West Bengal Police Recruitment Exam 2022: A vacancy of 1666 constables is released by the organization. Interested candidates can apply till June 27, 2022. Every year, the Board holds state-wide exams for the position of WBP Constable (male). This position is open to candidates who have passed their Madhyamik exam. Unlike many other government exams, West Bengal Police Constable application forms are accepted both online and offline. As a result, an increasing number of applicants apply, many of whom are from rural areas of West Bengal, where internet access is limited. Last year, there were approximately 8,500 constable vacancies reported.
West Bengal Police has released a vacancy of 1666 Constables, among whom 1410 are Males and 256 are for Females.
Last Date to Apply: 27 June 2022
Interested candidates can visit the official website to apply for the Examination.
West Bengal Police Constable Exam 2022 Highlights
|Name of the Examination||West Bengal Police|
|Position of Work||Constable (Male)|
|Conducting Body||West Bengal Police Recruitment Board|
|Method of Application||Online and offline|
|Criteria for Eligibility||Qualifying Madhyamik exam or its equivalent|
|Selection Stages||Total 7|
|Maximum Marks||Preliminary Exam – 100|
Final Written Test – 85
Interview – 15
|Examination||Released for Prelims, TBA for Main|
|Location of Job||Kolkata|
West Bengal Police Constable Examination Schedule 2022
|Important Events||Tentative Schedule|
|Application link activated||29 May 2022|
|Last date to apply||27 June 2022|
|WB Police Constable Admit Card||September 2022|
|WB Police Constable Preliminary Written Test||September 2022|
|Physical Measurement Test (PMT)||TBA|
|Physical Efficiency Test (PET) Date||TBA|
|Final written exam||TBA|
West Bengal Police Constable Application Process 2022
The West Bengal Police Recruitment Board (WBPRB) has designed the application process for the West Bengal Police Constable exam in such a way that it accepts both online and offline submissions. Sahaj Mitra Kendras have been set up throughout the state to assist applicants with the application process.
Submission of an Online Application
To submit the form online, candidates must:
- Go to the official website.
- The link “Online application for the post of Constable in West Bengal Police” will open.
- Fill out the form to the best of your ability.
- Upload scanned copies of your signature and photograph.
- Complete the application process by paying the application fees and submitting it.
- It is recommended that you save, download, and print a copy of the completed application form. A unique application serial number will be generated, which should be carefully saved for future reference.
Candidates can fill out their online form at their nearest Sahaj Mitra Kendra. The on-site staff will assist them with the procedure. They’ll scan and upload all of the required documents. It is important to remember that no changes will be permitted after the form has been submitted, so double-check and confirm all the information provided.
Submission of Off-line Application
Candidates who submit their applications offline can do so on their own or visit a Sahaj Mitra Kendra to complete the process.
- To begin with, go to the West Bengal Police website and download the offline form.
- Fill in the blanks on the form with the necessary information.
- The pre-filled form can be printed by clicking the “Save and Download” button.
- The candidate’s application serial number and a bar code for authenticity will be included in the pre-filled form.
- A passport-size photograph must be pasted in the designated slots, along with a signature.
- The printed form must be accompanied by an original copy of the application fee payment receipt or Challan (Board’s copy) generated by the Postal Department or United Bank of India.
- The form, as well as its attachment, must be posted to:
West Bengal Police Recruitment Board,
Arakshan Bhaban (5th floor),
Block–DJ, Sector II,
Salt Lake City,
As per the Board’s guidelines,
- The pre-filled form must be printed using a mono-laser jet, 600 dpi or higher, with normal print on 75 GSM A4 size white paper.
- The envelope must be 32 cm x 22 cm in size.
- On the envelope, the name of the recruitment, the name of the post applied for, and the candidate’s application serial number must be written.
Important Documents to be Uploaded
The candidate’s photograph and signature will be required for both offline and online application submission. In the online mode, however, scanned copies of the two documents must be uploaded.
|Document Name||Document Format||Document Size||Dimension of the document|
|Passport size photograph||.jpg||10 – 50 kB||4.5 cm * 3.5 cm|
|Signature of the Candidate||.jpg||5 – 20 kB||1.7 cm * 9.2 cm|
West Bengal Police Constable Fees for the Application
|Categories||Fee for Applying||Fee for Processing||Total Amount to be paid|
|All categories except SC/ST||150 INR||20 INR||170 INR|
|SC/ST||–||20 INR||20 INR|
|Assam Police Constable||UP Police Constable||Rajasthan Police SI|
|IAF Group C||IAF Airmen||Haryana Police Constable|
West Bengal Police Constable Eligibility 2022
- Nationality: Applying candidates must be a citizen of India.
- Gender: Only men are eligible to apply for the position of Constable in the West Bengal Police Department.
- Academic qualification: Candidates are eligible to apply for the position if they have passed the Madhyamik exam administered by the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education (WBBSE) or the Class 10 final examination administered by any nationally recognized Board.
