TNPSC DEO Recruitment 2022: The District Education Officer represents the educational sector in government. District Education Officers are gazetted officers in the Post “B” category who are recruited by each state’s State Public Service Commission (PSC).
TNPSC DEO (District Educational Officer) positions will be available in Tamil Nadu in 2022, according to the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission. Individuals who meet the qualifications for the position of District Educational Officer in the School Education Department can apply for direct recruitment.
TNPSC DEO Recruitment 2022: An Overview
The following are the exam details for the TNPSC DEO Recruitment 2022 exam:
|Exam Name||TNPSC DEO|
|Conducting Authority||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission|
|Level of Exam||State Level|
|Frequency of Exam||Once in a Year|
|Stages of Exam||Preliminary Exam|
Main Written Exam
|Language||English & Tamil Language|
|Name of the Post||District Educational Office|
|Fee for Registration||INR 150/-|
|Fee for Preliminary Examination||INR 100/-|
|Fee for Mains Written Examination||INR 200/-|
|Exam Help desk Number||044-69097777 044-25300336 044-25300337|
TNPSC DEO Exam Date 2022
TNPSC will soon issue an official announcement announcing the dates for the District Educational Officer exam. Interested candidates can now see the tentative exam dates based on the previous year’s exam dates.
|Exam related Events||Tentative Exam Dates|
|Date of notification||January|
|Application Start Date||January|
|Last date for the submission of the application||January|
|Preliminary Examination Date||March|
|Main Written Examination Date||July 2022|
|Preliminary Results Announcement||April 2022|
|Main Examination Results Announcement||October 2022|
|Certificate Verification & Oral Test||November 2022|
|Final Selection List||November 2022|
TNPSC DEO 2022 Application Process
Individuals will be required to fill out the application form accurately and promptly once the application process dates are announced and the portal is opened. Step-by-step instructions for applying online for the TNPSC District Educational Officer exam can be found here..
- Step 1: Visit the official website of the Commission.
- Step 2: The application for One-Time Registration, or OTR, is the first and most important step. Before applying for any exam, one must first register with the TNPSC database. A one-time fee of Rs. 150 is required for OTR. For the next five years, the Registration ID is valid.
- Step 3: Go to the Apply section of the website once you have a unique ID and password.
- Step 4: Look for TNPSC DEO Recruitment 2022.
- Step 5: Complete the form and submit all required documents, including photo ID, credentials, disability certificates (if applicable), caste certificates (if applicable), and so on.
- Step 6: Double-check the form for any errors or spelling errors. Accept the terms and proceed to the online payment.
- Step 7: Pay the application fee using any method that the applicant prefers.
- Step 8: After you’ve made your payment, take a printout of your application form and save it for future use.
Application Fee 2022
Candidates must pay a fee before submitting their application. Fees for candidates in various categories are listed in the table below:
|Important Details||Application Fee|
|Preliminary Examination Fee||INR 100/-|
|Mains Written Examination Fee||INR 200/-|
The application fee is waived for the following categories:
- Scheduled castes and scheduled tribes.
- Destitute widows
- Differently abled persons with 40% disability.
- Most backward castes, backward classes, and denotified communities.
|BFUHS Recruitment||MPSC RTO||KPSC Commercial Tax Officer|
|UKPSC Lower PCS||UPPSC Agriculture Service||KPSC Group C|
TNPSC DEO Eligibility Criteria 2022
To apply, each candidate must meet the TNPSC DEO Recruitment Eligibility requirements in terms of age, qualification, experience, and other factors.
The following are the TNPSC District Educational Officer Eligibility Criteria for applicants seeking to be District Educational Officers in the state of Tamil Nadu during the most recent recruitment cycle:
- For general category candidates, the maximum age limit is 30. A candidate who is older than of 30 years is not eligible to apply.
There are a few exceptions in the age criteria, as listed below.
|SC, ST, BC, Destitute widows||No Age Limit|
|Differently Abled Persons||Differently Abled Persons are eligible for an age concession of up to ten years beyond the prescribed maximum age limit.|
Ex-servicemen have a maximum age limit of 48 years.
