The notification for the recruitment of Agricultural Officer 2022 will be released by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission soon. This recruitment will have around 360+ vacancies. The Exam pattern, eligibility criteria, syllabus, and other details can all be found here.
A written test precedes the physical fitness tests in the process of selection. This exam has two parts: a three-hour paper with 300 marks and a two-hour paper with 200 marks.
TNPSC Agricultural Officer Exam 2022: An Overview
Candidates should be aware of the following TNPSC Agricultural Officer Recruitment 2022 highlights:
|Exam Name||TNPSC Agricultural Officer Recruitment Exam|
|Level of Exam||State|
|Frequency of Exam||Once a year|
|Post Name||Agricultural Officer|
|Total Number of Vacancies||360+ Tentative|
|Examination Mode||Online & Physical Fitness Test|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours for Paper 1 |
2 hours for Paper 2
TNPSC Agricultural Officer Exam Dates 2022
Candidates must adhere to the exam dates set by TNPSC for Agricultural Officer Recruitment, which are listed below:
|Exam related Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Release of Notification||February|
|Application Start Date||February|
|Last date of Application||March|
|Admit Card Release||April 10, 2022|
|Exam Date||April 18, 2022|
|Result Announcement||September 22, 2022,|
TNPSC Agricultural Officer Application Process 2022
The following is a detailed step-by-step procedure for filling out the application form for the position of Agricultural Officer:
- Visit the TNPSC’s official website.
- TNPSC Agricultural Officer Recruitment 2022 is a link that flashes across the screen.
- Fill out the form completely, including the candidate’s name, father’s name, contact information, educational background, and other pertinent information.
- Upload all scanned documents, as well as a photograph and signature that meet the form’s requirements.
- Before pressing the submit button, double-check the information.
- After you’ve double-checked the information, submit the application form and you’ll be directed to the payment window.
- Pay the fees and obtain the application form.
- Save the application form for future use.
Exam fees can be paid online via net banking, credit/debit card, or e-challan at their local bank branch. The following are the fee details:
- One-Time Registration- 150
- Examination Fee- 200
|OPSC ASO||UPPSC Staff Nurse||WBPSC Instructor|
|NHPC JE||APSC CCE||UPPSC GIC Lecturer|
TNPSC Agricultural Officer Eligibility Criteria 2022
Before applying for the TNPSC Agricultural Officer exam, candidates must be aware of the eligibility requirements to avoid confusion during the selection process. They may be disqualified from the exam and face additional penalties if they do not meet the eligibility criteria. The detailed eligibility requirements for the position of Agricultural Officer are outlined below.
Candidates should be aware that those in the PWD category are eligible for a ten-year age relaxation. The age limit for TNPSC Agricultural Officer is determined by the following categories:
|Category Name||Maximum Age (as of 01.07.2022)|
|SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs, and DWs of all Communities||No Maximum age limit|
|Applicants not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, and BCMs||The age limit should not exceed 30 years (for persons holding a bachelor degree in Agriculture) Persons with a postgraduate degree in agriculture, such as M.Sc. (Agriculture) or PhD., should not be more than 32 years old.|
- Candidates must hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in agriculture from an Indian government-approved university.
- For the position of Agricultural Officer, the candidate must be fluent in Tamil
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- If a candidate has color blindness or does not have standard III vision, they may be disqualified.
TNPSC Agricultural Officer Syllabus 2022
To prepare well for the TNPSC Agricultural Officer exam, aspirants should familiarize themselves with the following syllabus:
TNPSC Agricultural Officer Syllabus Paper I
- Agricultural Marketing and Marketing Intelligence
- Seed Science and Technology
- Crop Management and Allied Agriculture Activities
- Fundamentals of Crop Production
- Crop Improvement
- Crop Protection Principles and Practices
- Agricultural Extension
- Farm Business and Finance Management
- Importance of Agriculture
- Natural Resource Management
TNPSC Agricultural Officer Syllabus Paper-II
- Indian Polity
- History, Culture, Heritage and Socio-Political Movements in Tamil Nadu
- History and Culture of India
- Current Events
- Geography of India
- Aptitude and Mental Ability
- Development Administration in Tamil Nadu
- General Science
- Indian National Movement
- Indian Economy
TNPSC Agricultural Officer Exam Pattern 2022
The exam will be conducted online and will be objective in nature. Paper I will be in English only, while paper II will be in both Tamil and English. All subjects in the TNPSC Agricultural Officer exam must be attempted. The exam pattern is provided below for students to familiarize themselves with and plan their exam preparation accordingly.
|Specifics||Paper 1||Paper 2||Interview and Records|
|Subject Name||Agriculture||General ScienceAptitude and Mental ability test||–|
|Total Number of Questions||200||100||–|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours||2 Hours||–|
|Paper||Subject Name||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|Paper 1||Agriculture||200||300||3 hours|
|Paper 2||General StudiesAptitude and Mental ability test||7525||200||2 hours|
|Interview and Records||–||–||75||–|
TNPSC Agricultural Officer Exam 2022: Preparation Plan
Exam Preparation Tips for TNPSC Agricultural Officer Exam 2022 are provided below.
