Territorial Army 2022: The Indian Territorial Act of 1920 established the Territorial Army, which was divided into two wings: “The Auxiliary Force” for Europeans and Anglo-Indians, and “The Indian Territorial Force” for Indian Volunteers. In 1948, the Territorial Army Act was passed, and the Territorial Army was formally inaugurated by the first Indian Governor General, Shri C Rajagopalachari. Every year, the TA Day Parade is held to commemorate the occasion.
Following the traditional regular army, the Territorial Army (TA) is the country’s secondary defense force. The Territorial Army’s current mission is to relieve the regular army of static duties and assist the civil administration in dealing with natural disasters and essential infrastructure maintenance. When the country’s security is threatened, the Territorial Army is called upon to keep vital services running.
It also serves as a source of units for the regular army when required. Officers and Junior Commissioned Officers are available to join the Territorial Army (JCO). The most important fact to remember about the Territorial Army is that it is a part-time commitment to serve the country. It isn’t a full-time job for anyone.
Every year, Territorial Army Officers are required to serve for 1-2 months. The Territorial Army currently has around 40,000 soldiers. The Territorial Army is made up of several different types of forces that help in various ways, such as:
- Infantry battalions,
- Ecological Task Forces,
- General Hospital Units,
- Home and Hearth Infantry,
- Air Defense Artillery,
- Railway Industrial Units, and many more
Territorial Army Exam Highlights
|Name of Exam||Territorial Army Officers|
|Organising Body||Territorial Army|
|Designation Posts||Territorial Army (Non-Departmental) for Civilians and Ex-Servicemen|
|Category of Exam||Graduation|
|Level of Exam||National|
|Facility of Exam||Civilians: Screening (Written exam and interview), SSB, Medical Board for final selection|
Ex-Servicemen: Interview only
|Duration of Exam||Civilians: Two hours|
|Type of Question||Civilians: Objective-type|
Territorial Army Exam 2022 Important Dates
It is essential for applicants who wish to take the exam to be aware of the exam dates. The official examination dates have yet to be announced by the authorities. We are, however, providing you with tentative dates for major events.
|Commencement of Registration||1 July 2022|
|Last Date of Registration||30 July 2022|
|Release of TA Admit Card||15 days before exam|
|Date of TA written Exam||25 September 2022|
|Time of Exam||4 Hours|
|Release of Result Date||October 2022|
|Date of PIB Interview||January 2023|
|Release of Result of PIB Interview||March 2023|
Territorial Army 2022 Notification
The Territorial Army 2022 Notification will include important details such as eligibility, exam centers, vacancies, and dates such as application start and end dates, fee payment procedures and due dates, admit card release dates, exam dates and timings, result dates, and other important rules and guidelines for aspirants.
Territorial Army 2022 Vacancies
The number of available positions is 12 for Male and 1 for Female. Every year, vacancies for male and female positions in the Territorial Army are announced in response to the organization’s recruitment needs.
Territorial Army 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The exam’s conducting authority determines the Territorial Army 2022 Eligibility Criteria. In order to apply for the exam, applicants must meet the Territorial Army 2022 eligibility requirements. The official notice has already been issued in this regard. You can learn more about Territorial Army 2022 by visiting their official website. No applicants will be allowed to take the exam unless they are properly qualified.
The eligibility for the Territorial Army 2022 Exam is determined by factors such as the student’s nationality, age, and educational qualifications, as well as physical standards and employment status. Before applying, applicants should read the eligibility requirements carefully. Applicants should review the following eligibility criteria for civilians and ex-civilians:
Territorial Army 2022 Eligibility Criteria for Civilians:
- Nationality: It is compulsory for the applicant to be an Indian National for applying for the Exam
- Age Limit: The age criteria for the applicant is that he has to be above 18 years and less than 42 years on the day of application.
- Educational Qualifications: The applicant must have completed his graduation from a recognised university.
- Physical Standards: For being in the Army your Physical and Mental Health matters atmost, hence the applicant has to be physically suitable during Training.
- Employment Status: The candidate must have a legitimate job..
Territorial Army 2022 Eligibility Criteria for Ex-servicemen
- Only ex-service officers between the ages of 18 and 42 are eligible to apply. A graduate with good mental and physical health is required.
- Regular Army/Navy/Air Force/Police/GREF/Para Military and other forces in-service personnel are not eligible.
Note: The criteria for selection into the Territorial Army for the year 2022 are also based on the Territorial Army Vacancy.
