SSC JE exam stands for Staff Selection Commission Junior Engineer exam which is held by the SSC every year. Staff Selection Commission is responsible for conducting the SSC JE exam. Mainly this exam is conducted only for the engineering background students to get posted for various reputed posts in the various departments such as Central Public Works Department, Central Water Commission, National Technical Research Organisation, etc.
The SSC JE 2022 exam will be conducted online for Tier 1/Paper 1 while offline for Tier 2/ Paper 2. Paper 1 will be of objective type while Paper 2 will be of Conventional Type. The selection for the JE posts will be made on the aggregate marks secured in both papers. During the selection process, the eligible applicants will have to undergo through 2- years probation period and after this period they can serve as permanent Junior Engineers in the allotted department.
The notification for SSC JE 2022 exam will be released on October 2021, and the exam will be held from March 2022 as per the SSC exam calendar. To get all the updates and latest details about the SSC JE 2022, you have to follow your respective regional website or the official website of SSC. There you will find all the stuff linked to SSC JE important dates, exam syllabus, exam pattern, selection procedure, etc.
SSC JE 2022 Vacancies
The upcoming tentative vacancies for the SSC Junior Engineer exam of 2022 has been released by the commission. The branch wise and category wise distribution of vacancies are given below:
|Name of Post and Department||UR||OBC||ST||EWS||SC||Total|
|Junior Engineer(Electrical and Mechanical) – Border Road Organization Only Male candidates only||32||22||12||8||6||80|
|Junior Engineer(Electrical) -Central Public Works Department (CPWD)||23||14||7||5||3||52|
|Junior Engineer(Electrical) – M/o Defence (DGQA-NAVAL)||1||1||1||0||0||03|
|Junior Engineer(Mechanical) – Central Water Commission||2||2||0||0||0||04|
|Junior Engineer(Mechanical) – M/o Defence (DGQA-NAVAL)||1||2||0||1||1||05|
|Junior Engineer(Civil) – Border Road Organization Only Male candidates only||171||112||62||41||31||417|
|Junior Engineer(Civil) – Central Water Commission||20||14||8||5||3||50|
|Junior Engineer(Civil) – National Technical Research Organisation (NTRO)||2||1||0||0||0||03|
|Junior Engineer(Civil) – Central Public Works Department(CPWD)||113||71||40||27||20||273|
SSC JE 2022 Important Dates
|Notification of SSC JE released on||To be announced soon|
|Online Application starting date||To be announced soon|
|Last Date of Submission of Online Application form||To be announced soon|
|Last date for making an online payment||To be announced soon|
|Last date for making offline payment through challan||To be announced soon|
|Last Date of Generation of Offline Challan||To be announced soon|
|Exam dates of Tier 1||To be announced soon|
|Answer Key releasing date of Tier-1||To be announced soon|
|Declaration of the result of Tier-1||To be announced soon|
|Exam dates of Tier 2||To be announced soon|
|Declaration of the result of Tier-2||To be announced soon|
|Final Result Date of SSC JE||To be announced soon|
SSC JE 2022 Application Process
The application form of SSC JE 2022 will be filled online only from the official website/ regional website of SSC. The form filling process and all the prerequisites for filling SSC JE application form are given below:
Prerequisites for SSC JE 2022 Application Form
Before filling the application form, applicants should have ready with the following document in the mentioned format.
- Scanned image of applicant’s Signature with file size 1 KB -12 KB in JPG format.
- Scanned image of applicant’s recent passport size Photo with file size 2 KB-20 KB in JPG format.
- Must have a valid and active e-mail id and contact number.
- Must have a valid photo proof identity card.
Instructions to fill SSC JE Application Form 2022
- Type www.ssc.nic.in in the search box of your browser.
- After opening the website you will find the option for the New Registration and Log in form, here you have to click on it.
- Earlier if you have already registered on the website of SSC then you have to enter your past log-in details such as registration number and password. If you are going to apply for the first time then you should fill up the registration form first.
- After the registration/login you have to move to “Apply Now” and then start to fill in the Personal Details, Educational Qualification Details, Contact Details, etc as required.
- After that, you have to fill in your permanent communication details and then have to upload your photo and signature.
- After filling in all the details, you will have to preview your details before submitting the application form.
- After the submission of the online application form, you have to pay the required category wise application fee.
- Post submitting the application fee, your online SSC JE application form will be submitted successfully on the website of SSC.
- Once your application form will be submitted successfully, do not forget to take a hard copy of the filled application and fee submission receipt.
- The SSC JE 2022 application/ registration fee will be payable in online mode as well as offline mode.
- Applicants can pay their application fee through Credit card/ Debit/ Net Banking or E-Challan if applicable.
