CDS Selection Process: The CDS I 2022 exam will take place on April 10, 2022. Within two weeks of the written exam result, all candidates who pass the exam must register online at joinindianarmy.nic.in on the Indian Army’s recruitment website. Candidates will then be assigned Selection Centers and SSB Interview Dates.
Every candidate taking the Combined Defence Service Examination 2022 must understand the CDS Selection Process 2022. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) holds a CDS exam to choose talented and skilled candidates for positions as officers in the Indian Army, Air Force, and Navy.
Selection Process for CDS Exam 2022
CDS Selection Process 2022 includes two stages:
- Written exam
- SSB interview
Each stage of the CDS exam is significant. To progress to the written round, candidates must pass three papers. Following that, candidates who pass the written exam will be invited to the SSB Interview.
During the interview round, the selection committee will assess the candidates’ personality, intelligence, and psychological aptitude. To be selected for CDS 2022, candidates must pass both stages of the selection process.
The final candidates will be invited to INA Ezhimala, IMA Dehradun, OTA Chennai, and AFA Hyderabad for training.
Stage 1: Written Examination
The Combined Defence Service Examination, according to the CDS Exam Pattern 2022, consists of three papers: English, Elementary Mathematics, and General Knowledge. To be admitted to the Naval, Military, and Air Force Academies, applicants must pass all three exams.
Applicants who successfully complete the application form will be eligible to take the written exam. If a candidate wishes to enrol in the Officers’ Training Academy, he or she must take only two papers: General Knowledge and English.
The CDS 2022 exam contains objective-type MCQs, according to the most recent CDS paper 1 exam pattern. Each candidate will have two hours to complete each paper. To complete the CDS Selection Process 2022, the selection committee will conduct an SSB interview.
But keep in mind that only those applicants who pass stage 1 will be invited to the interview.
Stage 2: SSB Interview
Following stage 1, you must attend the SSB Interview, which will last 5 days and will test the candidates’ intelligence, personality, and a variety of other characteristics. There are two stages to these tests as well.
- Psychological aptitude tests includes Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) Test, Picture Perception and Description Test.
- Intelligence Test includes Group Testing Officer Tasks, Conference and Psychological Examination.
Only those who qualified in the first round will be allowed to compete in the second round. Candidates who pass the SSB Interview will be eligible for OTA and Forces admission. For your convenience, we have listed the test schedule by day below.
Officer Intelligence Rating Test is the first step in the CDS Interview 2022 Stage 2 selection process. The test is divided into two sections: verbal reasoning and nonverbal reasoning. Candidates must answer 55-60 questions from both sections combined in this test.
Picture Perception and Description Test tests candidates’ memory retention as well as their comprehension abilities. This screening test is fun to take because candidates have only 30 seconds to look at a hazy image and then have to explain it in three minutes.
Daywise Interview Schedule For CDS Exam 2022
|Day 1||Reporting, Filling of forms then heading for Picture Perception and Description Test (PPDT).|
|Day 2||Psychological Test including TAT (Thematic Appreciation Test), WAT (Word Association Test), SRT (Situation Reaction Test). SD (Self- Description).|
|Day 3||Group Tasks are the most important part of the CDS Interview, as candidates must demonstrate their physical and mental abilities. These tasks are also used to assess Officer Like Qualities. Group Discussion, Military Planning Exercise, Progressive Group Task, Group Obstacle Race, and Half Group Task are among the tasks assigned to candidates.|
|Day 4||Individual Obstacle Task (IOT), Command Task, Final Group Task (FGT), Personal Interview and Individual Lecturette.|
|Day 5||Attending Conference and Document Verification Procedure|
- Requests for an interview postponement will be considered only in exceptional circumstances. If it is more convenient, Army headquarters/Air Headquarters/Naval Headquarters will be the sole deciding authority. Such requests should be sent to the Selection Centre/from which the interview invitation was received.
- Three weeks after the CDS 2022 results are announced, navy candidates can download their call up letters from the naval website www.nausena-bharti.nic.in or send an email to officer-navy”nic.in.
