The CBSE UGC NET 2022 Application Form will be available online starting April 30, 2022. The National Testing Agency conducts the University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test (UGC NET) or NTA-UGC-NET every year at the national level (NTA). The test will be used to determine candidates’ eligibility for Assistant professor only, Assistant professor, or Junior Research Fellowship (JSF) positions at Indian universities and colleges. We’ve covered everything you need to know about the UGC NET Application Form 2022 in this article.
The official website for the UGC NET application forms is https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/. Before May 20, 2022, interested and eligible candidates can register online, fill out the application form, and upload a scanned copy of a recent photograph, signature, and other educational certificates. Candidates must choose their preferred UGC NET exam locations. The application fee for candidates in the general category is Rs. 1000/-. The UGC NET admit card is available on the conducting body’s website. Applicants can solve previous year’s question papers to get a sense of the exam’s difficulty level.
UGC NET Exam Dates 2022
The UGC NET Exam application process for the merged December 2021 and June 2022 cycles has begun. Below are all of the important dates.
|Events||June 2021 Session (Tentative)||December 2021 Session|
|UGC NET application process start date||April 30, 2022||To Be Announced|
|UGC NET application process close date||May 20, 2022||To Be Announced|
|Application fee submission last date||May 20, 2022||To Be Announced|
|Correction in application form begins||May 21, 2022||To Be Announced|
|Form correction last date||May 23, 2022||To Be Announced|
|UGC NET Admit Card Release||to be announced||To Be Announced|
|UGC NET Exam Date||June 2022 (Tentative)||To Be Announced|
|Declaration of result||to be announced|
|UGC NET Result 2021||to be announced|
Pre-requisites of UGC NET Application Form 2022
- Person with Disability certificate (if applicable)
- Board/ Institution/ University Certificate
- Passport number/ Aadhaar Card Number/ Ration Card/ Voter ID card number and other Government ID
- Degree certificate of the qualification of the aspirants
- Valid email ID and mobile number
- Scanned image of photo and signature (in JPG format)
- Reservation/ Category certificate (if applicable)
- EWS (Economically Weaker Section) certificate (if applicable)
- Permanent and correspondence address with pin code
Specifications for Scanned Documents
Candidates must upload scanned documents that meet the requirements set forth by the authorities. The following are the specifics for each document.
- A recent passport-sized photograph taken against a light background is required.
- The signature must be written in blue or black ink on a white sheet of paper.
- On the day of the exam, the candidate’s signature must match the one on the answer sheet.
|Dimension||3.5 cm X 4.5 cm||3.5 cm X 1.5 cm|
|Format||JPG/ JPEG||JPG/ JPEG|
|Size||Between 10- 200 KB||Between 4KB- 30 KB|
UGC NET 2022 Application Fee
Every candidate’s application fee for the UGC NET is different. It varies depending on the student’s category. The application fees are listed below for each category.
|EWS/ OBC (NCL)||INR 500|
|SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender||INR 250|
UGC NET 2022 Application Process
To apply for UGC NET 2022, there are three major steps. Before beginning the registration process, candidates should review the UGC NET eligibility criteria. Following the steps outlined below, applicants can apply online.
Step 1: Register for the UGC NET in 2022.
- To apply for UGC NET 2022, new users must first register on the official website. Candidates can finish the registration process by providing the requested information.
- Candidates who have already registered can log in using their Application Number and Password.
- Candidates should read the Terms and Conditions before clicking on “Proceed Further.”
Step 2: Complete the UGC NET 2022 Application Form
- Candidates must fill out the online application form, which includes four preferences for exam centres, NET subjects, the PG level course, reservation category, and other information.
- After you’ve completed all of the fields, click the “Submit” button.
- Following submission, a Review Page appears, where candidates can review the information they provided. To submit the application form after verification, click the “Final Submit” button. The confirmation page should be saved by candidates.
- Following the submission of the form, an application number will be generated. The number must be saved because it is used to log in and for other purposes.
Step 3: Uploading Documents and Making Payment for the Application
Candidates must submit scanned documents as well as pay the application fee. The payment information is listed below.
- Candidates will be directed to the fee payment portal after uploading their documents.
- Candidates can only pay their UGC NET registration fees online.
- The fees can be paid using SBI/ Syndicate/ HDFC/ ICICI bank debit/ credit cards, net banking, Paytm, or UPI.
- Candidates must save four copies of their completed application form and fee payment e-receipt.
- While applying for the UGC NET 2022 Exam, candidates should keep the following points in mind.
- They must choose whether they want to be an Assistant Professor, a Junior Research Fellow, or both. Before making a decision, they should review the NTA NET exam pattern for both papers.
- They must also choose one of the 81 specialisations available to them. The authorities also make available a detailed UGC NET syllabus for each subject for aspirants to review.
- They must select four cities from a total of 224 for the test to take place.
- They can select their preferred reservation category from a drop-down menu.
- Select a password as well as a security question and answer that will be used in all future correspondence.
- Under no circumstances will NTA consider a request for a refund of a fee that has already been paid.
- The entire UGC NET June 2022 application process is done online, including uploading scanned images, paying fees, and printing confirmation pages. As a result, candidates will not be required to send/submit any document(s) to NTA via postal mail, fax, or hand.
- Candidates are encouraged to check the NTA website frequently for the most up-to-date information on the exam, answer keys, merit list, and other topics.
UGC NET 2022 Application Correction
After the application process is completed, NTA offers a UGC NET Application Form Correction service.
- Only the official website – ugcnet.nta.nic.in – offers the ability to correct application forms online.
- Candidates whose application forms need to be corrected receive an email and a text message.
- Only certain fields, such as name, parents’ names, date of birth, contact address, category, gender, exam centre preference, scanned photo and signature, are editable.
- Candidates must upload supporting documents and pay the required fees to attest to the edits made (if any).
Steps to Correct the UGC NET Application Form
- Candidates must go to the exam’s official website, ugc.nta.nic.in.
- The option to correct the application form must be selected.
- Candidates must enter their application number and password to log in.
- Before they click the ‘I agree’ checkbox, they should carefully read the instructions.
- Then they must press the ‘Proceed’ button.
- They will have access to the application form and will be able to make the necessary changes.
- After that, they must click the ‘Submit’ button.
- Finally, they must go over all of the details once more, check the box at the bottom of the page, and submit the form.
- Finally, they should print a copy of the revised confirmation page for future reference.
Candidates must become very serious about their preparations once the CBSE UGC NET 2022 Applications are filled. All aspirants must have strong and smart preparation strategies in order to pass the exam and receive a good UGC NET result.
UGC NET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The following are the complete requirements for the UGC NET 2022 Exam:
Qualification: The candidate must hold a Master’s degree from a recognised institution in the prescribed fields.
Marks: To be eligible for the exam, candidates must have received at least 55 percent of the possible marks, with 50 percent for OBC/ ST/ SC/ PwD/ Transgender candidates.
Age limit: Candidates applying for JRF must be at least 31 years old as of June 1, 2022, though there will be no age limit for Assistant Professor exams.
CBSE UGC NET 2022 FAQs
The UGC NET 2022 exam covers 81 subjects in total.
Age is not a barrier to applying for the Assistant Professor position. Applicants for the JRF position, on the other hand, must be at least 31 years old.
The UGC NET exam for the June 2022 cycle is scheduled to start in March 2022.