- No fee will be charged for female candidates.
|Category||SSC JE Application Fee|
|General category male candidates||RS 100|
|Women/ SC, ST, PH & Ex-Servicemen male candidates||No Fee|
|SSC CGL||SSC JHT||SSC CPO|
SSC JE 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The following eligibility criteria will be needed to fill the form of SSC JE 2022. Also, you can go through the information brochure available on the official website to get more information about eligibility.
|SSC JE Post||SSC JE Post||Educational Qualification|
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||CPWD||Diploma in Civil Engineering/ Bachelor in Engineering (Civil)/Bachelor in Technology (Civil) from a recognized Institute/ University.|
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||Department of Posts||3 years Diploma in Civil engineering/ Bachelor in Engineering (Civil) /Bachelor in Technology (Civil) from a recognized Institute/University.|
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||MES||3 years Diploma in Civil Engineering/Bachelor in Engineering (Civil)/ Bachelor in Technology (Civil) from a recognized Institute/University + work experience of 2 years in civil engineering.|
|Junior Engineer (Civil & Mechanical)||Central Water Commission||Diploma in Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering/ Bachelor in Engineering (Civil or Mechanical)/ Bachelor in Technology (Civil or Mechanical) from a recognized Institute/University.|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical)||Department of Posts||3 years Diploma in Electrical engineering/ Bachelor in Engineering (Electrical)/ Bachelor in Technology (Electrical) from a recognized Institute/University.|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical)||CPWD||Diploma in Electrical Engineering / Bachelor in Engineering (Electrical)/ Bachelor in Technology (Electrical) from a recognized Institute/University.|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical & Mechanical)||MES||3 years Diploma in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering / Bachelor in Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical)/ Bachelor in Technology (Electrical or Mechanical) from a recognized Institute/University + work experience of 2 years in electrical/mechanical engineering.|
|Junior Engineer (QS&C)||MES||3 years Diploma in Civil Engineering / Bachelor in Engineering (Civil)/ Bachelor in Technology (Civil) from a recognized Institute/University OR, Class XII Passed in Building and Quantity Surveying (Sub Divisional-II) from the Indian Institute of Surveyors.|
Age Limit Criteria
(As of 01st January 2022)
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||Military Engineer Services (MES)||Up to 30 years|
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||Farakka Barrage Project||Up to 30 years|
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||Border Road Organization||Up to 30 years|
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||Central Water and Power Research Station||Up to 30 years|
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||National Technical Research Organization (NTRO)||Up to 30 years|
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||Central Water Commission||Up to 32 years|
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||Central Public Works Department (CPWD)||Up to 32 years|
|Junior Engineer (Mechanical)||National Technical Research Organization (NTRO)||Up to 30 years|
|Junior Engineer (Mechanical)||Central Water and Power Research Station||Up to 30 years|
|Junior Engineer (Mechanical)||Directorate of Quality Assurance (Naval)||Up to 30 years|
|Junior Engineer (Mechanical)||Farakka Barrage Project||Up to 30 years|
|Junior Engineer (Mechanical)||Central Water Commission||Up to 32 years|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical)||Farakka Barrage Project||Up to 30 years|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical)||Central Water and Power Research Station||Up to 30 years|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical)||Directorate of Quality Assurance (Naval)||Up to 30 years|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical)||National Technical Research Organization (NTRO)||Up to 30 years|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical)||Central Public Works Department (CPWD)||Up to 32 years|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical & Mechanical)||Border Road Organization||Up to 30 years|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical and Mechanical)||Military Engineer Services (MES)||Up to 30 years|
Age Relaxation: The category wise age relaxation criteria is given below in the table as per the norms decided by the Government of India.
|Category||Age Limit Relaxation|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||3 years|
|Defense Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities|
with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and
released as a consequence thereof (General/ OBC)
|Ex-Servicemen (ESM)||03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age|
|Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|Defense Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities|
with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and
released as a consequence thereof (General/ OBC)
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||10 years|
|PwD + OBC||13 years|
|PwD + SC/ ST||15 years|
SSC JE 2022 Exam Pattern
The SSC JE pattern consists of 2 Papers. In which Paper 1 is of objective type, and Paper 2 is of conventional type. The duration for each paper is 2 hours.
Exam Pattern: Paper 1 (Objective Type)
SSC JE Tier 1 consists of a total of 200 questions each carrying one mark. SSC JE Tier I comprises of three sections, namely:
- General Awareness
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Engineering (Civil & Structural)/ General Engineering (Electrical)/ General Engineering (Mechanical)
|Mode||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Question Type||Objective Type|
|Total Marks||200 Marks|
|Negative Marking||Yes, 0.25 Marks|
|Timing (Date to be intimidated later)||Morning Shift (10:00 AM to 12:00 PM) Afternoon Shift (2:00 PM to 4:00 PM)|
|Sections||General Awareness General Intelligence & Reasoning Part- A General Engineering (Civil & Structural) Part- B General Engineering (Electrical) Part- C General Engineering (Mechanical)|
Section-wise Distribution of Marks
|Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Time Allotted|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50|
|General Engineering (Civil & Structural) OR, General Engineering (Electrical) OR, General Engineering (Mechanical)||100||100|
|Total||200 Questions||200 Marks||120 minutes (160 minutes for disable/Physically handicapped Candidates)|
- In the General Engineering section, every applicant has to attempt questions only from their respective branches either of Civil/ Mechanical/Electrical.
