SSC MTS stands for Staff Selection Commission Multitasking Staff. SSC MTS is a nationwide exam conducted for those candidates who only have qualified class X but still want to serve in the government sector. The SSC MTS exam is conducted by Staff Selection Commision. Every year SSC conducts the MTS exam for various non -technical posts in the General Central Service for Group ‘C’ (Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial) posts under the Central Government of India.
The SSC MTS exam will be held in two stages, namely Paper 1 and Paper 2 where Paper 1 is objective type and Paper 2 is descriptive type. The selection of the candidates will be based on the marks obtained in the papers however Paper 2 is of qualifying nature only. The application form of SSC MTS will be accepted virtually, tentatively in February month. The examination will be held online for Paper 1 while offline for Paper 2. For the latest and updated informations about the MTS exam, it is highly recommended to follow the regional official website of SSC.
SSC MTS 2022 Notification
As per the SSC exam calendar schedule, the notification of the SSC MTS exam will tentatively be released in the month of February 2022. All the related informations regarding SSC MTS will be released with the release of official notification. It is expected that for this year, the SSC will recruit more than 8500+ candidates for the MTS (Non-Technical Posts). However the exact no. of vacancies will be released along with the official notification of SSC MTS.
SSC MTS 2022 Overview
|Name of Examination||Staff Selection Commission-Multi Tasking (Non-Technical) Staff Examination 2022|
|Acronym||SSC MTS 2022|
|Conducted By||Staff Selection Commission|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Purpose||Recruit eligible candidates for Group-C non-gazetted, non-ministerial posts|
|Level of Exam||National level|
|Exam Mode||Paper-I: Online (CBT) |
|Exam Duration||Paper -I: 1 hour 30 minutes |
Paper-II: 30 minutes
|Exam Language||Hindi/English/other regional languages|
SSC MTS 2022 Important Dates
Following dates are important for the SSC MTS exam. The dates given below are given as per the yearly SSC exam calendar.
|Releasing Date of SSC MTS Notification||To be Notified Soon|
|SSC MTS Online Registration/ Application Process starts from||To be Notified Soon|
|Last date of online fee payment||To be Notified Soon|
|Last date of offline fee payment through Challan||To be Notified Soon|
|SSC MTS Admit Card releasing date||To be Notified Soon|
|Exam date of SSC MTS: Paper 1||To be Notified Soon|
|Result date of SSC MTS: Paper 1||To be Notified Soon|
|Exam date of SSC MTS: Paper 2||To be Notified Soon|
|Result date of SSC MTS: Paper 2||To be Notified Soon|
SSC MTS 2022 No. of Vacancy
The no. of vacancies for the recruitment of SSC Multi Tasking Staff 2022 is yet to announced by the officials of SSC. But on average, it is expected that the approximate no. of vacancies for SSC MTS will be around 8500+ vacancies. However, the accurate no. of vacancies for SSC MTS 2022 will be announced officially after few days till then candidates have to visit the official website of SSC regularly.
SSC MTS 2022 Application Process
The application form of SSC MTS will start to fill tentatively in the month of February 2022. Before proceeding to the application form, candidates have to register themselves on the official website of SSC. Below is the step by step procedure of Registration, Application form filling process, Fee Payment, etc.
- Open the website – ssc.nic.in.
- Now go to the “Notice” section and search for “application form”.
- Here, some instructions will be given that you need to read.
- Candidates have to register themselves by giving all the correct details such as their Name, active contact No., valid email id, etc.
- Once you submit the registration form by filling in all the details, you will get an automated generated mail subjected to your credentials.
Filling SSC MTS 2022 Online Form
- Now candidates will have to log in to the system by entering details of their credentials i.e. Registration No., and Password.
- Now after login, fill the form with correct information such as Educational details of class X, Class XII or Graduation, etc. Complete the details of education related to class X, XII, and graduation (whatever is required).
- Now you have to mention your marks in percentage.
- Enter the Parent’s name and then from the drop-down, select a security question of your choice.
Uploading Photograph and Signature
- After filling the details section, candidates will have to upload their recent photograph (scanned copy) and signature (scanned copy).
- The file size of the Signature and Colored Photograph (with light background) should not exceed more than 20 kb & 50 kb respectively.
Payment of Application Fee
- The payment for the application fee will be done online as well as offline via Netbanking/BHIM UPI/credit/ debit card/ e-challan.
- The application will depend on the category of the candidates.