Note: If a qualified applicant does not get the interview call letter before the date then applicant should write to-
Army HQ/Rtg. (CDSE Entry/ SSC Women Entry for Officers Training Academy)
175, West Block-III
Ramakrishnapuram, New Delhi- 110066
OR immediately contact on telephone No. 26176028
For similar query by the Navy/Air Force candidates, having first choice should write to Naval HQ or Air HQ (in case of non-receipt of call letter).
Process After CDS 2022 Interview
Following the completion of the CDS 2022 interview process, the candidate is verified, which includes document verification. Candidates who pass the interview must bring their original documents, as well as two self-attested copies, to the SSC (Services Selection Center) after the interview. The following is a list of documents that must be brought with you during the selection process.
After the verification, the original certificates will be returned. In any case, certified true copies or photostat copies of the certificates will not be accepted.
- Proof of Residence
- Category Certificate for the Reserved Category Candidates
- Proof of Identity (Pan Card, Aadhar Card, Voter ID, etc.)
- Qualification Certificates
- Passport Size Photographs
- Birth Certificate
The last but most crucial step is the medical examination. This step is used to determine whether the selected candidate is physically capable of serving in the officer cadre. This confirmation is required. You must complete all verification procedures before being considered for final employment.
Communication Address Change
Selected candidates who have changed their communication address as stated on the CDS 2022 Application Form should notify the new address as soon as the CDS 2022 result is announced. Candidates must send their notification to the following address, along with a stamped self-addressed envelope:
- For IMA/SSC as the first choice
A.G’s Branch, Rtg. (CDSE Entry Section for males & SSC Women Entry Section for women candidates)
West Block-III, Ground Floor, Wing 1,
Ramakrishnapuram, New Delhi-110066
- For Navy as the first choice
IHQ of MOD (Navy) DMPR (OI&R Section),
Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing,
Sena Bhawan, New Delhi-110011
- For Air Force as the first choice
PO 3 (A) Air HQS. ‘J’ Block,
Room No. 17, Opp. Vayu Bhawan,
Motilal Nehru Marg, New Delhi-110011
Candidates can visit the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in for any questions about the CDS 2022 selection process, including centre allocation, interview dates, merit lists, joining instructions, and other relevant information. If candidates have IMA or OTA as their first choice, they can contact the Recruiting Directorate at 011-26173215 and 011-26196205 between 2 PM and 5 PM on all working days.
Criteria For Disqualification
- Candidates who were admitted to the Indian Military Academy, Air Force Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai, but were removed due to objectionable behaviour will not be considered for admission to the Indian Military Academy, Air Force Academy, Indian Naval Academy, or for a Short Service Commission in the Army.
- Candidates who have been withdrawn from the Indian Military Academy due to a lack of Officer-Like Qualities (OLQ) will not be allowed to reapply.
- Candidates who were previously selected as Special Entry Naval Cadets but were subsequently withdrawn from the National Defence Academy or the Naval Training Establishments due to a lack of Officer-like qualities will be ineligible for admission to the Indian Navy Academy.
- Candidates who dropped out of the Indian Military Academy (IMA), Officer Training Academy (OTA), National Cadet Corps (NCC), or Graduate course due to a lack of officer-like qualities will not be considered for a Short Service Commission in the Army.
FAQs for CDS Selection Process
Ques- What happens if a candidate fails to bring his or her documents to the CDS medical exam?
Ans- Any aspirant who fails to produce documents will be disqualified from the final CDS selection process in 2022.
Ques- Is it necessary to secure qualifying marks in both the CDS Written Exam and the SSB Interview to be selected?
Ans- To make it to the final merit list, candidates must score qualifying marks in each stage individually.
Ques- After passing the SSB Interview 2022, what documents must qualified candidates submit?
Ans- SSB Interview 2022 qualified candidates must submit the following documents:
- Photocopies of matriculation certificates or other proof of birth date
- Bachelor’s Degree/Provisional Degree, as well as all year/semester mark sheets, as proof of educational qualification
- Identity Verification
Ques- What criteria will be used to compile the CDS final merit list for 2022?
Ans- The final CDS final merit list 2022 will be prepared based on the candidates’ performance in the written and SSB interview processes.