Ex-servicemen applicants who have already been recruited to a class, service, or category will not be eligible for the above-mentioned age concession.
- The minimum educational requirement is a Master’s degree in any subject with a minimum of 50% marks, as well as a B.Ed or equivalent degree from a recognized Indian university.
- Must have completed Part I or Part II of an Intermediate or Pre-University Tamil course or a Higher Secondary Course in Tamil.
Candidates who do not belong to the SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs, or MBCs/DCs who have served in the State/Central Government for five years or more are not eligible, even if they are under the age limit.
A candidate should have a total of not less than 12 years of teaching experience in a recognized school after obtaining a B.T. or B.Ed. degree. This criterion applies to vacancies in recognized Aided Secondary and Higher Secondary Schools that need to be filled.
Certificate of Physical Fitness
Applicants chosen for the position will be required to submit a certificate of physical fitness in the following format:
|Standard of vision||Standard-III or better|
|Form of certificate of physical fitness||Form prescribed for Executive post|
TNPSC DEO Syllabus 2022
The TNPSC DEO 2022 syllabus covers the course material for both the preliminary and main written exams. Because this position has a high level of competition and few openings, candidates should cover all topics on the syllabus. The following is the syllabus for both the Preliminary and Mains Written Exams.
Prelims Exam Syllabus
The TNPSC DEO Preliminary Exam is an objective-based exam for combined civil services-I.
|Subject Name||Topics Covered|
|History and culture of India||
|Indian National Treatment||
|Aptitude & Mental Ability||
Mains Written Examination Syllabus
The main written examination for TNPSC DEO 2022 is a descriptive exam. Candidates who have passed the preliminary exam are eligible to take the written exam. The following is the TNPSC DEO 2022 syllabus.
|Paper Name||Subjects Covered|
|Paper I – General studies||
|Paper II – General studies||
|Paper III – Education (Degree Std.) B.Ed., Course||
TNPSC DEO Exam Pattern 2022
The TNPSC DEO exam is divided into two parts: the preliminary exam and the main written exam. Exam Patterns should be well-understood by candidates in order to prepare effectively for the exam. The following is the exam pattern for TNPSC DEO Prelims 2022:
|Nature of Questions||Objective-Based|
|Total Number of Questions||200|
|Maximum Marks||300 Marks|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
Exam Pattern for Mains Exam
The exam pattern for TNPSC DEO Mains is as follows:
|Specifics||Paper I||Paper II||Paper III|
|Subject Name||General Studies||General Studies||Course of B.Ed|
|Type of Questions||Descriptive||Descriptive||Objective|
|Total Number of Questions||200||200||200|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours||3 hours||3 hours|
TNPSC DEO Important Books
Applicants who want to pass the exam should be familiar with the following books, as they will help them prepare. The following is a list of recommended books for TNPSC DEO 2022:
|Book Name||Name of the Author|
|Indian and World Geography||Majid Husain|
|General Studies||Manohar Pandey|
|Indian Polity||M Laxmikanth|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||R.S Aggarwal and Abhijit Guha|
|Indian History and Culture||Allied Publications|
TNPSC DEO Admit Card 2022
TNPSC DEO admit cards will be available on the TNPSC website a week before the exam date. The TNPSC DEO Admit Card 2022 can be obtained by following the steps below:
- Step 1: Visit the TNPSC’s official website.
- Step 2: Go to the TNPSC main page and click on the Recruitment tab. From the drop-down menu, select Online Application Services and then Admit Card.
- Step 3: From the drop-down menu, choose TNPSC DEO Admit Card 2022.
- Step 4: Fill in your registration ID and password to gain access to the site.
- Step 5: Check the details on your hall ticket to avoid any inconsistencies.
- Step 6: Download and print the TNPSC DEO Hall Ticket.
TNPSC DEO Answer Key 2022
The TNPSC DEO Exam Answer Key will be available on the TNPSC’s official website. The steps for getting the answer key are as follows:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of the TNPSC.