Territorial Army Application Process
The application form can be found on the Territorial Army’s official website, https://www.jointerritorialarmy.gov.in/. If you do not complete the form by the deadline, you will revoke the opportunity.
Documents required for Application of Territorial Army 2022
The online form available on the official website of the Territorial Army can be downloaded (free of cost). Then the following details and documents are needed:
- Post-matriculation certificates for all educational qualifications are required.
- A recent medical physical fitness certificate from a primary health care facility, a government hospital, or a registered MBBS doctor with the appropriate medical council.
- A copy of identity proof with photographs (Voter ID/PAN Card/Aadhar Card/Passport/Driving license, etc.).
- Domicile certificate or other proof of residence.
- Certificate of correct age (Matric/Senior Secondary mark sheet and certificate of date of birth verification).
- People employed in the Central Government/Union Territory/State/Semi-Government/Private Sector who have been authenticated by the Head of Office must bring their service certificate as well as a No Objection Certificate from the department in the format specified in the official form.
- Applicants who are self-employed must submit an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper of a minimum value, duly attested, detailing their employment and annual income. A photocopy of your PAN card and a self-attested character certificate must be attached to this.
- A copy of the Order of Release.
- A copy of the Release Medical Board proceedings.
- Income proof from the appropriate authority (i.e., Income Tax Revenue Department / Magistrate / Employer as applicable) is required.
- PAN (Permanent Account Number) Card Copies
- A copy of the candidate’s Aadhaar card is required for unique identification.
- A copy of all course certificates and reports.
- Papers of Discharge / Service-Specific Booklet
- As legitimate proof of your income, a copy of your most recent Income Tax Return (ITR) is required.
|Delhi Police||INET||Andhra Pradesh Police|
|Kerala Police||Chhattisgarh Police||Assam Police|
Territorial Army Exam Centers 2022
The test will take place in 17 different cities across India, as follows:
Territorial Army 2022 Selection Process
The TA posts job openings based on whether they are looking for male or female applicants. As previously stated, the selection process for civilian officers and ex-servicemen differs, as follows:
Officer Civilians Territorial Army Selection Process 2022
Step 1 – Screening stage (Written and Interview):
The screening process is the first step in the Territorial Army 2022 selection process. Following the completion of the application process, applicants will be shortlisted There are two types of exams in this category. The written exam will assess reasoning, elementary mathematics, general knowledge, and language retention. The interview round, which is conducted by the Preliminary Interview Board, is the second step (PIB)
Step 2 – Service Selection Board (SSB) examination:
Selected applicants will then undergo various tests conducted by SSB.
Step 3 – Medical Examination:
Selected applicants will then be subjected to a thorough health examination and medical examination of the physical body in accordance with Military Hospital standards.
Ex-servicemen Territorial Army Selection Process 2022
The Ex-Service Officers are screened by the Army Headquarters Selection Board (ASB) at Additional Directorate General Territorial Army. For final selection, the Ex-Service Officers are subjected to a medical examination at the Armed Forces Clinic, followed by a police verification.
Ex-servicemen were put to the test by the Army Headquarters Selection Board (ASB) at the Additional Directorate General Territorial Army, Integrated Headquarters of the Ministry of Defense, ‘L’ Block, Church Road, New Delhi – 110 001. After all of these procedures, the final step is to verify them.
Territorial Army 2022 Exam Pattern
Screening (written exam and interview), SSB, and medical board are all part of the Territorial Army exam for civilian recruitment. Ex-servicemen are selected solely on the basis of an interview. The written exam is divided into two parts: paper 1 and paper 2. The test carries a total of 200 points. In Elementary Mathematics, the standard of questions will be at the Class 10 level. Papers in other subjects will be of graduate-level quality.
This page contains information about the Territorial Army exam pattern 2022, including the number of sections, total marks, topic-wise distribution of questions, total marks, and marking scheme. Candidates taking the exam should familiarise themselves with the Territorial Army exam pattern in order to comprehend the exam’s overall structure. Following which it make t his national level exam divided into two parts for two different groups:
For Ex-servicemen -The Ex-servicemen will undergo only Interview round which will held at ASB.
For Civilians –
Applicants can apply online through the official website. After that, there are three stages to qualify one after the other:
- Screening stage (Written Exam and Preliminary Interview)
- Service Selection Board (SSB) interview
- Medical Examination of the physical standard by Military Hospital
- Exam Duration: Each paper is held for a duration of 2 hours.