- If an applicant does not attempt the section of General Engineering in Paper-1 as per the given directions then his/her answer sheet will not be eligible anymore to be evaluated by the respective board.
- If the exam will be conducted in multiple shifts then normalization of marks will be taken place.
Exam Pattern: Paper 2 (Conventional Type)
To appear for paper 2, applicants first have to clear paper 1 with the qualifying marks decided by the authority.
|Mode||Offline (Written Exam)|
|Question Type||Conventional Type|
|Total Marks||300 Marks|
|Subject||Part- A General Engineering (Civil & Structural) Part- B General Engineering (Electrical) Part- C General Engineering (Mechanical)|
- Civil Engineering applicants who are going to appear for SSC JE must have to appear for Part A (Civil & Structural) and it is also applicable for other streams.
- All those applicants who will qualify for both the papers will get an opportunity to participate in the recruitment process, after the completion of the recruitment process the selected applicants shall be work under a probation period of 2 years.
- During this 2 years of the probation period, applicants shall have to undergo the training process as directed by the controlling Authority.
SSC JE 2022 Syllabus
Paper 1 of SSC JE is a screening exam while paper 2 of the same is a subjective exam related to core subjects of engineering.
SSC JE 2022 Syllabus: Paper 1
|General Awareness||Basic topics related to History, Geography, General Polity, Culture, Economic Scene, and Scientific Research, etc.|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||Basic topics related to Analogies, differences, similarities, space visualization, analysis, problem-solving, judgment, visual memory, discrimination, decision making, relationship concepts, observation, arithmetical reasoning, arithmetical number series, verbal and figure classification, etc.|
|General Engineering||Basic topics related to Civil and Structural Engineering/ Electrical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering.|
SSC JE 2022 Syllabus: Paper 2
The syllabus of Paper 2 of SSC JE consists of 3 core subjects namely, Civil & Structural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Electrical Engineering. The detailed syllabus of all three papers is available on the website of SSC. Applicants should have to download the syllabus of SSC JE in order to get familiar with the topics.
SSC JE 2022 Admit Card
The admit card for SSC JE will be available separately on the regional/ official website of the commission. Applicants will able to download it till one day prior to examination. In order to download the admit card, applicants will have to enter their Registration Id/ Registration No. and Password which were provided to them at the time of SSC JE registration.
Steps to Download Admit Card of SSC JE
- Step 1: Open your respective regional website/ official website of the Staff Selection Commission.
- Step 2: On the homepage, click on the appearing link of “SSC JE Admit Card”.
- Step 3: Now you have to enter the details such as Registration no./ Id and DoB/Password as required.
- Step 4: After entering the required details, the SSC JE admit card will appear on the redirected webpage.
- Step 5: It is necessary to take a printout of the admit card which you will have to carry along with the Aadhar Card and Passport Size Photo at the SSC JE exam center. Otherwise, your entry to the examination hall will be exempted.
SSC JE 202 Examination Center
The applicants will need to indicate the desired exam center/ centers while filling the application form of SSC JE. The exam center will be allotted to the applicants on a First Come-First Serve basis only. Following are the details of examination centers of SSC JE along with the exam center, exam code, and address of the regional websites:
|SSC Region and|
States/ UTs under
the jurisdiction of
|Examination Centers &|
|Address of the Regional|
|Central Region (CR)/|
Bihar and Uttar
Bareilly(3005), Gorakhpur(3007) ,
|Regional Director (CR),|
21-23, Lowther Road,
|Regional Director (NER),|
Road, P. O. Assam
and Kashmir and
Dodda (1009), Hamirpur(1202),
Shimla(1203), Bathinda (1401),
|Dy. Director (NWR),|
Block No. 3, Ground
Floor, Kendriya Sadan,
|Northern Region (NR)/|
NCT of Delhi,
|Regional Director (NR),|
Staff Selection Commission,
Block No. 12,
CGO Complex, Lodhi
Road, New Delhi-110003
Dadra and Nagar
Haveli, Daman and
Diu, Goa, Gujarat
Nagpur(7205), Nanded (7206),
|Regional Director (WR),|
The commission,1st Floor,
101, Maharshi Karve
|Southern Region (SR)/|
|Regional Director (SR),|
Commission, 2nd Floor, EVK
College Road, Chennai,
|Eastern Region (ER)/|
The Nicobar Islands,
Sikkim and West
(WB)(4403), Chinsurah (4405),
Sambalpur(4609), Port Blair (4802)
|Regional Director (ER),|
1st MSO Building,(8th
|Dy. Director (MPR),|
J-5, Anupam Nagar,
|Regional Director (KKR),|
The commission, 1st Floor,
“E” Wing, Kendriya
SSC JE 2022 Result
After few days of SSC JE Pre-exam/Paper 1, the commission will release the result for the same. The result for SSC JE will be released individually and independently for both the papers, Paper 1 and Paper 2. SSC JE 2022 result will be available on the official website of SSC i.e. www.ssc.nic.in. In order to check out the result, applicants have to enter their Roll No. and Password/Date of Birth.