- Because the TNPSC Agricultural Officer exam is subject-oriented, candidates must thoroughly review the TNPSC Agricultural Officer syllabus.
- The exam pattern is important for preparation because it indicates the importance of each topic based on the weighted average of the marks. As a result, it is critical to thoroughly review the exam pattern.
- Candidates should practice the TNPSC Agricultural Officer Previous Year Papers to familiarize themselves with the types of questions that will be asked in the examination and the types of questions that will be asked repeatedly.
- Finally, because the examination will also be conducted online, candidates must take online practice tests. The mock tests will familiarize you with the exam format so that you have no problems on exam day.
TNPSC Agricultural Officer Important Books
Here is a list of a few books that students should consider while preparing for their exams. Students, on the other hand, must seek out more ways to learn and cover all topics from a variety of sources. The following are some of the books:
|Book Name||Name of the Author or Publication|
|TNPSC Agricultural Officer (Extension) Exam Guide||Dr. V.Krishnasamy, V.V.K. Subburaj|
|TNPSC Agricultural Officer Examination Book 2018||T. Radhakrishnan|
|Objective Agriculture||Dr. S.R. Kantwa|
TNPSC Agricultural Officer Admit Card 2022
The TNPSC Agricultural Officer Exam Admit Card will be available shortly before the exam date. After downloading the admit card, candidates must double-check the information on it.
The Agricultural Officer admit card can be downloaded by following the steps outlined below:
- Go to TNPSC’s official website.
- TNPSC Agricultural Officer admit card can be obtained by clicking on the flashing link on the screen.
- For downloading the admit card, enter your login credentials.
- Examine the information and keep the Admit Card for future use.
TNPSC Agricultural Officer Answer Key 2022
TNPSC officials will post the answer key on their website shortly after the exam. Candidates can get the answer key and calculate their scores by downloading it. These are not, however, the final scores, and they may change after the final results are announced.
Only official sources should be used to obtain the answer key. Furthermore, if there is a discrepancy in the question paper, students can challenge the answer key. The steps to download the answer key for TNPSC Agricultural Officer exam 2022 are as follows:
- Visit the TNPSC’s official website.
- Click the recruitment tab.
- Click on Answer Keys, then on the drop-down menu to find the Objective Answer Keys option.
- A window will appear for each of the posts. Then look for Agricultural Officer and select Tentative or Final Answer Key.
TNPSC Agricultural Officer Exam CutOff 2022
The authorities will release the cut-off after the results are announced. The number of vacancies, the difficulty of the paper, the category of applicants, the number of applicants, and the performance of aspirants all factor into the TNPSC Agricultural Exam cut-off.
Students can also expect a close cut-off for this year’s exam. The following is the cut-off for TNPSC Agricultural Officer 2021:
|Category Name||Previous Year Cut-Off (2021)|
|SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/ DCs, BC(OBCM)s & BCMs||171|
TNPSC Agricultural Officer Results 2022
The results, in the form of a final merit list of the selected candidates, will be posted on TNPSC’s official website. The following are the steps for downloading the results:
- Visit the TNPSC’s official website.
- On the screen, select the recruitment option.
- Choose the the latest results option from the drop-down menu by clicking on the results option.
- Examine the Agricultural Officer position and select the final merit list.
- Search your name in the merit list PDF by pressing Ctrl + F. If your name appears on the list, you have been chosen.
TNPSC Agricultural Officer Exam Salary 2022
TNPSC Agricultural Officers earn an average monthly salary of Rs. 37,700. Depending on the grade, it can go up to Rs. 1,19,500 per month. The officers who are chosen are also eligible for a number of other benefits, including those listed below.
- Dearness allowance
- Professional development
- House rent allowance
- Post-retirement pension
- Housing benefits
- Travel allowance
- Increment and incentives
- Medical insurance
TNPSC Agricultural Officer Exam Expected Vacancy 2022
Candidates can expect a similar number of vacancies for this year’s recruitment based on last year’s notification release. Before applying for TNPSC Agricultural Officer Recruitment 2022, candidates should find out how many positions are available.
In the year 2021, there were 259 vacancies, and in 2022, there are expected to be 360+ (tentative), which may change depending on the requirements.
TNPSC Agricultural Officer Selection Process 2022
For the TNPSC AO Recruitment 2022, candidates will be chosen based on two stages of the selection process.
- Written Test
- Oral Test
TNPSC Agricultural Officer Recruitment 2022 is expected to have a total of 360+ vacancies. The Candidates must, however, check the official announcement for the specific number of vacancies available.
There are two papers, one of which is 3 hours long and the other of which is 2 hours long. The first paper is worth 300 marks, while the second is worth 200.
For the TNPSC Agricultural Officer, candidates are chosen through three stages: a written exam, a certificate verification, and an oral exam/interview.
Yes, there is a 70 mark interview as part of the TNPSC Agricultural Officer Recruitment Exam 2022. An oral test is what it’s called.
Agricultural Officers earn an average salary of Rs 37700 per month, which can be increased to Rs 119500 per month depending on their position. They are also eligible for a variety of other perks and benefits, such as travel reimbursements, housing benefits, and more.
There are no restrictions on how many times you can try. The TNPSC Agricultural Officer Exam can be applied for until the age limit is reached.