- Exam Type: OMR-based paper means objective questions
- Civilians are the only ones who will take the written exam. Paper 1 and Paper 2 are the two papers. Each paper will be worth 100 marks. As a result, the entire written test is worth 200 marks.
- Each paper will be split into two sections. Each section of the paper will have 50 questions with a total of 50 marks (1 mark per question):
|Name of the sections||Marks per section||Marks per Paper||Total marks of the Written Exam|
Territorial Army Written Exam Syllabus
Paper 1 – Syllabus Reasoning and Elementary Mathematics
- Maximum Duration of Exam – 2 hours,
- Maximum Question – 50 + 50 = 100 questions
- Maximum Marks – 100
Tip for Paper 1: You can practice these types of questions from last year’s question papers, which are available on the official website, as well as many competitive exam books on the market. This part will seem very simple once you figure out the basic trick and formula for solving these MCQs.
Section 1: Reasoning Ability Syllabus
Any competitive exam requires you to answer reasoning questions. This section of the paper will also test the applicants’ non-verbal logical capacity by having them solve problems based on figures, statements, letters, patterns, diagrams, and so on. The purpose of this critical reasoning exam is to see if the applicants can come to logical conclusions. This is a skill that is useful in everyday life, so it is included in the exam. The following are the sections of the Logical Reasoning test:
|Logical Problems||Number Series|
|Analytical Reasoning||Cause and Effect|
|Statement and Conclusion||Verbal Classification|
|Logical Deduction||Data Interpretation|
|Letter and Symbol Series||Statement and Argument|
Section 2: Elementary Mathematics Syllabus
This section of the paper contains topics in mathematics from primary and secondary school. The applicants’ ability to solve problems and perform basic calculations will be tested at this elementary level of mathematics and aptitude.
|Number sense and numeration||Profit and Loss|
|Simple Equations||Problems on HCF and LCM|
|Elementary Number Theory||Ratio and Proportion|
|Time and Distances||Compound Interest|
|Average||Boats and cisterns|
Paper 2 Syllabus General Knowledge and English
- Maximum Duration of Exam – 2 hours,
- Maximum Question – 50 + 50 = 100 questions
- Maximum Marks – 100
Section 1: General Knowledge Syllabus
Mostly from standpoint of every exam, having a good understanding of general awareness has become essential. This section of the exam will assess the applicants’ knowledge of current events as well as their basic understanding of the social, economic, and political situations in India and the rest of the world. Keep up with current events by reading good English newspapers and watching informative news channels on a regular basis. This will also help you improve your reading, writing, and comprehension skills for the English paper.
|Countries and Capital||Static GK|
|International Events||Science and Technology|
|Literature- Famous Books and Authors||Fiscal and Monetary Awareness|
|Constitution of India||Inventions and Discoveries|
|Indian Geography||Famous days in History|
|Sports||Art and Culture|
Section 2: English Syllabus
The applicants’ basic knowledge of the English language, grammar, and comprehension skills will be tested in this section of the exam. This will include a working knowledge of basic English grammar and other basic language topics.
|Vocabulary||Fill in the blanks|
|Sentence corrections||Error Spotting|
|One-word substitutions||Spelling check|
|Idioms and Phrases||Sentence Completion|
|Active and Passive Voice||Sentence Arrangement|
Territorial Army Exam Pattern 2022 Marking Scheme
- Level of the Question paper-The paper’s mathematical questions will be at the matriculation level (i.e. 10th standard). The graduation level will serve as the standard of complexity for the other three sections (reasoning, general knowledge, and English).
- Application fee – The application fee for the Territorial Army services is Rs 200.
- Negative Marking – Yes, there is a negative marking scheme following an incorrect answer on the test. In addition, the applicant will receive one mark for each correct answer.
- Qualifying Marks – In each unit, the qualifying marks for the written exam of the Territorial Army are 40%. In addition, the total marks should be at least 50% on average.
The examination authority will use a marking scheme to calculate the scores of applicants in the written exam. The Territorial Army’s marking scheme is shown below.
- Applicants will receive negative marking as a penalty for each incorrect answer.
- When applicants correctly answer a question, they will receive one mark.
- Applicants must score 40% on each section of the Territorial Army written exam to qualify.
- The exam requires a minimum score of 50% to pass.