How to Download SSC JE Result?
- Open the official webpage of Commission by typing ssc.nic.in in your browser.
- Now on the homepage, applicants have to click on the Result tab, and under the result tab, and click on the JE result link namely, “SSC JE Result”.
- Once you click on the link of SSC JE Result, a pdf file will appear there carrying the list of roll no. of passing candidates.
- To check the result quickly, click ctrl+ F and enter your roll no. in the empty box. It is also advisable to download the pdf of the result of SSC JE.
SSC JE 2022 Resolution of Tie Cases
In case, if after applying the normalization in tier 1, the aggregate score of tier 1 & tier 2 will coincide with two more applicants then one by one of the following criteria will be applied to decide the final rank of the applicants:
- Total marks obtained in SSC JE Tier-II Examination.
- Total marks obtained in SSC JE Tier I Examination.
- The date of birth of the applicants will be used to give preference to older applicants.
- In the last, the alphabetical order in which the first name of the applicants appears will be checked.
SSC JE 2022 Answer Key
The answer key of the SSC Junior Engineer exam 2022 will be published on the regional/ official website of the commission. The format of the answer key will be in pdf form. Applicants can check their answers to get an idea about their tentative score for the SSC JE exam.
Steps to Download Answer Key
- Firstly open the website of the commission. i.e. ssc.nic.in
- Now on the home page, you have to find the answer key tab and under that section select the option for SSC Junior Engineer Answer Key.
- A link will appear there at the bottom of the notice that will redirect you to the pdf of the answer key of SSC JE.
- Applicants will have to enter the required details such as their Roll Number, Password, and exam date on which they have appeared for the exam.
- After filling in these details, submit by clicking on the button, and then you will get the pdf of the answer key of the respective question paper.
SSC JE 2022 Cutoff
The cut-off marks are considered to be the minimum marks required to qualify for the exam. The SSC will release the cut off marks separately for both the Tiers, Tier 1 & Tier 2 on its official website. To get a rough idea about the cut off we have mentioned below the previous year cut off marks of 2018-19 for Paper 1/Tier 1.
|Category||Civil Engineering Cutoff||Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering Cutoff|
SSC JE 2022 Selection Process
For the recruitment of various Junior Engineering posts, SSC JE is conducted by the SSC to fulfill all the required JE posts in different departments. The selection of eligible engineers will be held through the final merit list prepared by the Commission on behalf of marks obtained in Paper 1/Tier 1 and Paper 2/ Tier 2.
All those applicants who will come under the final merit list prepared by the SSC shall have an opportunity to participate in the recruitment process. After this recruitment process, applicants will have to undergo a training 2- years probation period. During this period, applicants will have to show their dynamic skill and interest in their work and they will have to clear such examinations as per the requirement of the controlling authority.
After completing the probation period successfully, the applicants become permanent in the respective department for the posts they have been selected for as Junior Engineer.
SSC JE 2022 FAQs
What is the official website to apply for SSC JE 2022?
The official website to apply for SSC JE 2022 is www.ssc.nic.in.
What are the eligibility criteria for SSC JE 2022?
The eligibility criteria for SSC JE 2022 are different for differnet posts and departments. For more details about eligibility refer to the Eligibility criteria section of this article.
Can non-engineering students apply for SSC JE 2022?
No, students having engineering degree/ degrees can only apply for SSC JE 2022.
Is there any negative marking in SSC JE 2022 exam?
Yes. In paper 1, there will negative marking for every incorrect response.
Who conducts the SSC JE exam every year?
Every year, the Staff Selection Commission conducts the SSC JE exam.
What is the purpose of the SSC JE 2022 exam?
The purpose of the SSC JE exam is to recruit engineering students for various reputed posts in the various departments such as Central Public Works Department, Central Water Commission, National Technical Research Organisation, etc.
What is the selection process for SSC JE 2022 recruitment?
The selection process of eligible engineers will be held through the final merit list prepared by the Commission on behalf of marks obtained in Paper 1/Tier 1 and Paper 2/ Tier 2.