UGC NET 2022: Undergraduate Grants Commission National Eligibility Test 2022 is a National-Level exam and it is popularly known as UGC NET. Earlier, this exam was being conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) in offline mode but Now, this exam is conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency) in online mode i.e. Computer Based Test mode. This exam is conducted to offer JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) to eligible candidates to get admission to the Ph.D. program and to recruit the candidates as an Assistant Professor in Government Indian Institutes and Universities.
UGC NET or NTA UGC NET is conducted twice a year in the month of June and December. Generally, the registration opens from the month of March to appear for the UGC NET-June exam and the registration opens from the month of September to appear for the UGC NET- December exam. The application form for this test will be available in online mode and the examination will also be held in online mode.
Very soon, the official notification will be released in online mode for the July-2022 exam. To get all the latest information regarding this exam, the candidates are instructed to visit the official website regularly.
In this article, we have discussed all the information regarding the NTA UGC NET such as Important Dates, Application form filling procedure, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Important Books, Important Tips, and many more things so that to get all the information, candidates are requested to read the full article very carefully, till the end.
UGC NET 2022 Overview
|Name of Examination||University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test 2022|
|Popularly Known As||UGC NET or NTA UGC NET|
|Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam Level||National level|
|Periodicity||Twice in a year (June and December)|
|Conducting Purpose||To offer a Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professorship|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Online i.e. Computer-based Test|
|Medium of Examination||Bilingual i.e. both English and Hindi|
|UGC NET Helpdesk||8076535482, 7703859909|
|Official Website of NTA||www.ugcnet.nta.nic.in|
UGC NET 2022 Important Dates
Before filling the application form, candidates have to be updated about the important dates of releasing the Application form, Last date, Admit Card date, Result, etc. Here all the dates given below are tentative.
|Events||June 2022 Session|
|Releasing date of Official Notification||March 2022|
|Registration starts from||March 2022|
|Last date to submit the Application Form||April 2022|
|Last date to pay the Application Fee||April 2022|
|Online Form Correction Window open on||April 2022|
|Admit Card releasing dates||May 2022|
|UGC NET 2022 Exam Dates||
|Release of UGC NET Result||July 2022|
Note- All the dates, stated above are tentative and may change according to the situation. We will update the column of dates after the official commencement of dates. So stay tuned with us for the latest updates.
UGC NET 2022 Application Form
The application form will be filled in online mode on the official website of NTA. Interested candidates can fill the form by visiting the official website of NTA. Here we have given a step-by-step procedure to fill the application form.
- Apply for Online Registration
- Fill the Online Application Form
- Upload Scanned Photo and Signature
- Pay Examination Fee
Candidates are instructed to follow the following steps to avoid any kind of mistakes.
Step 1: UGC NET 2022 Registration Process
- First of all, go to the official website of NTA and click on the ‘Apply online’ link to fill the registration form.
- Now candidates need to enter their Personal details, Email ID, Mobile number, etc as required.
Step 2: Filling UGC NET 2022 Application Form
- After the registration process, the system will generate a provisional application number and password that will be sent on your email Id and mobile number.
- Now log in again, using the same credentials, and fill in all the required details such as personal details, academic details, communication details, category details, exam center, etc.
Step 3: Uploading Scanned Images
- Now, after filling the application form, candidates have to upload the scanned images of documents in the specified format given below.
|Size||4 kb – 30 kb||10 kb – 200 kb|
|Dimensions||3.5 cm X 1.5 cm||3.5 cm X 4.5 cm|
|Format||JPG/ JPEG||JPG/ JPEG|
Step 4: Pay UGC NET 2022 Application Fee
- The application fee will be filled in online mode using various payment methods such as debit card/ credit card/ net banking or Paytm, etc.
- After submitting the application fee, candidates are instructed to take a printout of the e-receipt.
|OBC (Non- Creamy Layer)||INR 500|
|SC/ ST||INR 250|
|CSIR UGC NET||NTSE||HPTET|
UGC NET 2022 Eligibility
- Candidates who have completed their PG degree or equivalent from any recognized university with at least 55% marks (50% for reserved categories) can apply.