Territorial Army Books
The following are some of the books that aspirants can use to study for the Territorial Army Exam:
- Territorial Army Books for Elementary Mathematics
- Quantitative Aptitude by Sarvesh Verma
- Quantitative Aptitude for competitive exams by Abhijit Guha
- Quantitative Aptitude for competitive exams by RS Agarwal
Territorial Army Books for Reasoning
- A modern approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Agarwal
- A new approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by BS Sijwali and Indu Sijwali
- Shortcuts in Reasoning for competitive exams by Disha Experts
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
- How to crack test of Reasoning by Arihant
Territorial Army Books for English
- Objective General English by SP Bakshi
- Wren & Martin High School English Grammar and Composition
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman & Lewis
Territorial Army Books for General Knowledge
Applicants must read newspapers and magazines to keep up to date with current events in and around the world in order to improve their General Knowledge. The following books are recommended for the applicants:
- Quick General Knowledge with current affairs by Disha Publications
- Manorama Year Book 2022 by Mammen Mathew
- Arihant’s General Knowledge by Manohar Pandey
- Lucent’s General Knowledge by Binary Karna and SP Suman
- Pratiyogita Darpan
How to Prepare for the Exam?
Applicants who join the Territorial Army gain not only a good reputation but also a good salary and a variety of benefits. The Territorial Army is chosen based on two written exams, the PIB and the SSB. These exams are difficult to pass. Each level of the selection process requires a high level of preparation from the applicant. A few pointers on how to prepare for this exam are provided below.
- Know the exam pattern: The applicant should have a good understanding of the Territorial Army’s exam pattern. Paper 1 and paper 2 make up the Territorial exam paper. The exam has a total score of 100. Applicants can begin studying for the exam as soon as possible.
- Recognize the syllabus: The applicant should review the syllabus, which is crucial for exam preparation. The applicant must have a thorough understanding of the syllabus before beginning the preparation process. Applicants are advised to thoroughly review the syllabus; by doing so, they will gain an understanding of the most important and less important topics.
- Previous year question paper: Applicants are advised to review the previous year’s question papers for the Territorial Army. This will assist applicants in comprehending the exam pattern as well as the questions that will be asked.
- Create a schedule: Applicants should begin studying early in order to perform well on the exam. Applicants should devote time to the most challenging subjects. Applicants should create their own schedule based on their areas of interest, knowledge, and abilities.
- Regularly study: Applicants should devote at least 3 to 4 hours per day to exam preparation. Study in accordance with the schedule. It is critical to study on a regular basis in order to perform well on the exam.
Territorial Army Recruitment Salary
The Commission is granted in the rank of Lieutenant. Regular army officers receive the same pay, allowances, and benefits. Applicants can be promoted up to Lt Col if they meet the requirements. Depending on the requirement, officers commissioned in Infantry TA may be called to serve in the military for a longer period of time. The pension is not available to the applicants. The salary structure for candidates can be found below.
- Pension- Only Officers with 20 years of service and Junior Commissioned Officers (JCO) and other ranks with 15 years of service are eligible for a pension.
- Increment – After completing 365 days of physical service, an increment is done each time.
- Insurance Benefits – Employees of non-departmental TA units are eligible for insurance benefits and incentives.
The table below shows the salaries for various Territorial Army positions.
|Military Rank||Level||Pay Matrix||Service Pay|
|Lt Colonel||Level 12A||Rs.1,21,00-2,12,400/-||Rs.15,500/-|
The Territorial Army is responsible for the exam, and the official notification for the Territorial Army Exam 2022 has yet to be released. As soon as the official notification is released, the exam dates and admit card deadlines will be announced. Once the Territorial Army Exam admit card is available, you can download it from the official website by entering the registration number and password you were given at the time of registration. The Territorial Army 2022 Admit Card will include important information such as the exam date, the exam center and its address, the student’s personal information, and the time of the Territorial Army 2022 Exam. Applicants can follow the steps outlined below to obtain their admit card:
Steps to Download Territorial Army Admit Card
Step 1: Go to the official website and search for the admit card tab.
Step 2: Enter your application ID/username as well as your password.
Step 3: After submitting your credentials, you will be able to download your admit card.
Step 4: Save and print your admit card.
Step 5: Print the admit card and make multiple copies to be safe in case one is misplaced.
Details on the Territorial Army 2022 Admit Card
The Territorial Army 2022 Admit Card will include information about the exam, exam day, and the student’s information. The information on the Territorial Army 2022 Admit Card is listed below.