- After making the payment successful, the system will generate a confirmation message for you.
|General (Male)||INR 100|
|OBC (Male)||INR 100|
|EWS (Male)||INR 100|
|SSC Stenographer||SSC CHSL||SSC JE|
|SSC CGL||SSC JHT||SSC CPO|
SSC MTS 2022 Eligibility
The citizenship of the candidates should be an
- A Subject of Nepal/ Bhutan/ Tibetan Refugee
- Individuals of Indian Origin who have come from countries like Pakistan/ Afganistan/ Burma/Kenya/ Sri Lanka/ Tanzania/ Uganda/ Malawi/ Zambia/ Ethiopia/ Zaire/ Vietnam
To apply for SSC MTS the age of the eligible candidates should lie between 18-25 years old. Also, the candidates from reserved categories will get a relaxation in age up to 15 years depending upon the nature of the category. The relaxation provided will be as per the rules of the Government of India.
|PwD (SC/ST)||15 years|
|PwD (OBC)||13 years|
|PwD (Unreserved)||10 years|
|Defense Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (SC/ ST)||8 years|
|Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989||5 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (ESM)||03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on closing date of receipt of online application|
|Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.||3 years|
|Retrenched census employees of the office of Registrar General of India (They will be considered only for offices under RGI in their order of merit and subject to availability of vacancies )||3 years plus the length of service rendered by them in connection with census, before retrenchment and weightage of the past year.|
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried||Up to 35 years of age|
|Central Government Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications.||Up to 40 years of age|
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried (SC/ ST)||Up to 40 years of age|
|Service Clerks in the last year of their color service in the Armed Forces.||Up to 45 years of age|
|Central Government Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications. (SC/ ST)||Up to 45 years of age|
|Service Clerks in the last year of their color service in the Armed Forces (SC/ ST)||Up to 50 years|
- The candidates must have completed the class X from a recognized board/ institution.
- If a candidate does not have the qualifying certificate before the last date of submission of the application form then he/she will not be able to apply.
SSC MTS 2022 Exam Pattern
The latest pattern of SSC MTS comprises of two papers:
- Paper 1: Online (Computer Based Test)
- Paper 2: Offline (Pen-Paper Based)
Exam Pattern: Paper I
- Exam Mode: Online
- No. of Sections: 4
- Name of Sections:
- General English,
- General Intelligence & Reasoning,
- Numerical Aptitude,
- General Awareness.
- Type of Questions: MCQs
- Duration: 90 minutes (120 minutes for PwD Candidates)
- Marking Scheme:
- 1 mark will be awarded for every correct answer.
- 1/4th mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
Section-wise Distribution of Marks
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration of Exam|
|General Intelligence & reasoning||25||25|
|Total||100 Questions||100 Marks||1 Hr 30 min|
Exam Pattern: Paper-II
The exam pattern of paper 2 has been discussed below. Candidates will get the opportunity to sit in Paper 2, only if they have qualified the paper 1.
- Nature of Paper: Descriptive
- Exam Mode: Pen-Paper Based
- No. of Sections: 1
- Name of Section: One short essay/letter in English/any other language
- Duration: 30 minutes (40 minutes for PwD Candidates)
- Maximum Marks: 50 marks
- Language of Paper: Hindi/ English/ other languages (mentioned in the VIIIth Schedule of the Constitution.)
|Subject||Max. Marks||Duration of Exam|
|One short essay/letter in English/any other language included in the 8thschedule of the constitution.||50 marks||30 Minutes (40 minutes)|
SSC MTS 2022 Exam Syllabus
Syllabus: Paper 1
Paper 1 of SSC MTS has the following 4 sections, the syllabus of each of them are given below:
- Numerical Aptitude: Simplification, Interest, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion, Average, Problem on Ages, Speed, Distance and Time, Number Series, Profit and Loss, Number System, Time and Work, Mixture Problem, Geometry, Mensuration, Algebra, Trigonometry, DI
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: Analogy, Coding-Decoding, Word Formation, Venn Diagram, Direction/Distance, Missing Numbers, Blood Relation, Matrix, Non-Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning, Classification
- General English: Reading Comprehension, Phrases, and Idioms, Synonyms and Antonyms, One-word Substitution, Sentence Correction, Error Spotting, Spellings, Fill in the Blanks
- General Awareness: Science, Books, and Authors, Static GK, Current Affairs,
Syllabus: Paper 2
As per the job requirement of Group- C Post, testing the language skill is necessary. So in paper-2, the elementary skill test of language will be tested. In this paper, candidates have to write a short essay/ letter in English/ Hindi/or in another language as per the schedule of the constitution.
Paper- 2 is considered to be of qualifying nature. However, if normalized marks of two candidates in Paper-1 are the same then, in that case, the marks obtained in paper- 2 will decide the final merit.
SSC MTS 2022 Admit Card
The admit card will be released 30 days before the examination. The notification regarding the release of Admit card will be published on the official website (regional website) of SSC. To get an entry into the exam hall, it is mandatory to carry the SSC MTS admit card because all the important details which are useful for the exam are written on the admit card only.
How to Download SSC MTS?
- Open your regional website of SSC
- Now click on the link for SSC MTS (Non-Technical) Admit Card.
- After opening the link, fill in the required details such as Registration Id/ Registration no. and security code.
- After entering the required details, the candidate’s admit card will be appearing there on the monitor screen.
- Now read the informations printed on the admit card and if you notice any discrepancy in the details then immediately contact the official authority for the same.
- In the last, download the admit card and print a hard copy of it and then keep it safe for future references.