- Final year students appearing in the PG degree course are also eligible to apply.
- The applicants who are Ph.D. degree holders and completed his post-graduation exam before September 1992 (irrespective of the date of declaration of result) can also apply and an additional relaxation of 5% in minimum marks will be provided.
- Assistant Professorship: There is no upper/maximum age limit boundation to apply for the UGC NET Lectureship/ Assistant Professorship.
- Junior Research Fellowship: The upper/maximum age limit boundation is of 30 years as of January 2022.
- However, the relaxation in age will be provided to reserved category candidates as per the norms of the government of India.
UGC NET 2022 Exam Pattern
Exam Mode: The entrance test will be conducted in Online mode i.e. Computer Based Test.
Number of Papers: In total, there will be two papers namely – Paper I and Paper-II.
Type of Questions: All the questions will be asked with multiple-choice. i.e. MCQ based.
Number of Questions: In Paper-I, there will be 50 questions while in Paper-II, there will be 100 questions. In total 150 questions will be there in the UGC NET exam.
Medium: The language of the question paper will be bilingual i.e. available in both English and Hindi language.
Total Marks: The total marks for the Paper 1 will be of 100 marks while for Paper-II will be of 200 marks. So the maximum marks for the UGC NET exam are of 300 marks.
Time Duration: The duration of Paper I will be of 1-hour duration while Paper II will be of 2 hours of duration.
Paper-wise Distribution of Marks-
|Paper||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
UGC NET 2022 Syllabus
The updated syllabus of NTA UGC NET consists of two papers namely, Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 examines the knowledge of teaching, research, quantitative aptitude, etc of the candidates while Paper 2 examines the subjective knowledge of the respective subject and it is different for all the subjects.
Syllabus: Paper 1
- Research Aptitude
- Teaching Aptitude
- Quantitative Aptitude
- People and Environment
- Reading Comprehension
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Data Interpretation
- Higher Education System: Governance, Polity, and Administration
Syllabus: Paper 2
The syllabus of Paper 2 consists of all the topics of the specific subjects chosen by the candidates at the time of filling the application form. And the syllabus of Paper 2 is different for all the candidates.
UGC NET 2022 Preparation Tips
Here we have given some important preparation tips, these tips are followed by the toppers and might help you definitely. If you follow these following tips then you can see a drastic change in your preparation journey because these tips will help you a lot and boost your preparation journey as well.
- Before starting the preparation, first of all, go to the official website of NTA UGC NET, and check the syllabus for the required subject for which you are going to appear in the exam. Do never forget to check the exam pattern and marking scheme of the UGC NET paper.
- Do start your preparation as early as possible, so that you will have a proper time to revise the whole syllabus at least twice.
- Prepare the fixed time table and do follow it very strictly, never procrastinate your work.
- Prepare two types of notes one for detailed information and the second one for only the main points and keep it short as possible as you can do.
- Revise the short notes regularly.
- The study material that you are following must from a standard source and should be useful in your preparation journey.
- Don’t go for various sources, also follow a maximum of two sources to avoid any confusion.
- Solve previous year questions, to get an idea about the important topics for examination purposes.
- Always do attempt the mock test of some coaching institutes because it will help you to examine your level of preparation.
- Do read this article carefully, to get all the information that is required for the NTA UGC NET.
Note: National Testing Agency also provides the free facility of Mock Tests to the interested candidates for both Paper 1 and Paper 2 on the official website nta.ac.in.
UGC NET 2022 Admit Card
The UGC NET admit card will be released in the month of May, tentatively. Candidates can download their admit cards by visiting the official website. Admit card is a necessary document and it should be carried out during the examination because without carrying the admit card, candidates will not be able to enter the examination hall.
The following information is mentioned on the admit card-
- Candidate’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Father Name
- Reporting Time
- Test Center
- Timing of Paper
- Application Number
- Candidate’s Signature
Steps to Download?
- First of all, go through the official website of UGC NET. i.e. www.ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
- Now find and click on the link i.e. “Click Here for Admit Card”.