- Name of the applicants
- Scanned signature of the applicants
- Scanned photograph of the applicants
- Reporting time
- Exam Centre Address
- Date of the exam
- Time of the exam
- Roll number
Territorial Army Recruitment Answer Key 2022
Applicants benefit greatly from the answer key because it allows them to predict their scores well before the actual results are released. After the exam is completed, a link to the answer key will be posted on the official website. Two to three weeks after the exam, the official Territorial Army Exam answer key is released.
Steps to Download Territorial Army Answer Key
Step 1: Go to the official website and search for the Answer Key tab.
Step 2: On the screen, the Answer Key for various posts will be displayed.
Step 3: Select the correct answer key for the job you’ve applied for.
Step 4: Save and download the answer key.
Step 5: Print the Answer key, which will assist you in tallying your answers and calculating your grade.
Territorial Army 2022 Results
The Territorial Army result for the year 2022 will be available on the official website. The results are available on the official website for applicants. The roll numbers of the qualified candidates will be included in the Territorial Army result, which will be released in PDF format. The Preliminary Interview Board will select applicants for the interview based on the results of the written exam (PIB). The Territorial Army Group Headquarters will communicate the interview dates to the applicants separately. Applicants will be finalized after they have passed the Service Selection Board (SSB) and the Medical Board. Applicants are called to join as Civilians or Ex-Servicemen after final selection through Territorial Army recruitment.
How to download Territorial Army Result?
- Go to the official website for more information.
- On the home page, click the result link.
- Fill in your login information.
- The outcome will be displayed on the screen.
- Take a printout of the result after downloading it.
Details on the Territorial Army Result
The details on the scorecard of the Territorial Army result are as below.
- Name of the applicant
- Marks obtained in each section
- Total marks obtained
- Roll number
Territorial Army Contact Details
Applicants are instructed to contact the exam authorities if they have any problems during the Territorial Army exam process. Their doubts and questions will be answered by the Territorial Army exam officials. The Territorial Army exam authorities’ contact information is listed below.
Address: TA Group Headquarters, Southern Command, Pune-411001 Maharashtra.
Phone Number: 020-26880123, 7768002503
Email Address: [email protected] [for queries regarding the books and study material]
Phone Number: 9017516001 [for queries regarding the books and study material]
Official Website: www.jointerritorialarmy.gov.in/home/login
The above contact information is for the headquarters of the Territorial Army’s Southern Command. The Territorial Army has five other regions, and contact information for each can be found on the Territorial Army’s official website under the “Contact Us” section. Applicants can direct their questions to the appropriate regional command.
Territorial Army 2022 FAQs
When Territorial Army 2022 notification will be released?
The notification for the Territorial Army 2022 is expected to be released on May 5. Details such as eligibility criteria, application process, exam dates, exam pattern, salary, selection process, training, and so on will be included in the notification.
How do I submit the application for Territorial Army?
You must fill the application form for Territorial Army online. And then you must pay Rs 200 in application fees in order to submit the application form.
Does the notification for Territorial Army Officers released every year?
The notification is usually issued once a year, based on the number of openings. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it was not held last year.
What is the Territorial Army exam pattern?
The Territorial Army for Civilians exam consists of two papers. Paper 1 is made up of Reasoning and Elementary Maths, while Paper 2 is made up of General Knowledge and English. Each paper will be kept for two hours. Each section will consist of 50 questions and will be worth 50 marks.
What is the standard syllabus for Territorial Army?
In Territorial Army Elementary Mathematics, the papers will be of matriculation level. Papers in other subjects will be of graduate-level quality.
What are the qualifying marks for the Territorial Army written exam?
The Territorial Army written exam requires 40 percent in each section and a 50 percent overall average to qualify.
What is the marking scheme of the Territorial Army written exam?
Candidates should be aware that incorrect answers will result in a penalty. Candidates will receive one point for each correct answer.
What is the process of training in the Territorial Army?
In the first year of commission, selected candidates will receive one month of basic training. Every year, including the first year, they must attend a two-month annual training camp. Within the first two years, they must complete three months of post-commissioning training at the IMA in Dehradun.
What is the selection process of the Territorial Army?
The Territorial Army’s selection process includes a written exam and an interview, as well as an SSB and a Medical Board for final selection.
In how many cities Territorial Army exam is conducted?
The Territorial Army’s written exam will be held in 17 different cities. Candidates must specify their preferred exam centres when completing the application form.