg|
South Indian Bank Clerk 2023 Application Fees
The registration fee for the South Indian Bank Clerk 2023 position must be paid online. The following are the application fees for various categories:
|Probationary Clerk||Rs. 600||Rs. 150||Rs. 150|
South Indian Bank Clerk Recruitment 2023 Syllabus
The following is a list of the South Indian Bank Exam curriculum for the position of Probationary Clerk. Students can download the Probationary Clerk syllabus from the South Indian Bank’s official website. The following table contains information about the subject and the topics:
|Reasoning||Analogy, Classification, Word Formation, Statement and Conclusions, Syllogism, Statement and Assumptions, Statement and Arguments, Coding and Decoding, Blood Relations, Passage and Conclusions, Alphabet Test, Series Test, Number Ranking and time sequence, Direction sense Test, Decision Making Test, Figure Series, Input/ output, Assertion and Reasoning, Sitting Arrangement, Odd figure out, Analogy, Miscellaneous Test.|
|Computer Knowledge||History of Computers, Basics of Hardware and Software, Windows Operating system, Basics of Internet, Terms and Services, Basic functionalities of MS Office, Networking and Communication, Database basics, Basics of hacking, Security tools and viruses.|
Synonyms, Homonyms, Antonyms, Spelling, word Formation, Idioms and Phrases, fill in the words, Grammar, Spotting Errors, Sentence Correction, Active/ Passive Voice, Phrases and Idioms, Direct and Indirect Speech, Reading Comprehension, Passage Completion, Theme Detection, Deriving Conclusion, Rearrangement of Passage.
|General Awareness||Banking Terms, Abbreviations and Economic terminologies, Overview of Indian Financial System, History of Indian Banking system, Recent Credit and Monetary Policies, Important Government Schemes on capital and money market, Introduction to National Finance Institutions like RBI, SEBI, IRDA, FSDC etc, Introduction to International Organizations like IMF World Bank, ADB, UN etc, Current affairs related to National and International issues of last six months.|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||Pie- Charts, Tables, Bar and Graphs, Line Charts, Mixed Data Interpretation, Missing Data Interpretation,|
South Indian Bank Clerk Recruitment 2023 Exam Pattern
There are two stages to the selection process for South Indian Bank Clerk 2023:
- Online Aptitude Test
- Personal Interview
South Indian Bank Clerk Online Test Pattern
South Indian Bank’s Online Aptitude Test is the bank’s first and only single-level online test. The Online Aptitude Test for South Indian Clerk 2023 Exam has a total number of questions, a maximum score, and a time limit for each section. English Language, Reasoning and Computer Aptitude, Data Analysis and Interpretation, and General Awareness are all part of the exam pattern. The Exam Pattern is explained in great detail in the table below:
|Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time allotted for each Test|
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||40||50||40 minutes|
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||50||20 minutes|
|English Language||40||50||40 minutes|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||40||50||40 minutes|
- Only the English language will be available as a medium of examination.
- 1/4 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
South Indian Bank Clerk Preparation Tips 2023
Follow these steps to effectively prepare for the South Indian Bank Clerk exam:
- One way to improve your preparation strategy is to use the Internet to solve Online Clerk Mock Tests and sample question papers on a regular basis. It will instil confidence in you when you take the actual exam.
- Learn about the South Indian Bank Clerk exam pattern, time limits, and negative marking scheme, among other things. Furthermore, before you begin studying, you should be aware of the entire syllabus as well as the nature of question papers from previous exams. Because South Indian Bank holds exams on a regular basis, you should definitely study the pattern and difficulty of its previous exams.
- You can estimate the expected cut-offs and difficulty by simply looking at previous years’ South Indian Bank question papers. Make sure you study the South Indian Bank Clerk Cut offs thoroughly before taking the exam so you can see where you need to improve your exam preparation.
- Because not all sections of the paper are equally weighted, you should prioritise the ones with the most points. Also, figure out your strong and weak sections to better understand and improve your exam preparation strategy.