- Now candidates have to log in with their “Application Number” & “Password”.
- After entering the details, a new window will open where the admit card will be displayed.
- Now, candidates can download the admit card and take a printout of it for further reference.
UGC NET 2022 Result
The candidates can download the result by visiting the official website. i.e.ugcnet.nta.nic.in. Candidates have to log in with registration no. and date of birth. Here we have given a step-by-step procedure to download the result.
How to Download UGC NET Result?
Step 1: First of all, Go to the official website of UGC NET.
Step 2: Now, find and click on the UGC NET 2022 Result on the menu bar.
Step 3: Now to download the result, enter your roll number or date of birth, date of exam, and captcha code.
Step 4: Finally, click on the ‘Submit’ button after clicking on the submit button your result will appear in the PDF format in the new window.
Step 5: Next, download the ‘Result’ and take a printout of the result for future reference.
UGC NET JRF and SRF Fellowship
|JRF||INR 31,000/ PM||For the initial two years|
|SRF||INR 35,000/PM||For remaining tenure|
|HRA||As per university rules||As per university rules|
UGC NET 2022 Cut off
As per the last trends, we have mentioned the cut off marks in percentage for various categories that you must have to meet to crack this exam.
|Category||Paper – I Minimum qualifying marks (in %)||Paper-II Minimum qualifying marks (in %)|
|OBC – NCL candidates||35%||35%|
Opportunities after clearing the UGC NET
- The candidates who shall qualify for the UGC NET exam with JRF shall be eligible to pursue research in the field of their interest and in the subject of their post-graduation.
- Depending on the merit or rank, various reputed universities, institutions, IITs, and other national organizations do select the interested UGC NET JRF holders for whole time research work.
- Those candidates, who shall qualify only UGC NET, not the JRF will also be eligible for the research work but they will not get any fellowship by the government, and also they can join as an Assistant Professor in any college or university.
UGC NET 2022 Recommended Books
To prepare well for the exam, candidates must have to follow the best books that will help them in their preparation and consequently, will score well. Here we have provided a list of some standard books that are recommended by toppers, if you read these books seriously then definitely it will going to help you a lot.
|Name of the Book||Publisher/ Author|
|UGC NET /JRF /SLET Teaching & Research Aptitude||Upkar Publishers|
|CBSE UGC NET: Teaching and Research Aptitude- JRF & Assistant Professor Exam Guide (Paper 1)||Ramesh Publishing House|
|13 Years Solved Papers UGC NET/SET Teaching & Research Aptitude General (Paper 1)||GK Publishing|
|UGC NET/ JRF/ SLET General Paper||Arihant Publisher|
|Trueman’s UGC NET/ SLET General Paper I||Danika Publishing Company|
|UGC NET/SET Paper 1||McGraw Hill Education|
|Trueman’s UGC NET Paper 1 (Hindi)||Trueman Publishers|
|UGC NET Teaching and Research Aptitude: Previous Paper & Test Papers||RPH|
|UGC NET/JRF/SLET General Paper 1- Shikshan Avum Shodh Abhiyogita||Arihant Publishers|
UGC NET 2022 FAQs
What is the official website of the NTA UGC NET?
The official website of the NTA UGC NET is www.ugcnet.nta.nic.in
Who conducts the UGC NET exam?
NTA i.e. National Testing Agency conducts the UGC NET exam.
If someone wants to apply for NET- Lecturership then what will be the maximum age limit to apply?
There is no maximum age limit required to apply for NET-Lecturership.
What is the prescribed format to upload the Signature and Passport Size Photo at the time of filling the application form?
The prescribed format to upload the signature and passport size photo is as follows:
|Size||4 kb – 30 kb||10 kb – 200 kb|
|Dimensions||3.5 cm X 1.5 cm||3.5 cm X 4.5 cm|
|Format||JPG/ JPEG||JPG/ JPEG|
What is the marking scheme for the UGC NET Paper?
Two marks will be rewarded for every correct answer and there will be no negative marking scheme for any incorrect answer.
What is the mode of application and examination?
The mode of application and examination is online for both the events.