SSC MTS 2022 Answer Key
On the respective regional website of SSC, authorities will release the answer key for the SSC MTS exam of paper 1 after few days of examination. The answer key will be released in pdf form. In case of any incorrect answer in the answer key, candidates will have the right to challenge the answer by raising an objection. The answer key will help the candidates to get an idea about their approximate score for the SSC MTS exam.
SSC MTS 2022 Result
The SSC MTS 2022 result will be declared separately for both the papers on the regional website of SSC. Only those candidates will call for Paper 2 who have cleared paper 1 with appropriate marks. All those candidates who have qualified for Paper 1, as well as Paper 2 with appropriate marks, will receive an appointment letter by the authorities for the MTS post as per their rank.
How to Check Result?
- Open the website of SSC i.e. www.ssc.nic.in
- On the top right corner of the home page, you will find the Result section, click on it.
- Now after clicking on the result section, candidates have to choose their respective region and examination name i.e. SSC MTS.
- After following the above steps, The result of SSC MTS will appear on the screen in a PDF format.
- Now candidates have to save the pdf and download it for future references.
SSC MTS 2022 Cut off
The cut-off list will be published by the official authorities of SSC after the declaration of the SSC MTS result. The candidates who will clear the minimum cut off marks will be called for the next round of selection. The SSC MTS cut off will depend on various factors such as the difficulty level of the questions, no. of candidates who participated in the examination, reservation criteria, etc.
Here we have provided a previous year cut off list to get an idea about the SSC MTS latest cut off trends.
Previous Year Cut-off
|Gujarat, Dadar, and Nagar Haveli||62.00||45.00||57.50||57.50|
|Daman and Diu||62.00||45.00||45.00||45.00|
|Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry||84.00||78.50||72.75||72.75|
SSC MTS 2022 Selection Process
The selection of the candidates for the various post will be held in two stages:
- Paper I: Written Test
- Paper-II: Descriptive Test.
First of all, candidates have to appear for the Paper 1 of SSC MTS, once they qualify for paper 1 and clear the cut-off set by the authority then they will have to appear for Paper 2. After clearing paper 2, the final merit list will be prepared. On the basis of rank decided by the authorities in the final merit list candidates will call for a document verification process for various posts of MTS depending upon the rank of the candidates. After clearing the document verification process, candidates will be allotted to the respective post.
Required Documents at the time of Document Verification Process
- Passport Size Photographs
- Proof of Residence
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Proof of Identity (Pan Card, Aadhar Card, Voter ID, etc.)
- Qualification Certificates
- Category Certificate for the Reserved Category Candidates
SSC MTS Salary Details
The salary of a Multitasking Staff of SSC is around Rs.18000- Rs.22000 because the post of MTS is considered as a general service Group C (Non- Gazetted/Non-Ministerial post) under the central government.
SSC categorizes MTS pay structure based on the different categories of cities namely, X, Y, and Z depending on the type of city or location. The breakup of the MTS pay scale and provided allowances are given in the table below:
|Post||MTS(GP 1800)||MTS(GP 1800)||MTS(GP 1800)|
|DA on TA||0||0||0|
- The salary Structure of SSC MTS is based on the of 7th Pay Commission under the department of the central government.
- Allowances: The allowances provided besides of basic pay in the form of HRA (House Rental Allowance), DA (Dearness Allowance), TA (Traveling Allowance), and DA on TA (dearness allowance on traveling allowance), etc.
- Deductions: The deduction in the salary is due to avail schemes such as NPS (National Pension Scheme), CGEGIS (Central Government Employees General Insurance Scheme), and CGHS (Central Government Health Scheme).
SSC MTS 2022 FAQs
What is the official website to apply for SSC MTS?
The official website to apply for SSC MTS is www.ssc.nic.in.
What are the eligibility criteria for the SSC MTS posts?
Candidates aged between 18-25 years and who have qualified class X are eligible to apply for SSC MTS. The detailed eligibility criteria for the SSC MTS exam is discussed in the above section of Eligibility, you can refer to that section.
Who conducts the SSC MTS exam?
Staff Selection Commission conducts the SSC MTS exam.
What is the purpose of conducting the SSC MTS exam?
The purpose of conducting the SSC MTS exam is to recruit eligible candidates for Group-C non-gazetted, non-ministerial posts under the central government.
How many papers are there in the SSC MTS exam?
There are two papers in the SSC MTS exam, namely Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 is the objective type while Paper 2 is the descriptive type.
What is the selection procedure for SSC MTS posts?
The selection of the candidates for the various post of SSC MTS will be held in two stages:
- Paper I: Written Test
- Paper-II: Descriptive Test.
Candidates who qualify both the stages will call for a document verification process and after the successful verification, the post will be provided to the candidates depending on their rank.
Is there any negative marking scheme in the SSC MTS exam?
Yes, in paper I, there is a negative marking of 1/4th mark for an incorrect answer.
How many total questions will be asked in Paper I?
There will be a total of 100 questions in the paper I comprise of 100 marks.
Is there any technical post offered through the SSC MTS exam?
No, the SSC MTS exam is conducted to offer only non-technical and non-ministerial posts of Group C under the Central Government.