- Step 2: Go to the homepage and search for the section titled “Answer Key.”
- Step 3: Search for the TNPSC DEO Answer Key 2022 link in the Answer Key section.
- Step 4: Download the answer key from the provided link for future reference.
TNPSC DEO Previous Year Cutoff Marks
. After the selection process is finished, TNPSC will announce the cut-off. The TNPSC DEO cut-off from previous years has been listed below for your convenience. An applicant should try to score higher than the cut-off in order to advance to the next round.
|Category Name||OC||SC, ST, DC, BCMs, BC, MBCs|
|Expected Cut-off Prelims||120||408|
|Expected Cut-off Mains||90||306|
Candidates can find out their TNPSC DEO Cut Off marks by following the steps below.
- Step 1: Visit the official website of the TNPSC.
- Step 2: Scroll down until you come to the Notifications section. Look for the link to the TNPSC DEO Cut-off Marks 2022. The Cut-off can also be found in the candidate’s corner of the official website.
- Step 3: Once you’ve found the link, simply click it. The PDF will appear on your screen.
- Step 4: Download the pdf file future reference.
TNPSC DEO 2022 Result 2022
On the TNPSC official website, the TNPSC DEO Exam Result 2022 will be available. The results can be obtained by following the procedures outlined below:
- Step 1: Go to the official website of the TNPSC.
- Step 2: Select the Results section from the Candidate’s Corner section of the web page.
- Step 3: Select TNPSC DEO Exam Result 2022 from the drop-down menu. Fill in your roll number and other information in the appropriate columns.
- Step 4: On your computer screen, your result will now appear. Click on The download to receive it.
- Step 5: Candidates can also print their results for future reference.
TNPSC DEO 2022 Salary Structure
The pay scale for TNPSC DEO positions ranges from Rs. 56900 to Rs. 180500 per month. Candidates’ TNPSC DEO salary, as well as their base pay and allowances, has been steadily increasing. The applicants will be eligible for raises once their probation period has ended. The TNPSC DEO remuneration is determined by TNPSC.
Every candidate recruited for the position of District Education Officer receives a fixed allowance as part of their TNPSC DEO salary package, in addition to the set compensation. There are TNPSC DEO payments such as Dearness Allowance, Fuel Expenses, Conveyance Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Foreign Travel, and others.
TNPSC DEO Vacancy 2022
The official announcement for the TNPSC DEO vacancy is accompanied by a TNPSC official notice. The vacancy for this position is based on the need for a District Education Officer in a specific Tamil Nadu district. Candidates should be aware that this position is highly selective and limited. Every year, there are fewer job openings.
TNPSC DEO Selection Process 2022
TNPSC DEO Recruitment 2022 will be conducted in three stages if the selection process outlined in the previous recruitment cycle’s notification is followed.
The paper is based on general awareness and is presented in a multiple-choice format, with 150 questions based on general knowledge and 50 questions based on mental ability. It is a 300-marks paper.
There are three papers in the exam. Paper I is a descriptive paper that is based on general awareness. Paper-II is a descriptive paper that focuses on current events and general knowledge. The third paper, paper III, is an objective type that is based on a B.Ed degree course. Each paper has a total of 300 marks.
The final and most important stage is an interview, which carries 120 marks and is an oral exam also referred as an interview.
TNPSC DEO FAQs
TNPSC DEO is the abbreviation for Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission District Educational Officer. In Tamil Nadu, the DEO is a civil service position.
The commission allows a total of four attempts for the TNPSC DEO Examination Post, subject to the applicant’s age criteria.
The examination will be held in offline mode in various cities throughout Tamil Nadu, with the exception of the main written examination, which will be held only in Chennai.
The pay scale for the TNPSC DEO 2022 job is between Rs. 56900 and Rs. 180500 per month.
The TNPSC DEO probation period is set by the commission’s decision, which will be made public soon.
Yes, previous year exam papers are available for free download on the commission’s website.