- Language: The candidate must be fluent in Bengali, which means he must be able to read, speak, and write the language. Residents of the hilly sub-districts of Darjeeling and Kalimpong districts, however, may not meet this criterion. They will be subject to the provisions of the West Bengal Official Language Act, 1961.
- NVF, Home Guard personnel & Civic Volunteers: If they have completed three years of service with the West Bengal Police, these Sahayak workers can also apply.
- Age Limit: The minimum and maximum age limits are 18 and 27 years, respectively, with some exceptions for reserved category candidates.
|Categories||Minimum Age Limit||Maximum Age limit|
|General and others||18 years||27 years|
|SC / ST||32 years|
According to government order, applicants with an NVF or Home Guard service background are eligible for a relaxation in the age limit. Civic volunteers, on the other hand, are exempt from such concessions.
Physical Standards: Candidates applying must make sure that they meet the minimum requirements for physical standards as given below.
|Without expansion||With expansion|
|Candidates of all categories except Gorkhas, Garhwalis, Rajbanshi and ST||167 cm||57 kg||78 cm||83 cm|
|Gorkhas, Garhwalies, Rajbanshi and ST candidates||160 cm||53 kg||76 cm||81 cm|
Syllabus for West Bengal Police Constable 2022
The following is a syllabus for all subjects in the preliminary and final written tests. For more information, please visit the official website.
|General Awareness & General Knowledge||Culture, Indian Constitution, Budget and Five Year Plans, National and International Current Affairs, Science – Inventions & Discoveries, Knowledge of Current Events, History, Geography, Economy, Banking and Finance,General Politics Countries and Capitals, Scientific Research, Important Economic and Financial news, Sports|
|Elementary Mathematics||Number systems, Statement & Condition, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Percentages, Use of Tables & Graphs,Computation of whole numbers, Interest, Ratio & Time, Statements & Conclusions, Decimals & Fractions, Time & Distance, Profit & Loss, Discount, Mensuration, Time and Work, Fundamental arithmetic operations|
|English||Substitution, Synonyms and Antonyms, Sentence Completion, Prepositions, Transformation, Active & Passive Voice, Spotting Errors, Passage completion, Sentence Arrangement,Para Completion, Spelling test, Joining sentences, Idioms and Proverbs,Fill in the blanks, Error correction|
|Reasoning Ability||Blood Relation, Clocks Calendar & Age, Direction sense, Cubes & Dices, Day sequence, Coding – Decoding, Puzzles, Statement and Assumptions, Input and Output,Statement and Conclusion, Cause and Effect, Statements and Arguments, Decision Making, Data Sufficiency, Analogies, Symbols and Notations, Logical problems, Logical Deductions, Course of Action, Inferences, Syllogism|
West Bengal Police Constable Pattern of Examination 2022
Candidates must take a preliminary and final written test for the position of constable in WBP. Shortlisted candidates will be allowed to take the main exam and other subsequent tests if they pass the preliminary exam.
- The prelims will only be used to qualify for the main event.
- In both phases, the questions will be objective.
- Except for the English section in the main exam, the question paper will be bilingual—in Bengali and Nepali.
- There will be no sectional time limits and the tests will last one hour each.
- In total, there will be 100 questions in the prelims and 85 in the mains.
- Each question will be worth one mark.
- A 0.25 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
|Sections||The Name of the Subjects||Total Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|I||General Awareness & General Knowledge||50||50||1 hour|
Final Written Examination:
|Sections||The Name of the Subjects||Total Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|I||General Awareness & General Knowledge||25||25||1 hour|
|IV||Reasoning & Logical Analysis||15||15|
West Bengal Police Constable Process of Selection 2022
Candidates for the position of constable in WBP are selected based on the results of seven tests administered by the Assistant Inspector General or Superintendent of Police.
- Preliminary Test: All applicants will be required to appear for this test if they are eligible.
- Physical Measurement Test (PMT): This test will be required of all candidates who apply for the job to ensure that they meet the minimum physical requirements outlined earlier in this article.
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET):They will have to run 1600 meters in 6 minutes and 30 seconds for this test. RFID technology will keep track of the time.
- Final Written Exam:Candidates who have passed the previous three tests will be eligible to take this one.
- Interview: This will be a 15-mark test that will assess candidates’ general knowledge and suitability for public service.
- Verification of Character Antecedents: Selected candidates will be called for this test. They are required to fill up a verification roll for inquiry.
- Medical examination: Candidates are sent to a state government-designated hospital for medical testing, as directed by the Department of Health and Family Welfare. As a result, a medical fitness certificate will be issued, and candidates will be appointed.
West Bengal Police Constable Salary 2022
A monthly salary of pay scale 5400–25200/-(PB–2) and grade pay of 2600 INR is paid to a constable in the West Bengal Police Department.
They also receive additional benefits such as housing, accident insurance, medical insurance, a grant for a girl child’s education (up to graduation) and marriage (within 18-25 years of age), a pension after retirement, and other allowances according to government guidelines.