South Indian Bank Clerk 2023 Exam Centres
The test will take place in a number of locations, all of which will be accessible via the internet. The following table contains a list of Probationary Clerk Exam Centers:
|States/ Union Territories/ NCR||Centres|
|Andhra Pradesh||Guntur, Hyderabad, Kakinada, Nellore, Rajahmundry, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Vishakhapatnam|
|Chandigarh||Chandigarh – Mohali|
|Chhattisgarh||Bhilai, Bilaspur, Raipur|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Anand, Gandhinagar, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
|Karnataka||Bengaluru, Hubli, Mangalore, Mysore, Shimoga, Udupi|
|Kerala||Alappuzha, Kannur, Kochi, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Indore, Ujjain|
|Maharashtra||Aurangabad, Kolhapur, Mumbai/Thane/Navi Mumbai, Nagpur, Nasik, Pune|
|Punjab||Amritsar, Jalandhar, Ludhiana|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Din Digul, Madurai, Nagercoil, Salem, Thanjavur, Tiruchirappalli, Tirunelveli, Vellore|
|Telangana||Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Warangal|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Allahabad, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut|
|West Bengal||Durgapur, Greater Kolkata, Howrah, Kolkata, Siliguri|
South Indian Bank Clerk Admit Card
The Hall Ticket for South Indian Bank Clerk 2023 can be downloaded from the South Indian Bank’s official website. The following steps will guide you through the process of downloading your Admit Card:
How to obtain a copy of the South Indian Bank Exam Admit Card 2023:
- To begin, go to South Indian Bank’s official website.
- Second, go to the home page and click on the South Indian Bank Admit Card link.
- Third, fill in the required information, such as the registration number and password.
- Finally, press the Login button.
- Finally, the screen will display the South Indian Bank Exam Admit Card 2023.
- Finally, obtain a copy of the South Indian Bank Admit Card.
Details Mentioned on South Indian Bank Admit Card:
The following details will be mentioned on South Indian Bank Admit Card:
- Gender (Male/Female).
- Name of the Aspirant.
- Applicant’s Photograph.
- Date of examination.
- Father’s Name.
- Instructions to follow during the Exam.
- Space for Candidate’s Signature.
- Date of Birth.
- Test Centre.
- Examination Centre Code.
- Space for Invigilator’s Signature.
South Indian Bank Clerk Result
Once the exam is conducted in all centres, the South Indian Bank Clerk result for 2023 will be revealed in 20- 25 days. The outcome will be announced on the internet. Applicants must login to the official site and enter details such as their Registration Number and Password in order to download the Probationary Clerk result.
How do I find out what my SIB Result is?
To find your South Indian Bank recruitment result, follow the instructions below:
- South Indian Bank’s official website is www.southindianbank.com.
- Select “Careers” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Probationary Clerks” from the drop-down menu (Based on the post you have applied).
- Select “Online Test Results” from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Submit” after entering the required information, such as the Registration Number, Roll Number, and Date of Birth.
- The names and roll numbers of the qualified applicants will show up in the form of a PDF in the South Indian Bank Result.
- Take a printout of the PDF file for future reference.
Applicants who achieve the minimum marks set by South Indian Bank will advance to the next round, which is a Group Discussion or Personal Interview, once the results are released. The final result will be announced after the Personal Interview, based on the applicants’ performance in all two rounds. South Indian Bank Recruitment applicants must serve a two-year probationary period as a South Indian Bank Probationary Officer.
South Indian Bank Clerk Cut Off
The following table shows the cut offs for various categories of South Indian Bank Clerk 2019:
South Indian Bank Clerk Salary
The pay scale for a South Indian Bank Clerk is listed in the table below, according to the national bipartite settlement:
|Name of the Post||Salary scale|
|Probationary Clerk||Rs. 11765- 655/3- 13730- 815/3- 16175- 980/4- 20095- 1145/7- 28110- 2120/1-30230- 1310/1- 31540|
Aside from the pay scale, applicants will be qualified for DA, HRA, and other allowances as per the rules.
South Indian Bank Clerk Probation Period
For the position of Clerk at South Indian Bank, the probation period is only six months. Only after the applicant has performed satisfactorily during the probation period will they be offered a confirmation letter.
South Indian Bank Clerk Job Profile:
The job description for a South Indian bank clerk contains the following:
- Handling customer complaints
- Maintaining daily transactions in the system
- Customer interaction
- Business development
- Cash deposits/ withdrawals
- Cheque verification
SIB Recruitment FAQ’S
Stay tuned for the announcement of the South Indian Bank Exam Date.
No, distance education candidates are not eligible to apply for the position of Probationary Clerk at South Indian Bank.
The chosen candidates will be on a 6-month probationary period.
Yes, for each incorrect answer, a quarter of a mark will be deducted.
Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, English Language, General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness, and Reasoning & Computer Aptitude are the subjects to study for the SIB exam 2023.
The SIB exam takes 140 minutes to complete.
In the case of SC/ST candidates, the upper age limit will be relaxed by 5 years.
The selection process for South Indian Bank Clerks is divided into two stages: an online test and a personal interview.